What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hansen named starter!!!

Nice to see some potential threats returning punts...would be nice to get some production from that part of our special teams for once
I agree, seems like when we were good, we've always had good special team units. Punt returners like Chirs Hudson, Dave McCloughan(sp?), Ben Kelley, Bloom, etc.. didnt hurt. We have always had good kickers too, wtf happened with that?

Meh, this just doesn't excite me too much. Seems like a position of weakness for us no matter who plays.

:huh:

I award you, "cheerful outlook of the day.":thumbsup:

a%20cheerful%20friend.gif

I agree, seems like when we were good, we've always had good special team units. Punt returners like Chirs Hudson, Dave McCloughan(sp?), Ben Kelley, Bloom, etc.. didnt hurt. We have always had good kickers too, wtf happened with that?

Don't forget Soupy Campbell, who I think should be first on that list.

Meh, this just doesn't excite me too much. Seems like a position of weakness for us no matter who plays.

From what I saw in the scrimmage, Hansen is ready. He is light years better than he was last year at this time. Last year he looked pretty terrible. In the scrimmage he exuded confidence, poise, and general bad assedness.

We all should be very thankful he is starting. He could break records this year if the oline holds.

Nobody that I see here is acting like Hansen is going to make people forget Sam Bradford or Colt McCoy. At the same time if you don't have a QB that can go out and win you games you at least want a QB that doesn't go out and lose you games.

One way that a QB loses you games is through mistakes, bad reads, INTs, fumbles, failure to adjust the team to changes in the defense, etc. At this point I don't think there is a great difference between TH and CH in this regard and CH may actually have a slight edge in this regard (huge edge in practice but he hasn't been that great under pressure.) The other way that a QB loses you games is by allowing the defense to dictate what you can and cannot do. Cody due to his height and lack of vision, limited mobility, and innability to throw the mid to deep ball without having a clean pocket to step through his throw on allows defenses to dictate what the offense can do.

I think the big excitement about TH is that with his clearly superior physical skills we may see a more wide open offense with more playmakers getting the ball in positions where they can do something with it and defenses having much less ability to dictate the game.

There are a few noticable people missing on the chart: Darden isn't in a WR group, MTM isn't on the line anywhere, Iltis is now listed as backup LG, and Daniels is the backup C.

Looking at this depth chart vs last year: Espinoza was the #2 WR going into CSU and the #1 PR. Now he is third string slot and not listed as a PR anymore.

Awesome for Tyler and awesome that the coaches did this now. They even said he's not on a short leash, I'm not sure I can ask for much more except that they do what they say they will.

It's so nice seeing numerous playmaking WRs on the depth chart.

I take the RB depth chart to mean that no freshman RBs have really stepped up? Please don't get hurt Speedy.

Bummer for MTM, he must not be fully recovered yet.

DB depth is pretty scary. 2 true freshman as our main backups? Yikes.

Back