What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the Attendance: Oregon State

Still a whole bunch of tickets available on CUBuffs.com. I think the AD may have screwed itself with their price points on this one. They could have really capitalized on casual fan interest, a winnable game, and family weekend to get this thing sold out this weekend.

Still a whole bunch of tickets available on CUBuffs.com. I think the AD may have screwed itself with their price points on this one. They could have really capitalized on casual fan interest, a winnable game, and family weekend to get this thing sold out this weekend.

I was at the ticket office yesterday. They basically have nothing left in the cheaper areas if someone wants 2 seats together. Stadium should be packed on Saturday. But, yeah, where they are struggling is with the higher priced sections.

Of course, "high" prices is a relative thing. 50 yard line in the lower bowl still has a lower base price than a nose bleed seat at a Broncos game.

I was at the ticket office yesterday. They basically have nothing left in the cheaper areas if someone wants 2 seats together. Stadium should be packed on Saturday. But, yeah, where they are struggling is with the higher priced sections.

Of course, "high" prices is a relative thing. 50 yard line in the lower bowl still has a lower base price than a nose bleed seat at a Broncos game.

They drop the prices on the "expensive" seats by $20 and I bet they sell 75% of the remaining seats.

Good thing is a lot of those could be last second impulse buys from people who NEED to get tickets. Ultimately I wish the AD would find a way to get those tickets to some local groups though.

Good thing is a lot of those could be last second impulse buys from people who NEED to get tickets. Ultimately I wish the AD would find a way to get those tickets to some local groups though.
Really need to have those out to the radio stations, pushing tickets as prizes.

They drop the prices on the "expensive" seats by $20 and I bet they sell 75% of the remaining seats.

Maybe. But you're getting into Bohn territory of slashing prices to inflate attendance. Bad business. RG wants to fill the stadium by delivering value via a great team & amenities rather than with it being cheap.

And there are some crazy good deals. My son is in Chip's Kids Club with the $45 V.I.B. membership. For that, he's got a ticket to every football game, 4 MBB games, and every single WBB, Soccer, VB game. It also allowed my wife to get a season ticket for football for $99. With that, they get admission into the IPF pregame with all the games & whatnot for kids.

What I'm getting at is that the biggest complaint I see is how expensive it is for a family to go to games. It really isn't. Family of 4 that has kids in the 8th grade or younger can be at every home game for $300 a season. That works out to $50 a game. That's barely more expensive than the same family going to 6 movies together. This is just one example.

Anyway, I reject the notion that tickets are too expensive. They're just in the beginning stages of making the ticket prices totally worth it.

Maybe. But you're getting into Bohn territory of slashing prices to inflate attendance. Bad business. RG wants to fill the stadium by delivering value via a great team & amenities rather than with it being cheap.

And there are some crazy good deals. My son is in Chip's Kids Club with the $45 V.I.B. membership. For that, he's got a ticket to every football game, 4 MBB games, and every single WBB, Soccer, VB game. It also allowed my wife to get a season ticket for football for $99. With that, they get admission into the IPF pregame with all the games & whatnot for kids.

What I'm getting at is that the biggest complaint I see is how expensive it is for a family to go to games. It really isn't. Family of 4 that has kids in the 8th grade or younger can be at every home game for $300 a season. That works out to $50 a game. That's barely more expensive than the same family going to 6 movies together. This is just one example.

Anyway, I reject the notion that tickets are too expensive. They're just in the beginning stages of making the ticket prices totally worth it.
I agree partially. I think it is a good value, and I know that die hards will pay those prices because they know this team and they know where the program has been and what this success can mean for the program. The casual fans won't though. They will see $75-$130 tickets for a team they have little to not attachment to. I think this game was a unique opportunity to get those casual fans into the stadium, show them what a game at Folsom is like and hopefully build a new base of returning patrons. Combine that with Family Weekend and the big recruiting weekend, and it could have been an electric atmosphere.

It will all come with time, I am just impatient I guess.

This is a great point, once the team is consistently winning and amenities continue to improve people will think they are a bargain...

I'm glad the last minute buyers are getting gouged. They should be! This will increase season ticket sales.

#Iwasonthebandwagonin2012

Here is the current Map. Some sections have gone gray which is a good sign, even some of the 500 sections which is really good news.
upload_2016-9-28_9-38-46.png

I've been mad about how expensive the tickets are for a while, but I've kind of given up at this point.

According to howell we are currently sitting at 42,022 tickets sold. 3rd highest total of the MacIntyre era.

****! I prolly won't be able to stretch my legs out! I usually put my feet on the bleacher in front of me and set my **** on the bleacher spot next to me. Are you telling we I'll have to give up my foot rest and storage space? :mad:

****! I prolly won't be able to stretch my legs out! I usually put my feet on the bleacher in front of me and set my **** on the bleacher spot next to me. Are you telling we I'll have to give up my foot rest and storage space? :mad:

I'm more concerned about the safety of your coin purse.

I did the same deal, it's hard to beat. The section we're in isn't the best, but sometimes we gotta bolt by the end of the 3rd quarter anyway. My boys loved the IPF; we'll be heading back there earlier this Saturday.

Back