What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the next commit - June 22nd edition (Heston Paige)

I believed it would be Fa'avae before Miller.

Still think Fa'avae commits today.

I think this is the Chev tweet we've been seeing before we hear about a new commit (posted about 5 minutes ago):

Need some big eaters now.

Rogers comes to mind.

A couple 4 star road graders would be nice as well.

Can't help but think on how much the new facilities are helping with these recruits.
I am sure it is but the changes made to the staff have a lot to do with it IMO, just need to get an OL coach in here that can recruit ASAP so we can get some of the big boys to commit as well..

61171328.jpg

In what is nominally a one year process to get 25 commitments, we have had two within the last two days and five in the last eight days. I'd say it's anything but quiet.

Adams is not a problem as a recruiter, guys.

Right now, I'd rank our recruiters as follows within 3 tiers. I think there's argument how we'd rank within those tiers, but I don't think there is much room for argument on which tier each guy falls into. (I also think Drew Wilson is pretty good as a S&C Coach, which should pay dividends with these groups like Six Zero that are growing in importance. If you look at our recruiting, a lot of guys who are high on CU are tied by their training facility rather than their high school.)

1. Chev
2. Tumpkin
3. Leavitt
4. Adams
5. Clark
6. Hagan
7. Jeffcoat
8. Bernardi
9. Lindgren

If the upcoming season is successful and we see continuity with MacIntyre, it's that third tier who are most at risk for being replaced. Of course, with a successful season that also opens it up for just about any of these guys to get poached by another program, too. (I'd also point out that Jeffcoat is having a pretty good recruiting year in terms of who he has interested, Lindgren was able to secure a commit from Lytle, and Bernardi seems to have a lot cooking in Arizona... so our third tier isn't exactly bad right now.)

Last edited:
Adams is not a problem as a recruiter, guys.

Right now, I'd rank our recruiters as follows within 3 tiers. I think there's argument how we'd rank within those tiers, but I don't think there is much room for argument on which tier each guy falls into. (I also think Drew Wilson is pretty good as a S&C Coach, which should pay dividends with these groups like Six Zero that are growing in importance. If you look at our recruiting, a lot of guys who are high on CU are tied by their training facility rather than their high school.)

1. Chev
2. Tumpkin
3. Leavitt
4. Adams
5. Clark
6. Hagan
7. Jeffcoat
8. Bernardi
9. Lindgren

If the upcoming season is successful and we see continuity with MacIntyre, it's that third tier who are most at risk for being replaced. Of course, with a successful season that also opens it up for just about any of these guys to get poached by another program, too.
This is spot on and my exact thoughts. It is disappointing when your OC/QB coach can't relate to players and get players excited. Adams relates well with the players and I think OL is his place. He was not the right guy for RBs. Hagan is big having with RBs!

Back