What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the Attendance: Idaho State

One variable that may inflate attendance in general this year that I may be neglecting is that I'm pretty sure they count every student sports pass holder as "present" for every game. That would be the only way that games like Nicholls and USC could have comparable paid attendances. The number of sports pass holders is up substantially this year over the last few years. We'll have to see if/how that impacts the numbers.

Edit: Posted before seeing anyone's prediction. After looking, we are all on the same page.

wonder if that includes all the free tix they gave away to basketball season ticket holders? It has to.

I was planning to go to this game with my girls. I have been carefully selecting a game a season for them that I knew wouldn't be a blowout loss as I don't want their Buff impressions to be negative at these ages (Currently 9 and 12).

I took them to the Nichols St game last year. In the 3rd quarter, my then 8 yo turned to me and said "Daddy, the Buffs look pretty good, but it seems like that other team is just really bad." The dead crowd due to the easy win and half filled stadium didn't make for much excitement.

When I told them I was taking them this weekend, they were initially excited. Then the younger one asked if CU was going to beat the team as badly as last year's game. Plans changed, now bringing them to OSU...

I was planning to go to this game with my girls. I have been carefully selecting a game a season for them that I knew wouldn't be a blowout loss as I don't want their Buff impressions to be negative at these ages (Currently 9 and 12).

I took them to the Nichols St game last year. In the 3rd quarter, my then 8 yo turned to me and said "Daddy, the Buffs look pretty good, but it seems like that other team is just really bad." The dead crowd due to the easy win and half filled stadium didn't make for much excitement.

When I told them I was taking them this weekend, they were initially excited. Then the younger one asked if CU was going to beat the team as badly as last year's game. Plans changed, now bringing them to OSU...

Will likely be a better football atmosphere, but the outcome could be similar. OSU is bad.

Does anyone know if this includes the free tickets they have been giving out? I mean I got 2 free tickets for being a volleyball season ticket holder and 4 tickets for being a mbb season ticket holder. That is 6 free tickets just for me so I wonder if they count these towards "sales"

Does anyone know if this includes the free tickets they have been giving out? I mean I got 2 free tickets for being a volleyball season ticket holder and 4 tickets for being a mbb season ticket holder. That is 6 free tickets just for me so I wonder if they count these towards "sales"

If you accepted them and actually "bought" them, then it probably does.

If you accepted them and actually "bought" them, then it probably does.
Makes sense, well the volleyball ones were sent without me requesting them, they just arrived in the mail. The 4 from the MBB account were offered and i ordered them for $0.00 so I guess the 2 from volleyball don't count and the 4 from mbb may have counted. Not sure though.

I got 4 freebies as well and am using them all this weekend. We will have 8 total going to the game. Interest is up (at least when it is free!) and I had no problem getting folks to go.

Ugh. I really messed up by neglecting to think about how the higher number of student season tickets would affect things. Guess it's a good thing to be wrong about.

Back