What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hansen out for season (per Rivals board)

Not at all - I was just adding that in Simms' case, his spleen injury was life-threatening, I remember hearing that another 45 minutes with an emergency procedure would have killed him.

Probably because if it was ruptured, it would bleed....you always hear about "internal bleeding" and people that don't get medical attention do die from it.

Luckily for Tyler, they diagnosed it quickly.

Man, that's so terrible for Tyler. Prayers sent to him and his family. May God lend you a speedy recovery! We're pulling for you to come back big-time next year!

My neigbor's wife died from a ruptured spleen. Left him and their two kids behind.

Last edited:
Did they say if they were able to repair it or did they remove it?

From the Longmont Times-Call article linked in the Newsroom:

In a statement from Plati, he said that according to trainer Miguel Rueda, Hansen is not "out of the woods yet, (but) they are hopeful (the spleen) won't have to be removed."

I don't know if there has been info released since that was written. (Published 10/24)

Reported by someone who claims the Hansen family asked him to post it. Ruptured spleen has Tyler out 4-6 weeks. Season is done.

Karma sent. Get well, Tyler. Be ready to have a big senior year under real coaching.

Edit: I missed the other Rivals post. Tyler's brother was the first to report this news. It's legit.

This happened to Colt McCoy too. It sucks to be running QB.

Best wishes on a swift and full recovery to Mr. Hansen.
See you next year and thanks for the good effort this season.

Tough break. TH will be alright. He has some good doctors and nurses by his side. Nothing to worry about.

We'll definitely be seeing him on the field in the Spring.

Feel so badly for him.

Ironic trivia is that he has never yet played a full season for CU. Either starts halfway in, or gets pulled, and now injured. Just sucks for him.

Hope Tyler heals up quickly. He's needed to lead this team next year.

Way to be a warrior, take hits, and represent the school.

Back