What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hansen this weekend?

Why would you burn his RS?

That's not very complicated to answer. You'd burn his RS if you thought his addition would significantly change the course of the season. If you think his playing gives the team a better shot of making a bowl game then you burn it and put him in there.

I don't think that's the case, personally, so I'd be really, really surprised if we see him.

You had a breakfast burrito as well, didn't you? :huh:

Any way, I saw what you are talking about (I assume rivals), and I am not real sure I put a lot of confidence in some drive by poster like that. He has like four total posts and never showed up in the tread again. That being said...I hope it happens. I think Hansen has a real shot at being pretty good.

Yeah, I think I know the kid that posted it though, a friend's cousin here. BTW, he did respond again, and backed off his guarantee. We do know that Hansen has been getting reps with the first team this week. All that being said, I hope Cody lights it up and gets back on track.

We do know that Hansen has been getting reps with the first team this week.
Seriously? He's just a stick... course that's what we said about Koy.

Bad, bad idea. Why leapfrog this kid over two other guys unless you think he could make the difference all by himself?

I will have a serious problem with this coaching staff if CH plays very poorly against Kstate and we don't put it in another QB before the game is out of hand. He has had plenty of chances, it's time to perform.

Maybe they think he can make a difference all by himself...there is a reason he is getting reps with the 1st team...this is not just for fun.
Wow, that's great. But I still can't get over the fact that no other school offered him except Idaho State. :confused: ... and now just 9 months later he's gonna beat KSU and Missouri?

Last edited:
Wow, that's great. But I still can't get over the fact that no other school offered him except Idaho State. :confused: ... and now just 9 months later he's gonna beat KSU and Missouri?

Kinda like Chase Daniel & T. Reesing. Nobody recruited these guys either. Best QB should play period. Cody is largely ineffective. I am depressed. :sad2:

:yeahthat:
I will have a serious problem with this coaching staff if CH plays very poorly against Kstate and we don't put it in another QB before the game is out of hand. He has had plenty of chances, it's time to perform.

:yeahthat:

If he is really getting first team reps and they do throw him out there it speaks volumes about how good he has to be then...which is what intrigues & excites me the most...i think it also shows that Ballanger is not and most likely will not ever be our guy

How quickly we fans move from 1 backup/"savior" to the next :lol:

Ain't that the truth.

I, for one, trust the coaching staff to put the best player on the field. Whether that's Cody, or Ballenger or Hansen, I trust they will make the right decision.

If he is really getting first team reps and they do throw him out there it speaks volumes about how good he has to be then...which is what intrigues & excites me the most...i think it also shows that Ballanger is not and most likely will not ever be our guy

My only point has been that something has to give because the O isn't moving the ball very consistently. Whether it be changing the QB, changign the scheme or committing to running, something needs to be considered because CU is not looking real good right now...I just want to see some W's...

Ain't that the truth.

I, for one, trust the coaching staff to put the best player on the field. Whether that's Cody, or Ballenger or Hansen, I trust they will make the right decision.

Even though my fandom has gotten the better of me at times, DH is in an untenable position. It has to be incredibly difficult to watch your son play under recent conditions....

Even though my fandom has gotten the better of me at times, DH is in an untenable position. It has to be incredibly difficult to watch your son play under recent conditions....

From what I understand, DH does not make the call on who is the QB. Obviously, he can override the assistants, but from what I have heard he relies on the QB coach (Helfrich?) to decide who is where on the depth chart.

It would be really hard to watch, I agree with that. But at the same time, this isn't pee-wee football. It's DIVISION ONE FOOTBALL!!!!! :lol: He understands what goes with that, IMO.

I couldn't agree more...i guess my frustration since I do believe this is if Cody is the best we've got...that's the scariest question to ask yourself....and that's where you get into extenuating circumstances that keep a guy like Hansen off the field so he can learn the playbook, not be thrown to the wolves to kill his confidence with our patchwork O-Line etc. etc.

I couldn't agree more...i guess my frustration since I do believe this is if Cody is the best we've got...that's the scariest question to ask yourself....and that's where you get into extenuating circumstances that keep a guy like Hansen off the field so he can learn the playbook, not be thrown to the wolves to kill his confidence with our patchwork O-Line etc. etc.

I don't think Cody is the problem. I think the OL is the problem. They're so depleted it doesn't really matter who the QB or RBs are, IMO. And that sucks because since Miller, Max and the rest are all gone for the year, it's not likely to get much better.

I disagree hey our O line is having trouble, but Cody has to try not to dump the ball off after 1 read. or 1 second in the pocket. Make plays. This o line is playing well for what has happened and it will be like last year. They will start gelling.

I don't think Cody is the problem. I think the OL is the problem. They're so depleted it doesn't really matter who the QB or RBs are, IMO. And that sucks because since Miller, Max and the rest are all gone for the year, it's not likely to get much better.

I've been saying this a lot myself, but each week Cody has seemingly proven that he is also part of the problem and I've started to realize that...there are certain weapons that can make a decent QB great in college football....size is one of them which made Freeman & KSU pretty good...speed/scrambling is another which made Reesing pretty good...arm strength is another and is what makes most QB's good (Bradford & McCoy)...but Cody only has the football head smarts part, which is a great key to posess but is only truly great when combined with at least 1 of the above attributes

I also like to say that a great player makes things happen in the face of adversity...and Cody has made absolutely nothing happen and I don't think he can make anything happen on his own

I agree to some extent... however I think we would have marginally more success with someone like Hansen, who can get the ball over rushing lineman, and who can scramble.

But Cody's problems are mostly composed of the decimation along the OLine

Believe me, I hope I'm wrong. But I'm just going by what I've seen. The OL is a mess and Cody's got happy feet.

Back