What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Greatest Email Ever

Like this classic?

518F80B5SGL._AA280_.jpg

Dude, I think your 'A' has a boner......

wait. Did that offend girls since they don't have boners? Does the 'boner' terminology offend lesbians that wish they had a boner?

I can't figure it out. We want to be politically corect, yet go out of our way to offend the lammie and fusker fans.....and good lord, that can't be a choice, that has to be some weird DNA chomosone failure to be a fan of those teams, right?

Dude, I think your 'A' has a boner......

wait. Did that offend girls since they don't have boners? Does the 'boner' terminology offend lesbians that wish they had a boner?

does it count if she is wearing a strap on?:confused:

Last edited:
Moby was the site of a movie shoot, how many movies have been filmed at CEC?

The beginning of the origional Shining with Jack Nicholson, Boulder was were the family lived before they went up to take care of the hotel. They talked about Boulder, and there was a scene with the flatirons in the background.

A recent movie by the name of Catch and Release with Jennifer Garner was filmed in Boulder.

There are numerous songs with Boulder in them, a lot of the songs are country. I know you don'tg like country, but it's better than that ear damaging heavy metel screaming you call music.

There are more movies too.

Even more reason. I think CU hates everyone that isn't CU. It's not like Colorado University is ****ing Harvard or something...it's a ****in state University who cares who has better bathroom facilities or NASA Employees....honestly its childish

You live in Texas and this is somehow a novel concept?

The beginning of the origional Shining with Jack Nicholson, Boulder was were the family lived before they went up to take care of the hotel. They talked about Boulder, and there was a scene with the flatirons in the background.

A recent movie by the name of Catch and Release with Jennifer Garner was filmed in Boulder.

There are numerous songs with Boulder in them, a lot of the songs are country. I know you don'tg like country, but it's better than that ear damaging heavy metel screaming you call music.

don't forget Mork and Mindy

In "The Stand" (book by Stephen King and also TV Movie) the good survivors of the plague that ends the world are directed in by God to go to Boulder. God want's his people in Boulder - nuff said.

In "The Stand" (book by Stephen King and also TV Movie) the good survivors of the plague that ends the world are directed in by God to go to Boulder. God want's his people in Boulder - nuff said.

That's why I moved to Boulder -- God told me to.

ohhhh, thats a good one. Better add that to the post-loss smack list.

Since I went to CSU but have now lived in Boulder for five years (moved here from Chicago), I think it's funny that the residents of Boulder and Ft. Collins attack each others' towns so vigorously. No two cities could be more alike. For all the accusations that Ft. Collins is hicktown and Boulder is hippyville, the reality is that they're:

-About the same size
-Rife with liberal, Subaru-driving, outdoor-oriented, environmentalists
-Dominated by large, state, research universities that are actually of comparable overall quality, neither of which compares to Northwestern University, where I went to grad school
-Right next to the mountains
-Bereft of more sophisticated examples of culture like Trader Joe's and In 'n Out Burgers
-Cursed with football teams that had awful years in 2006, featuring the least-exciting Rocky Mountain Showdown in a long time

Having said all of that, the "best email ever" is embarrassingly trite and inaccurate if you're a CU fan. It's eye-rolling stupid to everyone else. And, to defend my hometown of Del Norte, CO (population 1,200; located in the San Luis Valley), CSU has had at least ONE astronaut: Del Norte native and space shuttle commander Kent Rominger.

Now everyone will jump in and tell me how different Boulder and Ft. Collins really are; I say live in both for several years each and THEN tell me.

I believe you mispoke when you tried to compare CU to CSU and then to Northwestern when you didn't ever go to CU. Did you?

A friend of mine who is a professor up there did a year at an ivy leauge school (he is a Michigan alum with no degrees from CU) and he thought that work ethic of students at CU was much higher than that at where he went.

I think you need to add a degree from CU before you make your comparisions.

Thanks.

I believe you mispoke when you tried to compare CU to CSU and then to Northwestern when you didn't ever go to CU. Did you?

A friend of mine who is a professor up there did a year at an ivy leauge school (he is a Michigan alum with no degrees from CU) and he thought that work ethic of students at CU was much higher than that at where he went.

I think you need to add a degree from CU before you make your comparisions.

Thanks.

I didn't attend CU, no. Having looked at many college rankings, NU is near the top in many categories and usually much higher than either CU or CSU. NU is not an Ivy League school, btw (not sure if you were implying that; clarifying just in case). I will have to skip adding the CU degree as I am degreed-out! But to be fair, you could say that since I didn't attend both institutions, I can't compare except based on published data.

Thanks.

I didn't attend CU, no. Having looked at many college rankings, NU is near the top in many categories and usually much higher than either CU or CSU. NU is not an Ivy League school, btw (not sure if you were implying that; clarifying just in case). I will have to skip adding the CU degree as I am degreed-out! But to be fair, you could say that since I didn't attend both institutions, I can't compare except based on published data.

Thanks.

I would agree that Northwestern, not NU, is comparable to some Ivy Leauge institutions. I am aware that they are no more a member of the Ivy Leauge than CSU is. :devil2:

I would agree that Northwestern, not NU, is comparable to some Ivy Leauge institutions. I am aware that they are no more a member of the Ivy Leauge than CSU is. :devil2:

Well played. I have heard some Buff fans say that if CU gets any better it will be known as the "Harvard of the West." I can only say in reply that if Harvard gets any better, it will be known as the "CSU of the East."

:wink2:

Thanks.

such as "tenured teachers fired" when academic funds dry up?

Well played. I have heard some Buff fans say that if CU gets any better it will be known as the "Harvard of the West." I can only say in reply that if Harvard gets any better, it will be known as the "CSU of the East."

:wink2:

that is rich. EVERYONE knows who Harvard is. nationally, people wonder, "CS-Who???"

after posting, i dragged myself to the shower to wake up. while in there, i thought of a couple points:

1. "NU is near the top in many categories and usually much higher than either CU or CSU" - let's see the backup. i am sure that they are - in some category that would impress anyone from a 12-count town. personally, i find that they are proud of their medical complex, before considering what other campusses have. however, there is NO WAY that a university with no nobel prize winners, no links to arguably the hottest agency in the nation for technology (NASA) will eclipse what is going on at CU. CU does rate among the best. for nebraska to eclipse that, they would have to be a top ten school. that just isn't so.

2. this "about the same" comparison thing - i find that to be a copout for people who knowingly sacrifice quality and prestige in order to skimp on bucks. i would bet that some aggys of the north think that csu's recruiting this year was "about the same" than cu's. in reality, they are practically polar opposites. to bluster your way and claim they are "about the same" is an exercise in blurry vision.

3. relevance and rigor - that is what the school argument really boils down to. can schools with slightly to divergently lower admission standards, and a less qualified staff punch out graduates with as much respect and perstige as a cu diploma carries? a number of people argue no. ny parents argued no, when i thought for a second to follow some less-academically inclined friends to csu. i got a "hell no" and a schooling from my father, who has no ties to either institution, but who was savvy enough to realize what a degree from the better school would mean. it is a "hell no" from swchool boards across the country. how i know that is that they gushed about my transcripts in comparison to other applicants they have run across from colorado. it very much favorably compares to requirements from universities here. they said "WOW! we have never seen so much science in our lives!" all but one district offered me, following an interview, and the one was leaning towards a teacher-coach. i think that suggests that everyone can respect relevance and rigor when they see it. in addition, there is no shortage of sources that give the nod to cu with respect to rankings, love, honor, and prestige. frankly, all that love is missing from nu and csu. another b12 school i DO see getting love is oklahoma, with the fact that per capita, they have more rhodes scholars than any other university in the world. that demonstrates rigor and relevance, too.

i am sure that there are a number of schools that csu and nu compare to, but it is NOT cu. while i may be a homer, i am also a realist. nu grads? not in my district. there IS a nu grad at a district down the road. but his district is not on the cusp of a district-wide exemplary rating. ours was literally a small handful of students away from the highest rating this year. we are still sitting very pretty, and have an eye to give our students meaning, relevance, and rigor. it is all about the mindset to be the best and most sought after district in the state. it has happened, and will continue to happen. it is the same with cu vs. the other schools compared in this thread.

its not a novel concept. he is just pissed that a comparison with the academic credentials of nebraska would look the same as the aggys of the north. :smile2:

Im not getting into this argument. Who had the highest grad rate in the Big 12? Ermmm what?:lol:

Calm down people Im not dissing CU I'm saying...who gives a **** about who does what better....THEY ARE STATE SCHOOLS. People will hire an NU degree just as fast as a CU degree or a CSU degree. It doesn't matter. Degrees are ****in worthless smell good farts anyways...they don't dictate intelligence. And for that matter...Iowa Universities smoke both of ours in terms of research departments but I'd very much rather stay with my Nebraska.

Put it this way.....Colorado University...your **** does stink. Along with NU's and any other school for that matter.
And Blaise get off your high horse...you are not all that and a bag of ****in potato wedges. And please....no more posting about you in the shower...think I threw up in my mouth a little. Take your NASA garbage I could really give a ****. I'll take 5 national championships.

Last edited:
after posting, i dragged myself to the shower to wake up. while in there, i thought of a couple points:

1. "NU is near the top in many categories and usually much higher than either CU or CSU" - let's see the backup. i am sure that they are - in some category that would impress anyone from a 12-count town. personally, i find that they are proud of their medical complex, before considering what other campusses have. however, there is NO WAY that a university with no nobel prize winners, no links to arguably the hottest agency in the nation for technology (NASA) will eclipse what is going on at CU. CU does rate among the best. for nebraska to eclipse that, they would have to be a top ten school. that just isn't so.

2. this "about the same" comparison thing - i find that to be a copout for people who knowingly sacrifice quality and prestige in order to skimp on bucks. i would bet that some aggys of the north think that csu's recruiting this year was "about the same" than cu's. in reality, they are practically polar opposites. to bluster your way and claim they are "about the same" is an exercise in blurry vision.

3. relevance and rigor - that is what the school argument really boils down to. can schools with slightly to divergently lower admission standards, and a less qualified staff punch out graduates with as much respect and perstige as a cu diploma carries? a number of people argue no. ny parents argued no, when i thought for a second to follow some less-academically inclined friends to csu. i got a "hell no" and a schooling from my father, who has no ties to either institution, but who was savvy enough to realize what a degree from the better school would mean. it is a "hell no" from swchool boards across the country. how i know that is that they gushed about my transcripts in comparison to other applicants they have run across from colorado. it very much favorably compares to requirements from universities here. they said "WOW! we have never seen so much science in our lives!" all but one district offered me, following an interview, and the one was leaning towards a teacher-coach. i think that suggests that everyone can respect relevance and rigor when they see it. in addition, there is no shortage of sources that give the nod to cu with respect to rankings, love, honor, and prestige. frankly, all that love is missing from nu and csu. another b12 school i DO see getting love is oklahoma, with the fact that per capita, they have more rhodes scholars than any other university in the world. that demonstrates rigor and relevance, too.

i am sure that there are a number of schools that csu and nu compare to, but it is NOT cu. while i may be a homer, i am also a realist. nu grads? not in my district. there IS a nu grad at a district down the road. but his district is not on the cusp of a district-wide exemplary rating. ours was literally a small handful of students away from the highest rating this year. we are still sitting very pretty, and have an eye to give our students meaning, relevance, and rigor. it is all about the mindset to be the best and most sought after district in the state. it has happened, and will continue to happen. it is the same with cu vs. the other schools compared in this thread.

Compelling post but NU in the original post referred to Northwestern not *ebraksa. Other than that I agree. :smile2:

And, to defend my hometown of Del Norte, CO (population 1,200; located in the San Luis Valley), CSU has had at least ONE astronaut: Del Norte native and space shuttle commander Kent Rominger.

Actually, you guys have had at least two astronauts...Kent Rominger and James "Ox" van Hoften. van Hoften didn't do undergrad at CSU, but did receive a Doctorate of Philosophy in Hydraulic Engineering from Goat State. Just wanted to clarify!

BTW, small world, my hometown was Monte Vista. :thumbsup:

Astronauts
Loren Acton, NASA astronaut
Patrick Baudry, CNES astronaut
Vance D. Brand, NASA astronaut
Scott Carpenter, NASA astronaut
Kalpana Chawla, NASA astronaut died on Columbia
Takao Doi, NASA astronaut
Samuel T. Durrance, NASA astronaut
John Herrington, NASA astronaut
Richard Hieb, NASA astronaut
Marsha Ivins, NASA astronaut
John M. Lounge, NASA astronaut
George Nelson, NASA astronaut
Ellison Onizuka, NASA astronaut died on Challenger
Stuart Roosa, NASA astronaut
Ronald M. Sega, NASA astronaut
Jack Swigert, NASA astronaut flew on Apollo 13
James Voss, NASA astronaut
David Ettenger, NASA astronaut

In this day and age of drunk astronauts and astronaut love triangles involving diapers, the NASA thing is so over rated. Other than Tang, velcro, google space and crappy SIRIUS customer service, what has NASA done for me lately? I don't have a clue. Oh yeah, there are some great pictures of hurricanes baring down on gulf cities.

Come on, Miami. Let's see your list of CU hotties. If UT has Sandra Bullock and Rene Zellwinger, certainly CU can step up to the plate with some girl power of equal or greater talent. After all, CU is a school that has been ranked as one of Playboy's hottest campuses once upon a time. There is a Shakespeare festival and a film school. Come on Miami, Let's see some skin to win!!!!

-Dominated by large, state, research universities that are actually of comparable overall quality, neither of which compares to Northwestern University, where I went to grad school

Northwestern does have an MBA program of some national prestige. But that's about it. Who outside of Chicagoland holds Northwestern to any great esteem? What happened? Didn't Harvard or Wharton accept your grad school application? The rest of NW's fame is purely provential. Northwestern is the Rice of the Midwest. The Harvey Mudd of CHItown. The Duke of Lake Michicgan. It's the Craighton of Illinois.

The last time Northwestern was even near the Colorado radar scope invovled a homecoming of sorts of a certain coach GB, before the kicker incident.

People will hire an NU degree just as fast as a CU degree or a CSU degree. It doesn't matter. Degrees are ****in worthless smell good farts anyways...they don't dictate intelligence.

I'll take 5 national championships.

Just because you, Moosenuckle, made it through nU semi-drunk with a marginal grade point average, and had to settle for some online degree paid for by your employer doesn't give you any authority to lecture this CU board about the value of a CU degree.

CU is a LIFESTYLE campus with skiing, hiking, and outdoor fun galore. I'll take my 1 National Championship and 145 ski days, over any painful winter surviving the bleak environmental and culturally bankrupt landscape that is Lincoln, thank you very much.

Just because you, Moosenuckle, made it through nU semi-drunk with a marginal grade point average, and had to settle for some online degree paid for by your employer doesn't give you any authority to lecture this CU board about the value of a CU degree.

CU is a LIFESTYLE campus with skiing, hiking, and outdoor fun galore. I'll take my 1 National Championship and 145 ski days, over any painful winter surviving the bleak environmental and culturally bankrupt landscape that is Lincoln, thank you very much.

Ermm I'm not an alumni. My family didn't have the money and my scholarships wouldn't have covered. I joined the military.

And as for skiing...we have a condo up by Breck so we go all the time. I love Colorado.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

In this day and age of drunk astronauts and astronaut love triangles involving diapers, the NASA thing is so over rated. Other than Tang, velcro, google space and crappy SIRIUS customer service, what has NASA done for me lately? I don't have a clue. Oh yeah, there are some great pictures of hurricanes baring down on gulf cities.

Come on, Miami. Let's see your list of CU hotties. If UT has Sandra Bullock and Rene Zellwinger, certainly CU can step up to the plate with some girl power of equal or greater talent. After all, CU is a school that has been ranked as one of Playboy's hottest campuses once upon a time. There is a Shakespeare festival and a film school. Come on Miami, Let's see some skin to win!!!!

Ask and you shall receive....CU hottie Rachel Wacholder
PICT0072.jpg

829.jpg

1213.jpg

Ermm I'm not an alumni. My family didn't have the money and my scholarships wouldn't have covered. I joined the military.

And as for skiing...we have a condo up by Breck so we go all the time. I love Colorado.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Hey, the price of a Breck condo and a college education are about the same. Both can be financed. Glad to know your priorities. The thing about going to school at CU, you can have the best of both worlds.

Back