1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haley Showalter

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by SuperiorBuff, Apr 8, 2014.

1. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

2. SuperiorBuff

Haley is a Badger. Congrats Wisconsin, you just signed a true winner. Very bummed that CU didn't make a bigger press.

3. TDbuff

TDbuff Club Member Club Member

Curious if CU just didn't have room for her with the limited track & cross country scholarships. Doesn't make sense otherwise.

4. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

That's my guess, but purely a guess.

5. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought I saw that T&F scholarships and XC scholarships are combined into one pool. CU places a heavy emphasis on XC as we should since that is what brings us national recognition but T&F may suffer because of it.

According to this info from the linked site for women we get a combined 18 for women.

Track & Field - NCAA limits include Cross Country1812.6-12 20

http://www.scholarshipstats.com/ncaalimits.html

I would still think that a local girl who could potentially bring us individual national championships would at least be worth talking to.

6. TDbuff

TDbuff Club Member Club Member

Yeah, I'm completely out of my element on this, but I wasn't even aware that the scholarships were an issue till someone posted about it in the Pac 12 XC thread. I would imagine that really complicates things for a track team where you have such specific events, and what's an awesome thrower worth vs. an awesome long distance runner; what if you already have 2 throwers on scholarship? I dunno, seems like it could get complicated.

7. SuperiorBuff

They talked with her. I believe the problem was the partial offer. She received several full ride offers, I don't think CU was one of them.