1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grimes

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by CUwhit21, Jul 6, 2009.

1. CUwhit21

CUwhit21 Club Member Club Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyWf...-tigers-run-game.html&feature=player_embedded

Just reading the article on Smart Football about Malzahn's offense. I came across the link above of Auburn running a reverse in their spring game. It looks awfully similar to what we saw the last two years.

And considering that we saw no reverses in the spring game, I'm beginning to wonder if this was more due to Grimes then Helfrich. After all, he was the running game coordinator that supposedly had the final say on offensive gameplans.

Anyway, just thought it was interesting. It almost looked like Cody handing off to Josh Smith.

2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I know it wasn't the best play we had in the book, but I do know why they ran it. It keeps the defenses honest. I think it's a setup play. A high number of other schools run this same play.

I wish we knew what the overall average was on this play. I do know every time Josh Smith had the ball in his hands, he came close to breaking some for six.

3. CUwhit21

CUwhit21 Club Member Club Member

Not sure how accurate this will be as I'm just taking the rushing attempts/yards for our WRs the past two years. I'm assuming each time a WR ran the ball it was a reverse.

2008:

18 carries, 43 yards, 2.39 yards per carry

2007:

37 carries, 171 yards, 4.62 yards per carry

4. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7_4MdhWUcw&feature=related"]YouTube - zone read bubble[/ame]

and

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOAudC6NN3Y&feature=related"]YouTube - counter auburn[/ame]

5. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Wow.

That guy is fast and auburns d-line sucks balls.

6. LilBunky

LilBunky Guest

Grimes was "finesse" guy, more absorbed with technique than just playing hard-nosed FB. Too often,our O-line looked confused and hapless trying to move laterally and even backward, despite their size and strength. Throwin the disruption from injury, combined with the insistence of working the spread and you had the disasterous 107th offense in the country----Thanks to former OC Helfrich, greatly aided and abetted by Grimes!

On that WR sweep, it was that play fake that set up Sprague's winning TD catch vs. OU. The OU safety bit on that fake badly...Dusty had him beat by five yards!

As hawk learned you do not get your running game Coordinator from BYU!!!

dio likes this.
  7. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Welcome - get me a beer and a sandwich!

8. LilBunky

LilBunky Guest

A "guy" who use a cat as his photo icon can make his own sandwich (petit fours anyone?) and ain't drinkin' beer anyway!

9. The Guest

The Guest Guest

On the other hand, I suspect a dude who's named after the Greek God of wine and fertility throws back the occassional brew.

And don't let the cat fool you. It'll rip your ****ing face off!