What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hansen? not good enough

It sure would help if they'd let him do straight drops instead of keeping the D on their toes with those 3rd and 28 play action dropbacks. Memo to the coaches: nobody bites on a play action when you have run the ball for negative yardage on the day.

He dropped straight back plenty of times. It didn't seem to matter. DL was on him like stink on **** as soon as he finished his drop.

Yeah I know, but one of the fumbles came after a guy came from his left when he was faking a handoff to his right, so it would be difficult to know that guy was coming. It really probably doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but everything the coaches do annoys me. I swear we're the only team in the country that tries to pull play action passes on 3rd and long.

I have a pretty hard time believing that Solder and Miller should both be getting beat the way they are. With good coaching these guys are supposed 1st round NFL draft pick type talents, they're going undrafted with the current coaching we have.

Hansen should have finished last year, so he was better prepared for this year. We might not have been in the same situation again this year.

You absolutely HAVE to have a guy with Hansen-Reisling type mobility with the lack of protection provided by this O-line. I think it's a little early in his career to establish if he can be a serviceable D1 qb, but it doesn't seem to me they are utilizing him to compliment his strengths. For example, why aren't there more qb designed run plays? I think they ran one yesterday.

2 weeks in a row, bad interceptions and fumbling snaps in his own end. by the way nate solder may be big and strong and fast. he can't block for ****.

The fumbles are a serious concern, but bad interceptions in his own end? He didn't throw any last week and only threw one this week and it was on the other end of the field. You might be getting him confused with #7?

To be fair, I don't know I have ever seen a OL get blown up as fast as the CU OL gets blown up. It is unreal. OL coach should be fired yesterday.

Yeah I know, but one of the fumbles came after a guy came from his left when he was faking a handoff to his right, so it would be difficult to know that guy was coming. It really probably doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but everything the coaches do annoys me. I swear we're the only team in the country that tries to pull play action passes on 3rd and long.

I have a pretty hard time believing that Solder and Miller should both be getting beat the way they are. With good coaching these guys are supposed 1st round NFL draft pick type talents, they're going undrafted with the current coaching we have.

im talking about when he backs off from the center to quick. he cost us any chance in kansas and it nailed the game shut yesterday. obviuosly we probably wouldn't have won either but he made it certain on two fumbles.

im talking about when he backs off from the center to quick. he cost us any chance in kansas and it nailed the game shut yesterday. obviuosly we probably wouldn't have won either but he made it certain on two fumbles.
What do you suggest then? Because those errors are correctable.

Sounds like you're putting a lot of the blame on Hansen for yesterdays performance. Nobody ever said he's going to play perfectly this year, in fact most said he'd have a lot of growing pains. The staff playing Cody instead of him the entire first half of the year is really hurting Hansen at this point. He could have used that seasoning.

What do you suggest then? Because those errors are correctable.

i said what i said yesterday after leaving a bar halfway through the second quarter down 26-0. i think hansesn is our best shot but he does need help. one play pissed me off, we were starting to get some momentum and he scrambled to the left, got away from the defender and through it 15 yards over the head of a wide open receiver. this team sucks so bad you can't evaluate a qb. ****, he may be a 1st round draft pick who knows

Yeah that play really sucked, not because of him missing the guy he threw it to, but because if you watch the replay there were 2 wide open receivers like 10 yards away towards the middle of the field. Hansen doesn't seem overly comfortable throwing on the run, most of his bad misses have come when he's rolling out.

Yeah that play really sucked, not because of him missing the guy he threw it to, but because if you watch the replay there were 2 wide open receivers like 10 yards away towards the middle of the field. Hansen doesn't seem overly comfortable throwing on the run, most of his bad misses have come when he's rolling out.
I saw that too. Simas and Jefferson were wide open and he tried to get it to McKnight on the sidelines.

It's obvious that 2009 is a write-off. The goal of the rest of the season is to allow Hansen to grow into his position.

:lol:

That is a great point, Miami. Hansen is going to have to get some support out there to succeed. Especially from the o-linemen.

I was reminded of the days on Netbuffs when RN was head coach. People would call for Taylor Barton, hailed as the next savior, to be played. He was. Sucked. And a week later no one could understand why Zac Colvin wasn't starting. He did. And also sucked. To which Adam Bledsoe would be hoisted as the next flavor of the week.

In the end RNs best QBs were players he didn't recruit or barely recruited; Koy Detmer, John Hessler and Mike Moschetti.

In the end its a team sport. It doesn't matter how good the QB is if the rest of the team is not playing at the same level.

In the end it comes down to good coaching. At least Neu knew that none of his prized recruits were gonna work out and he brought in MM.

Ahh, the days of having more than 3 scholarship QBs on the roster. It should be nice next year having 2-3 more QBs to compete.

I've voting for "With Time To Develop". I just don't know if it's one or two seasons, 3 or 4. Five? 8? 10?

This would depend on quality of skill-developments we've seen from a lot of players. This staff is showing us clear evidence, at this point in the season, how much skill-development they can accomplish.

We've seen what this staff can do with a 3-year QB. Will Hansen get even HALF that time?

the hansen love on this board is funny. must have been different games you were watching. also, kansas sucks by the way. give me some more red dots you bitches.

the hansen love on this board is funny. must have been different games you were watching. also, kansas sucks by the way. give me some more red dots you bitches.
you are kind of a moron. Again, what do you suggest the team do instead of play Hansen... since you are soooo smart and good at evaluating QB talent (better then everyone here obvi)

I haven't seen any "Hansen love".

I see a lot of people taking the reasonable position that Hansen has the size, arm strength and maneuverability to develop into a good Big 12 quarterback. I see these same people saying that Hansen's got some moxy and has made some nice plays outside the offense when things have broken down. I also see these people acknowledging that Hansen is fumbling too much, missing some open receivers and is sometimes tentative about pulling the trigger on a pass (but they are also keeping in mind that Hansen's a true sophomore with only a handful of starts to his name).

And I see you being a douche.

The Hansen situation reminds me a very lot of last year:

1. Element of surprise in his first game..he looks pretty good and everyone call him the savior of the program
2. Offense looks very bad a couple games in a row
3. Terrible thoughts creep in the back of everyone's mind that Cody IS AND WAS ACTUALLY the better player (at least right now)
4. We're screwed because both of these guys are not the answer for us in the future

Just my opinion

I've never sent negative rep before, never too late to start I suppose! :thumbsup:

I'm not saying he's THE answer, but he has hit 18/27 today, so saying he can't hit **** is probably a bit ridiculous... :wow:

He is by far the best alternative we have at this point, for sure.... :huh:

thanks for the private message, you know your ill don't you? 22,000 posts?

Back