1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hansen is the starter!!! (according to McKnight)

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buff_since76, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Buff_since76

Buff_since76 Still a fan... Club Member

2. Del

Del Member

I hope he's right but I won't believe it until he trots out on the field agaist CSU.

3. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

We have known this for some time. I will believe it when I see it as well.

I sure hope Scotty is correct though!

4. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Scotty was being interviewed on one of the stations last night (might have been the new "ticket") and said something to the effect of "Tyler will have a lot more weapons at his disposal this year" and "Tyler's been looking really good in the summer". No mention at all of Cody.

Take it for what it's worth.

5. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

If TH is definitely the starter, then why the smokescreen? Would anybody actually have to prepare a second game plan for defending CH? If so, I have it for them. Put your arms in the air.

6. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

And wave em like you just don't care?

UrbanaBuff and bombay like this.
  7. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I hope that is the way it goes. Not because I am rooting for anything but Buff wins. I think TH is the best option after watching him last year. He is still rough around the edges and will make some mistakes CH probably woudn't, but he will also make some plays CH never will. Give him the reins and at least as long a leash as CH got, and CU will have something to work with under center.

8. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Was that a dwarf?!?!

9. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

I don't know, compared to Tyler, Cody is a little thing. He shares the same lunchpail with coach Hawk. If Cody started, it woudn't be his first rodeo. The administration and fans had burned the place to the ground before Cody showed up, so we can't rely on them for this decision. He is really close to having a 33% winning percentage - if he just ciches it up and gives it his max effort, he can pound the concrete for an awesome season. Since the competition is such a razor hair, if one gets dinged up, the other qb will definitely be chompin at the bit. Codys so fast that you guys are gonna see some gashers, it's gonna pop for some touchdowns this year. It's the kind of deal where your family matters, gotta get those hawkins horns out, but you have some really good guys...

BINGO

10. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

:congrats:

no risks?

11. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Why is it "cool" to put Cody down? Just curious.

12. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

It's not. It's acting like a scum bag.

13. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

:yeahthat:

14. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Guys leave the players alone please! Show some class!

15. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

only one mention of cody said in this thread could be taken as offensive, the dwarf comment was about the interviewer...

16. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

I simply think that Dan's bag of tricks includes making your initial opponent have to prepare for two QBs instead of one... one of his better ploys actually...

17. LABuffalo

LABuffalo Member

Alright! Turns out that all this time Squawk has been the only one that's been delusional.

18. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Or to mess with internet scum, and laugh at the ensuing meltdown, which is even a better ploy in my opinion.

19. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

Why wouldnt he want to f with us? I mean, we dont stick our neck's out for anything.

20. rodrigo

rodrigo Well-Known Member

Which means... it wasn't offensive? Seriously? Are you in junior high?

21. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

no, only junior high kids would be offended at what was said in this thread. lighten up.

22. BuffMania

BuffMania Banned BANNED

A lot of sensitive people around here....

23. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players. Stop putting down the players.

Did I mention, stop trashing the players?

AlferdJasper likes this.
  24. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

All our players suck...wait, what did you say?

25. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

I wasn't attempting to put down the players, I was attempting to fill out every square on my bingo card in one post... I hope we are successful with whoever is playing, however I'm definitely have a strong opinion regarding who should be the starter at the beginning of the year.

It is kind of funny how upset people get when I talk like the HC, yet when he spouts off these notecard phrases it's just seen as his way of doing things - he has good intentions, that's all that matters...

26. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

He is in charge because these are player-run practices. When coaches are making decisions, it could go either way. But the players accept Hansen as quarterback, and accept Cody as one of the team leaders. It's important to note that both buys have handled themselves with class under trying times.

27. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

So, what's your point?

28. rodrigo

rodrigo Well-Known Member

Making fun of Ubben because he has some sort of physical handicap is, in my view, pretty pathetic, Bob. But go ahead if you think it's clever or cute.

29. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Is being a dwarf a physical handicap? Some people would consider that allsome!

30. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i'm not in favor of making fun of Ubben, seems pointless and a bit low. i think he's done a pretty good job, as well. much better than Tim For Texas who had the job before.

as far as Hanson leading, i don't know what they do in the PM (if anything outside lift, since it's not on the practice fields)....but the AM stuff is just running and agility stuff which is a bit casually performed in my view. I don't see how TH could be "leading" this stuff to the extent that it would be the same as taking snaps with the "1"s. we'll see. sounds good so far, but show me.

as i've mentioned before, at any time during the AM workouts, about 70% of the team is standing around. i've seen mention of 7-7's but i don't where they do it since it's not on the practice fields (in Folsom, maybe?).

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010