What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the Attendance: Colorado State

I have a hard time believing that. Any time they accidentally showed a non student section shot it looked about 50% empty.
CU and CSU both report attendance based on tickets sold, not turnstile count. NCAA allows schools to define and report "official attendance" in just about any manner the schools prefer.

Sheep fans pretty discouraged, Last night was not a fun time for them, didn't even leave them room for the typical excuses for the loss like blaming the refs or a bad break. Going to be a while before we see many CSU shirts being worn in public.

Think it's going to have an impact on next years attendance, maybe 5,000 or more less CSU fans at the game.
So, you are predicting 64,850 for next year. Got it.

CU has to be counting season ticket holders that trade in their tickets AND the re-purchase of said seats by other folks for the number to be that high. The stadium did not look anywhere close to 90% capacity.

CU has to be counting season ticket holders that trade in their tickets AND the re-purchase of said seats by other folks for the number to be that high. The stadium did not look anywhere close to 90% capacity.
Last year they said that 6,000 season ticket holders opted out and that wasn't included in the total number of tickets sold.

CU and CSU both report attendance based on tickets sold, not turnstile count. NCAA allows schools to define and report "official attendance" in just about any manner the schools prefer.

Ok. That makes more sense. Was really about 45,000 then? I was in the mountains so can't really tell. But does that seem more accurate?

Problem was "Peak Attendance" was very short lived. I imagine some folks in the lots never made it inside the stadium.

Problem was "Peak Attendance" was very short lived. I imagine some folks in the lots never made it inside the stadium.
CSU fan:
grandpa-simpson.gif

Whatever. It was a really good, raucous Buff crowd. We dominated on the field AND in the stands. Our team was better. Our fans were better. Our mascot was better. Our band was better. Our cheerleaders were better. And our radio broadcast was better.

Back