What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the next commit - Memorial Day Edition (Fontenot)

I we can only get one prep QB, who would you prefer? I love them both and I'm torn. Like almost all of you, I've never seen these guys in person. I'm basing my opinions off highlight reels. It's hard to make a true evaluation when you're only seeing the best plays over a season.

Martell is obviously rated higher by the services. He seems to be incredibly accurate whether in the pocket or on the move. He's very athletic and would be able to make big plays on his own when the protection breaks down whether it's finding the open guy or taking off for a big gain. The only negative is his height, but other guys his size have been able to excel at the college level and a few like Doug Flutie have even done it in the pros. Anyway, we're Buffs fans so who really cares how his height translates to the NFL draft?

Lytle has prototypical size, a strong arm and very good athleticism for a guy his size. He doesn't seem to have the quickness to make special plays with his feet, but he can move around quite well and pick up 5 or 10 yards when necessary. And when he puts on another 20 pounds in the weight room he'll be able the drag guys for extra yards or sneak up the middle for TDs. I can't really come up with any negatives.

If I had to choose just one it would be Martell just because he'd probably bring some of his highly rated teammates along with him and get a real pipeline going to Gorman, but I'd take either in a heartbeat and be very happy.

Edit: If we got both I'd probably die of happiness. Literally. But I'll sacrifice myself for the cause.

Last edited:
Not even a question here. Martell would be the obvious choice.

But the situation is quite a bit more complicated.

Hope it is Lytle, we need some stability at the position. Idk if he'll play right away but he'll have a chance to. We need to get Montez some snaps this year. I mean meaningful snaps too.

bitchpelase-1.gif

Back