1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hanging 70+ Points

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by InTheBuff, Oct 25, 2012.

1. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

If Oregon hangs over 70 points on Colorado Saturday will this be enough to convince those in charge to fire the football staff at the end of the season ?

2. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

Nope.

I'm convinced the only way Embree is gone before next year is if photos show up with him and Craig James in a room full of dead hookers.

3. Fight CU

Fight CU Club Member Club Member

allegedly

4. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

No, remember what Mac said. To build a tall building you need to dig a deeeeep pit. This we be comfirmation that we're on the right track.

leftybuff likes this.
  5. Walter White

Walter White Member

Oregon won't break 70, but not because they can't.

Final score will be somewhere in the 60s to 13

6. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

:lol:.......:cry:

7. EddieCrowder

EddieCrowder Club Member Club Member

70, no way, why embarrass the patsy, you want him to stick around for years to come

8. Dunken

Dunken Member

That's because Oregon wants us to keep this staff around.........

9. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

If Oregon breaks 80, I'm not sure I'll have anything to say the rest of the season. The most we've given up in a game was 82, to Oklahoma in 1980. That number is in play this weekend.

10. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

If they're even watching the game, but probably not.

11. alh3939

alh3939 New Member

Oregon has only scored 70+ once under Chip Kelly. They beat New Mexico 72-0 in 2010. A couple 69 Oregon team totals in there though.

12. jpbuff

jpbuff Active Member

I think if Washington were to score 70 on us at home, we would stand a better chance of things changing. Most have already resigned to the fact we are going to get rolled this weekend. It's the lesser teams rolling us that I think have a bigger impact on changes being made.

13. DenverBuff77

DenverBuff77 Member

The fact that we're hiring recruiting assistants and Bohn just gave Embree another vote of confidence, I would say that we could get 100 scored on us an there will be no changes this year. Starting to look like Ringo is right...what a joke.

14. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

I'll go with Denv's logic above.

InThe, I'm really wondering, "If they DON'T score 70, would I be more accepting?" No. I simply don't believe this staff can do it. If it's a 24-21 score, that still wouldn't change what I've seen all season long - I want to see as many games played with skill improvements as I've seen DEprovements. We're facing the second half of the season and I don't think I'm seeing a better skill-set now as I saw last season.

But there are still plenty of easy wins in front of us.

Just don't ask me "Who's going to have the easy win", OK?

15. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Historically the vote of confidence has actually been a bad thing. We always see the vote of confidence just before the axe falls.

16. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

maybe quacks overlook the Buffs and we shock the world !! jk

17. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

UO might need to bolster poll-publicity with a 70-point score. It'd be flashy - Geno Davis did it a couple of weeks and now he's fallen into the volcano because he didn't keep it up.

If UO perceives this is the one chance for a big score, something to give them weeks of nation-wide publicity, well... they really haven't stirred up the BCS rankings yet, and they're not going to get another chance like this. They had a 63-14 game over Tenn Tech and no voter will give them any kudos for THAT. UO's only got USC, Stanford and Oregon State as "Good Win" possibilities ahead of them, but they won't get blow-outs. Cal is their remaining other game, and they might get a 40-20 win.

This is it, for their chances at a big-score, "full of highlights" game.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  18. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

For the 100th time, Oregon does not have to run up the score against a bad Colorado team to move up. It proves nothing and if they win out, they will pass KSjU. Putting 70 or 80 up on us proves jack **** to the pollsters.

19. Walter White

Walter White Member

I think there is a sweet spot in terms of perception when it comes to blow outs, and I think the top end is around 63 points (9 touchdowns) these days for the winning team's score total. If you hang 70 or 80 points on someone, like Okie State did earlier this year, I think it actually backfires on you. You start to move from a show of dominance and skill to not actually getting any credit at all because your opponent was a joke; the game was a joke, not legit, thus you don't get credit. That's just my take.

20. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

I dunno, I would be ****ing ecstatic.