What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Greetings from the land of the az

TEAMKISIMA

Buff nation. We hope all is well, n cant say enough on the great job our recruiting buffs leads r doing. I have a favor to ask. Can anyone give us the 411 on if our buffs are solid at the recieving position at this time? Here's the scoop on why. K havoc is close likethis to a certain gifted receiver that is still unsure about his school selection n khavoc wants him to come...badly with him.......buff nation.....his name is......javon williams.....buff nation. Can u help?

Behind Paul Richardson we are unproven at WR. Javon would see a lot of PT early imo if he came to CU

Behind Paul Richardson we are unproven at WR. Javon would see a lot of PT early imo if he came to CU

This.

We have a lot of unproven players at WR.

It looks like Javon may be considering Okie Lite. Remember, no matter how nice their facilities may be, they're still located in Stoolwater, Oklahoma.

This.

We have a lot of unproven players at WR.

It looks like Javon may be considering Okie Lite. Remember, no matter how nice their facilities may be, they're still located in Stoolwater, Oklahoma.

Ever tasted stool water? Not bad.

You wouldn't even have to deliver a sales pitch to the kid. He could play every down for 4 years ... for the same staff. The way colleges change coaches these days, Colorado is one of the only schools loyal enough to guarantee a coach 5 years. Exhibit A - Dan Hawkins.

Other coaches will send a text message when they change schools in 2 years.

Last edited:
Might also be worth noting that we may very well be looking to take another receiver in this cycle because of the Peyton Williams injury.

Might also be worth noting that we may very well be looking to take another receiver in this cycle because of the Peyton Williams injury.

Regardless of Peyton's status.....we should be all over this guy.

Buff nation. We hope all is well, n cant say enough on the great job our recruiting buffs leads r doing. I have a favor to ask. Can anyone give us the 411 on if our buffs are solid at the recieving position at this time? Here's the scoop on why. K havoc is close likethis to a certain gifted receiver that is still unsure about his school selection n khavoc wants him to come...badly with him.......buff nation.....his name is......javon williams.....buff nation. Can u help?

As others here have said we have Paul Richardson as our only quality reciever with significant experience. We have a couple of recruits from last year who have some promise and commits from three guys out of Texas who all look like good prospects but Williams would have a real opportunity to earn playing time and be a significant part of the offense early on.

One of the things I have been impressed by with Embree and his staff is that they aren't locked into "favorites." Whoever earns the time gets the time. Williams looks to be a very talented guy who would fit in well here. If he has an idea of playing at the next level it would be hard to beat playing in what will be an offense built on pro concepts coached by guys who have significant NFL experience both as assistants and players.

I'm loving not only the talent but also the attitude of the guys we have on the commit list so far. The roster that Hawkins left had me thinking that it was going to take some time to get back to the level we all want. We still have some gaps but I think the turnaround is going to happen faster than I expected and it will be a great experience for those players who are a part of it.

Here's the honest 411 on our WR situation.

Next year, our returning WRs will look like this:

Seniors - none
Juniors - Jarrod Darden (hasn't cracked the depth chart), Paul Richardson (could be all conference)
Sophs - Keenan Canty (decent player who is more suited to the slot), Tyler McCullough (big WR who is a possession type), Austin Vincent (lots of potential but had a disciplinary incident and we don't know if he'll be back)
RS-Frosh - Nelson Spruce (set receiving records for Westlake in CA in HS, but we haven't seen what he can do yet)

True Frosh commitments (all very solid in their commitments, as far as we know):

Gerald Thomas- slot receiver and return guy. should be a playmaker.

Jeffrey Thomas- traditional wide receiver. big target, good route runner, catches with his hands.

Peyton Williams - excellent year for the TX 5A state champs, but got injured in the semi-finals. Reports are that it was an ACL. Don't know status for fall camp.

Bottom line is that there looks like some young talent that can be part of a nice receiving corp for us. But we only have 1 starting spot we're sure of next year (PRich). No one really distinguished himself and seems like a favorite going into spring practices for the other spot. And we also use a lot of 3 WR sets. Canty might have the edge for the slot, but a lot of us expect Gerald Thomas to have a great shot at winning the job.

Regarding Javon Williams, I can tell you that he's one of the WRs in the west that we have followed most closely in the recruiting forum this cycle. The recruiting mods (myself included) are higher on him than we are on some of the more nationally hyped WRs and think he could come in from day one and be a difference maker. There's a major opportunity to start or at least get a ton of snaps as a true freshman WR in 2012.

Hope that helps.

Reminder to the board:

I know everyone is excited and very high on Javon Williams. Please remember that we need to show this responsibly. Express your excitement. Provide information as requested. Make it clear how high we are all on Javon. But don't try to recruit.

:gobuffs:

Reminder to the board:

I know everyone is excited and very high on Javon Williams. Please remember that we need to show this responsibly. Express your excitement. Provide information as requested. Make it clear how high we are all on Javon. But don't try to recruit.

:gobuffs:

you are worried about a potential violation?

you are worried about a potential violation?

Not worried. Everyone here is good about this stuff. It's just a good policy to give a reminder every now and then. Especially in this case where I know people are very high on Javon and also since this is not in the Recruiting Forum so we may have people participating in the thread who don't spend much time on that part of the board and, therefore, may not be as well versed in the rules.

Tell Javon this is the PERFECT situation for him and this train is about to leave the station. We are developing a west coast passing scheme that will easily translate to the pro's, definitely a hallmark that any kid with pro aspirations should be looking at. Looking at our coaching staff, the NFL experience they have is some of the highest in college football. Position coach Bobby Kennedy coached at Texas for 7 years developing some of the best WR's in college football, and multiple 1st round draft picks. CU as a high has 3-4 1st round draft picks at the WR position over the past 20 years. Talent wise on this current team, we have filled the funnel with two high talent QB's who will be throwing the rock around. Connor Wood was the 3rd rated pocket passer as rated by Rivals upon graduating high school. He'll be a r/s Sophomore w/ three years to play. WE also landed Shane Dillon, a 4* prep from San Diego who just guided Christian HS to a sectional championship for it's area. He also finished 7th in the prestigious ELITE 11 competition hosted by Nike/ESPN.
Right there, whatever WR's playing for CU are going to have premium blue chip talent throwing the ball to them. In regards to CU's offense, it's routine to see 3 WR sets out on the field so a bunch of guys are going to get opportunities to play and touch the ball.

As Buffnik said, we have Paul Richardson coming back and then a lot of question marks. Keenan Canty has great athletic ability, questionable hands at this point. Nelson Spruce and even Tyler McCullough are unproven quantities yet. We all assume kids will play and get better. We are bringing in three dynamic WR's from Texas who all bring something different to the table. Jeff Thomas is more of a possession WR who runs great routes, can catch passes at it's highest point. Gerald Thomas is a high end speedster, do it all END, cut from the Percy Harvin type mold. He'll bring a lot of diversity to our offense. Peyton Williams is slightly less unknown because their hasn't been much film released on him but he seems like a guy that will play in the slots, catch a lot of balls and move the chains. As mentioned, he got injured in the Texas state semi-finals

The bottom line is Javon Williams is a very talented young player and Jon Embree is looking for these types to build his football team around. He's a players coach that is going to give his playmakers a chance to succeed. Landing players like Javon and some of the other kids in this class is going to accelerate the climb Jon Embree has this program on, and hopefully Javon buys in and wants to be a part of that. Boulder is an exceptionally great college town, in a beautiful college environment along with providing a world class education. There are MANY reasons why Javon and Kasima should be here, and they have the potential to change the way they play football at CU and in the Pac 12.

Go BUFFS!!!

Last edited:
It is only a formality at this point, Austin Vincent will NOT be back.

CU is still looking to add a WR to this class.

I'll bluntly say what I believe Buffnik thinks.... We have one proven D1 receiver on this team. Spruce may turn out to be a good possession receiver. Canty shows flashes, but he is very small and had no other BCS offers. McCullough shows promise as a big possession type receiver. He's 6'5" and played as a true freshman some. He had trouble getting seperation. We were his only BCS offer. We have no depth for sure. We will need 3 true freshman to play a lot next year even if those above develop.

We have a really nice QB pipeline, an NFL QB coach....

We absolutely NEED more WR talent asap. This is the opportunity of a lifetime for a kid.

Last edited:
One other factor that any potential player should consider. Football is obviously a huge consideration but any he is also going to be spending the next few years with the opportunity to get an education. While there are a lot of good schools out there Embree has already shown that he is serious about his players being successful both on the field and in the classroom. This is important since we as fans are of course more concerned with the football end of things but this is an opportunity that most guys won't get again and the education as well as the college experience in general is something that will stick with someone forever. In this regard the CU experience is hard to beat.

also, 4db is a fan of the buffs. i would not hesitate to mention that. :thumbsup:

just trying to help out here.

Here's the honest 411 on our WR situation.

Next year, our returning WRs will look like this:

Seniors - none
Juniors - Jarrod Darden (hasn't cracked the depth chart), Paul Richardson (could be all conference)
Sophs - Keenan Canty (decent player who is more suited to the slot), Tyler McCullough (big WR who is a possession type), Austin Vincent (lots of potential but had a disciplinary incident and we don't know if he'll be back)
RS-Frosh - Nelson Spruce (set receiving records for Westlake in CA in HS, but we haven't seen what he can do yet)

True Frosh commitments (all very solid in their commitments, as far as we know):

Gerald Thomas- slot receiver and return guy. should be a playmaker.

Jeffrey Thomas- traditional wide receiver. big target, good route runner, catches with his hands.

Peyton Williams - excellent year for the TX 5A state champs, but got injured in the semi-finals. Reports are that it was an ACL. Don't know status for fall camp.

Bottom line is that there looks like some young talent that can be part of a nice receiving corp for us. But we only have 1 starting spot we're sure of next year (PRich). No one really distinguished himself and seems like a favorite going into spring practices for the other spot. And we also use a lot of 3 WR sets. Canty might have the edge for the slot, but a lot of us expect Gerald Thomas to have a great shot at winning the job.

Regarding Javon Williams, I can tell you that he's one of the WRs in the west that we have followed most closely in the recruiting forum this cycle. The recruiting mods (myself included) are higher on him than we are on some of the more nationally hyped WRs and think he could come in from day one and be a difference maker. There's a major opportunity to start or at least get a ton of snaps as a true freshman WR in 2012.

Hope that helps.
TeamKISIMA, 'Nik is the best voice on the board for this, so his info is probably the most reliable. We could use a high quality WR.

Bobby Kennedy is a good WR coach. Guys get better under his tutelage.

Saw Bobby in action last night at Cowboys stadium....I have a lot of confidence in him. However, he should wear CU gear in public.....

[video=youtube;x4fzzyfDj8s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4fzzyfDj8s[/video]

Saw Bobby in action last night at Cowboys stadium....I have a lot of confidence in him. However, he should wear CU gear in public.....

May have been requested not to as a condition of being on the sidelines. Just guessing.

"tko" .....buff nation alert.........tko.....buff nation alert..........just read a piece from "buffstampede.com - jw has named "now" the university of colorado buffaloes in the "final" five........thanks for the info...............we appreciate all the data and will do our part to get him to boulder.......have a great week.......and...........remember ................." get.........."buff-a-cized"

Back