What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Has Jon Embree's behavior today damaged the University and football program?

Embo is a good guy. Today was too soon for a presser. He is clearly emotional and torn-up over this. I don't fault him for being emotional and I don't feel like he played the race card. Having said that, he should have stopped talking after the press conference. As for Klatt, Al and CJ, they don't have an excuse for their behavior.

Anyone who questions whether Embo should have been fired is not thinking rationally, is biased, or is simply dumb. We were not just a bad football team this year, we were awful on a historic level. One of the worst BCS conference teams in the history of the BCS. The incoming class is not good (as it stands now). The staff can't recruit blue-chip in-state prospects. The current state of the program is so bad that I felt numerous times this season that Embo should resign for the sake of the school and program he dearly loves/d. I wish Embo the best, but this HAD to happen.

no way. Jon needed another year to let this play out. He was on his way to Okie St to learn a new offense. His recruiting was top notch, especially in next year's class. And he was screwed because there were not enough chairs in the meeting rooms...oh, and he had to buy water bottles for his staff. You have it completely wrong.

no way. Jon needed another year to let this play out. He was on his way to Okie St to learn a new offense. His recruiting was top notch, especially in next year's class. And he was screwed because there were not enough chairs in the meeting rooms...oh, and he had to buy water bottles for his staff. You have it completely wrong.

Did you even read his post, you profound dunce? He said "Anyone who questions whether Embo should have been fired is not thinking rationally, is biased, or is simply dumb."

He had to buy water bottles?

This is one of Embree's examples of how he didn't get "support" from the University. Supposedly he didn't get a new desk when he got the job - he had to use the same desk Dan Hawkins' desk. Then his coaches didn't have bottled water - so Embree had to buy bottled water for his coaches.

Did you even read his post, you profound dunce? He said "Anyone who questions whether Embo should have been fired is not thinking rationally, is biased, or is simply dumb."

is this BuffSurveyor? You are cut from the same cloth.

Some of the spin from today. The conflicting report is that Embree made demands to have all meals for his staff catered in and was told "no". It was also put out today from Camp Embree that he would have to use Dan Hawkins' old desk instead of him being bought a new one and he ended up feeling he needed to bring in his desk from home.

Truly draconian working conditions, apparently. It's why Tad Boyle seems to miserable. :wink2:

is this BuffSurveyor? You are cut from the same cloth.

Sorry, I didn't read the sarcasm, but with Dallas' posts, I have a tough time discerning satire from outright stupidity. Look, the water bottles and furniture are pretty trivial things, but they do paint a picture of a cheap athletic department that doesn't support their hires. I'll I'm trying to say is Embree deserves a little more than what people are giving him here, and that things need to changes in the AD for us to be successful

He had 2 years to turn around a program. Two years is not enough. I would be angry too if the institution that was purportedly committed to him gave him the ax after such a brief time. Kyle Whittingham had a perfect season 2 or 3 years ago. Now, his team is a clunker. He's a a good coach, Utah has comparable talent to CU this year, and Embree almost won....I don't understand this mentality that people have that numerous coaches could have done ten times better with the talent CU has. Has any team ever started this many freshmen, suffered this many injuries to seniors and done ample times better?

To be fair he had 28 seniors and started last season at 1-10. The staff was learning on the job and they were not showing much. I think that fact and the recruiting not doing too well this year had a lot to do with the decision as well. Buffs had enough talent not to be ranked at the bottom of the 120 Div 1 schools in both defense and offense.

This is one of Embree's examples of how he didn't get "support" from the University. Supposedly he didn't get a new desk when he got the job - he had to use the same desk Dan Hawkins' desk. Then his coaches didn't have bottled water - so Embree had to buy bottled water for his coaches.

Wow...really? I would have bought a kick ass desk for me and the f*cking staff Fiji water for the whole year with my own money. Didn't he get like 750k a year? Anyhow, it still was a piss poor idea to have a presser so soon IMO...

Some of the spin from today. The conflicting report is that Embree made demands to have all meals for his staff catered in and was told "no". It was also put out today from Camp Embree that he would have to use Dan Hawkins' old desk instead of him being bought a new one and he ended up feeling he needed to bring in his desk from home.

Truly draconian working conditions, apparently. It's why Tad Boyle seems to miserable. :wink2:

What they (embo & co.) are trying to accomplish by saying that, is a higher level of commitment to football from the athletic dept. I take no issue with that.

I do not understand the desk complaint all. They buy a new desk for every coach? What a waste of money. It is a flipping desk

What they (embo & co.) are trying to accomplish by saying that, is a higher level of commitment to football from the athletic dept. I take no issue with that.
then why didn't they say that instead of complaining about ****ing chairs (making CU look bad).

Sorry, I didn't read the sarcasm, but with Dallas' posts, I have a tough time discerning satire from outright stupidity. Look, the water bottles and furniture are pretty trivial things, but they do paint a picture of a cheap athletic department that doesn't support their hires. I'll I'm trying to say is Embree deserves a little more than what people are giving him here, and that things need to changes in the AD for us to be successful

If you were not such an annoying turd, we might listen to your point. Yes, we are all concerned about the Administration turning this thing around. But Jon's behavior today, combined with the atrocious actions of his media buddies, was inexcusable. Bohn had the balls to pull the trigger. Let's see if he can finish this out and make a home run hire. In the meantime, Jon needs to sail away. And you need to either leave or quit saying that you are done.

If you were not such an annoying turd, we might listen to your point. Yes, we are all concerned about the Administration turning this thing around. But Jon's behavior today, combined with the atrocious actions of his media buddies, was inexcusable. Bohn had the balls to pull the trigger. Let's see if he can finish this out and make a home run hire. In the meantime, Jon needs to sail away. And you need to either leave or quit saying that you are done.

What was so bad about Jon's behavior today, exactly?

Hopefully some good will come of it. But their campaign seems to be more out of spite and trying to get Bohn fired. At least that's my read on it.

I'm pretty disgusted with Embree's behavior. I know he is an emotional guy and that is what you get with emotional coaches, when things don't go their way they have meltdowns. But this was ridiculous, and completely unprofessional. I'm afraid this is going to go down as some "Playoffs", "I'm a man" kind of coach rant that gets played over and over again. The behavior by the former players masquerading as press is inexcusable, it seemed more like a witch hunt than a press conferance. Yeah I know Embree is your boy, do your job and look at it objectively. If this was some other coach that you weren't sipping cosmos and talking about your problems with would you be blowing up so much? Did they not see the product on the field? It was a historically bad season, one embarrassment after another, someone absolutely has to pay the consequences for dragging this program further into the muck. And the buck stops at the coach not the AD. But if Bohn screws up this next hire, he can pack his bags as well.

Because people want examples.

These were released to guys like Ringo and Henderson as part of the talking points. (Allegedly) Not something that came out after being pressed for specifics by a surprised media.

Hopefully some good will come of it. But their campaign seems to be more out of spite and trying to get Bohn fired. At least that's my read on it.

Maybe I'm naive but I doubt that's embo's first priority. Seriously what good would that do him at this point. He's already out of a job. I truly believe he is doing this because he thinks it's in the best interest of the university, and the players he recruited.

I saw parts of the presser, but what did Embree say on the radio that has so many people up in arms (other than saying the admin wasn't supportive enough)?

Maybe I'm naive but I doubt that's embo's first priority. Seriously what good would that do him at this point. He's already out of a job. I truly believe he is doing this because he thinks it's in the best interest of the university, and the players he recruited.

He coached what possibly could be the worst college football team of all time. His judgement for what's best for the university is seriously in question.

He coached what possibly could be the worst college football team of all time. His judgement for what's best for the university is seriously in question.

He may have not had much success on the scoreboard, but he still knows a little bit about college football, more than you are I.

Back