What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the Attendance: Xavier

StormTrooper

Things Have Changed
Club Member
After the CSU debacle, I don't think there's any way this game sells out. Also, Xavier being #13 instead of #7 makes it slightly less attractive. No idea if we'll get as strong a student turnout as we did last Wednesday either.

7,969. I could see it dip below this number.

Snow. Cold as ****. Football hangover. CSU game. These will all hold student attendance down.

GrandTad will not be happy.

7,969. I could see it dip below this number.

Snow. Cold as ****. Football hangover. CSU game. These will all hold student attendance down.

GrandTad will not be happy.
The fact that they're running a claim process for this game like they did for CSU won't help either. I'd mention how cold it was when CU played KU three years ago, but circumstances have changed.

The fact that they're running a claim process for this game like they did for CSU won't help either. I'd mention how cold it was when CU played KU three years ago, but circumstances have changed.
Hell, at least the claim process reminds them it's a big game through all those extra emails

Home court advantage not built on fan base that may or may not show due to various reasons.

Too cold
Not happy with team effort
Football Hangover
Right before football bowl game
Too late
Too early

It is always something.

I tell everyone who listens that CU hoops is the best entertainment value to be had in Boulder.

These teams are similar. Summer/White both 6'5 combo guards playing PG
Macura/Fortune 6'5 shooters who rebound and defend.
Blueitt/King 6'6 shooters of the three ball.

Should be interesting to see how it plays out. XJ could be the X-Factor.

These teams are similar. Summer/White both 6'5 combo guards playing PG
Macura/Fortune 6'5 shooters who rebound and defend.
Blueitt/King 6'6 shooters of the three ball.

Should be interesting to see how it plays out. XJ could be the X-Factor.

they better step it up about 3 notches tonite or the musketeers will make short work of us

I would guess about 5800 tonight and a few of them will be popsicles. Speaking of attendance, if anyone would like two free tickets in section 20 row 16, then PM me. You can pick them up in Broomfield anytime after 5PM.

I would guess about 5800 tonight and a few of them will be popsicles. Speaking of attendance, if anyone would like two free tickets in section 20 row 16, then PM me. You can pick them up in Broomfield anytime after 5PM.
PM sent

I think we can expect a seriously down year for attendance at this point. I don't like this trend.

I think we can expect a seriously down year for attendance at this point. I don't like this trend.

Students don't even have to brave the traffic (mostly). Though after the last performance I guess they don't really feel like there's a product out there for them to cheer for...I was still holding on hope that a strong football season would create some passion in the entire fan base, but guess not. Guess I'll have to yell twice as loud and piss off the randos around me.

Weather is going to suppress attendance - would have guessed 7500 now guessing 5800.

Students don't even have to brave the traffic (mostly). Though after the last performance I guess they don't really feel like there's a product out there for them to cheer for...I was still holding on hope that a strong football season would create some passion in the entire fan base, but guess not. Guess I'll have to yell twice as loud and piss off the randos around me.
If they can somehow beat UCLA, which is right before students get back from break, they can get them back on board. Otherwise...

I should bump my post about free tickets. Would love to see them get used by some Buffs fan. Section 20, row 16.

Attendance will stink tonight, and I unfortunately can't help. I was so excited for this game when announced, very bummed I won't be able to make it.

I'll say 7150 paid, but more likely about 5100 actually in attendance.

Students didn't show up. Hopefully missing out on this will get them back on board. Other than that, more people actually made it to the game than I was expecting, but the low student turnout made it a low number. Crowd was very subdued for the first 25 minutes, but then they finally woke up and started to resemble what I'm used to.

Students didn't show up. Hopefully missing out on this will get them back on board. Other than that, more people actually made it to the game than I was expecting, but the low student turnout made it a low number. Crowd was very subdued for the first 25 minutes, but then they finally woke up and started to resemble what I'm used to.
I agree, crowd was in sleep mode until we started hitting shots. Hope we get back to being loud and obnoxious and mean to refs etc. I know we lost an awful game to CSU, but the students were disappointing. Why do they all sit down now? Half the fun of the game is yelling "**** um up" as loud as you can (or it was when I wasn't 35), and now mostly kids just chill. Hell, most weren't even on their phones!

/old person back in my day rant.

More importantly, what, if anything, were the Argus peeps saying to you kids as the game wound down? Looked like Rick George told them they were going to pay the fee if the students rushed the court. They were not going to let it happen.:ROFLMAO:

I agree, crowd was in sleep mode until we started hitting shots. Hope we get back to being loud and obnoxious and mean to refs etc. I know we lost an awful game to CSU, but the students were disappointing. Why do they all sit down now? Half the fun of the game is yelling "**** um up" as loud as you can (or it was when I wasn't 35), and now mostly kids just chill. Hell, most weren't even on their phones!

/old person back in my day rant.

More importantly, what, if anything, were the Argus peeps saying to you kids as the game wound down? Looked like Rick George told them they were going to pay the fee if the students rushed the court. They were not going to let it happen.:ROFLMAO:
The Argus people didn't initiate any conversations with me. I just told them that I didn't want to rush the court against #13 either. I think if it was a bigger student section it might have gotten weird, but with that few people no one really tried.

Back