What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the Attendance: UCLA

StormTrooper

Things Have Changed
Club Member
The Buffs are 6-2 (4-1), and they'll be playing their first home game as a Top 25 team since 2005. UCLA has been very disappointing this season and will enter the game at 3-5 (1-4).

The game is on a Thursday night at 7pm in early November. Weather conditions are anybody's guess.

A reminder that Folsom's capacity is 50,183. Guesses over 51,500 will be discarded until I see proof that the stadium can hold that many in its new configuration.

Guess away. I'm not going first this time.

Thursday night is Party Night in Boulder. There will be a big crowd. Not a sellout, but a big rowdy crowd, including people who haven't been there for awhile. I look at this game resulting comparably to the ASU one.

Sold out.

I have a connection with someone in the Alumni Association who can get me Tix. I asked her if she had anything for UCLA. She went and checked, and then told me that they literally have no tickets to give out. They are expecting the whole place to be sold.

Sold out.

I have a connection with someone in the Alumni Association who can get me Tix. I asked her if she had anything for UCLA. She went and checked, and then told me that they literally have no tickets to give out. They are expecting the whole place to be sold.
Then my post above was wrong. Glad to be wrong. That fan base was (is) starved for just some success.

You could be right, but all I have are my anecdotal experiences. I've had 3 friends call me out of the blue who want to go to that game.

Folsom is going to be insane.

You could be right, but all I have are my anecdotal experiences. I've had 3 friends call me out of the blue who want to go to that game.

Folsom is going to be insane.
It's going to be a great atmosphere and a great student section, but I think a lot of people (especially families) are going to save their money for one of the last two games against a better opponent on a Saturday.

Yeah, this is what I'm basing my theory that it won't be sold out on. I won't post it here because I don't want to confuse people, but the map for the ASU game I have from 12 days beforehand had 205-211 all gone, and 110, 215 and 103 as "low availability".
There's a longer time frame in which they can sel tickets and they are promoting the hell out of it right now. I think it will eventually be considered a sel out

There's a longer time frame in which they can sel tickets and they are promoting the hell out of it right now. I think it will eventually be considered a sel out
I'm comparing the map above from today, which is 11 days before the game, to a map I took a screenshot of 12 days before the ASU game. They have less time to sell more tickets.

I'm comparing the map above from today, which is 11 days before the game, to a map I took a screenshot of 12 days before the ASU game. They have less time to sell more tickets.
Completely different situations, too. Coming off a loss and holding a 4-2 record. They're now coming off a win that clinched bowl eligibility. I think that matters.

This is a very unusual Thursday night game, which will be a thing amongst the students, on a party night. There is also a late starting time and a 10 day promotion window to give the general populace a chance to make plans to leave work early, etc., in order to attend. I say not a sellout, but near so, and a great time to be had for all, because the Buffs will finally beat the Bruins after all this time. (Disclaimer: The Bruins have a bye week as well, and I suspect that they will travel to the Front Range a day or two early to get elevation-acclimated.)

(Disclaimer: The Bruins have of a bye week as well, and I suspect that they will travel to the Front Range a day or two early to get elevation-acclimated.)
Given that the science generally says that you'll perform better if you arrive within either 24 hours of competition or 2-6 weeks before, but that 2-3 days before is the worst possible plan, I really hope they take your approach.

Basically, other than getting winded a little quicker*, most of the body's reactions to altitude take about 24 hours to really kick in, and then they slowly get better over a 2 to 6 week span (with most of the gains occurring in the first two weeks). But when those reactions first kick in, they really make your ass drag in days 2-3.

*Excepting high altitude pulmonary edema (aka acute high altitude sickness) - which is something entirely different than what we're discussing here.

This is somewhat unrelated, but I don't want to start a standalone thread on it so here goes:
We desperately need meaningful games at Folsom Field in order to change the attitude of our younger fans. It may have been an isolated set of incidents, but at the Stanford game two different sets of 5 - 7 young alumns that were near us left at the end of the third quarter in order to "beat traffic." Also, the CU section was almost completely empty at kickoff and didn't fill up until well into the first quarter and really not even until the 2nd quarter. Once it filled it was loud and rambunctious. It's understandable that to many of the young alumns the game has kind of become a secondary part of the experience, but that really needs to change. Nothing will do that like a rocking Folsom Field as the buffs win meaningful games at home.

Ok, now that that is out of the way, I say it's just shy of a sell out. 49876.

Back