What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Halftime: CU 39 - IU 33

A big win for the team psyche. Especially w/o Burks for most of the 2nd half, and some of your more reliable ball handlers making some big mistakes against a somewhat tight press. Knutson and Relphorde stepped up and of course Higgins came through just when the team needed him most. Boyle was also pushed to the limit and it all came through for them.

CU likely finishes 11-4 non-conference. I had em picked 12-3, beating SF & Harvard and losing to GA/UNM/& either UNI or IU. I'll take it.

As for conference play ...
I predict a 6-10 conference finish with 5 home wins and 1 win on the road, although there are 4 winnable road games in conference, on their schedule.

17-14 would get them into the NIT.

It's a shame though. This team could be 3 to 4 games better -again- if they just had an impact player or two in the low post. Damn!

CU likely finishes 11-4 non-conference. I had em picked 12-3, beating SF & Harvard and losing to GA/UNM/& either UNI or IU. I'll take it.

As for conference play ...
I predict a 6-10 conference finish with 5 home wins and 1 win on the road, although there are 4 winnable road games in conference, on their schedule.

17-14 would get them into the NIT.

It's a shame though. This team could be 3 to 4 games better -again- if they just had an impact player or two in the low post. Damn!

It's pain of system switching. I firmly believe if they play SF or Harvard now, they can easily get at least 1 win, and possibly 2 wins

Let's not fall into a bad trap as fans. We got over-excited about this year and are acting disappointed. Last year, we were 9-5 heading into conference play and finished 15-16. That was great progression over the previous season. If we have a winning season and go to the NIT, that's taking the next step in the progression of the program. I hope for more, but I'll be happy with an NIT appearance.

Let's not fall into a bad trap as fans. We got over-excited about this year and are acting disappointed. Last year, we were 9-5 heading into conference play and finished 15-16. That was great progression over the previous season. If we have a winning season and go to the NIT, that's taking the next step in the progression of the program. I hope for more, but I'll be happy with an NIT appearance.

Agreed....Boyle needs to get some bigs in that are comparable to Roberson (just bigger) and then this team could really become a constant winner...I like the direction the program is taking and wish people would stop bagging on Boyle so much....he is doing a good job but he is completely changing the playing style of this team and that takes time.

solid point sir. we get to 11 wins before conference and things are going well..

I was getting pretty negative. Years of getting one's hopes up only to have them dashed will do that to you. I wasn't disheartened because we lost to NM. I was disheartened in how we looked. Same goes for the Harvard game. So, while I was initially excited about the Boyle hire, I was beginning to have doubts. But like Nik stated above, I should temper anything that happens on the court with the understanding that we have a new coach with a new system. Beating a 9-3 Indiana team is definitely a bright spot.

i think Crean will get IU back in the top 3-4 of the Big Ten....Kelvin Sampson burned them pretty bad.

good win for us. can't complain too much. losses at Harvard and SF were disappointing....but, win the next 3 and we've got a shot in conference. still need to keep improving. KSU and MU are for real, legit Sweet 16 or better type clubs. KU is KU, South is down some....i think we are looking at the NIT as a reasonable goal....and .500 in conference play.

Harris-Tunks injury is really big, I think. even service-able post play and this is a whole diff team. I'd like to think. 5 fouls in the paint and 8 ppg and 8 boards a game, even.

Last edited:
I was getting pretty negative. Years of getting one's hopes up only to have them dashed will do that to you. I wasn't disheartened because we lost to NM. I was disheartened in how we looked. Same goes for the Harvard game. So, while I was initially excited about the Boyle hire, I was beginning to have doubts. But like Nik stated above, I should temper anything that happens on the court with the understanding that we have a new coach with a new system. Beating a 9-3 Indiana team is definitely a bright spot.

They got off to a slow start against UNM, other than that they didn't play all that bad. UNM was bigger/stronger/faster, and was just the better team. Yet the buffs did hang in there and were in striking distance until the last few minutes.

Back