What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Has the negativity around the program cost us wins?

Has fan negativity cost the Buffs wins this year?

• Yes

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • No

Votes: 75 76.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I just like voting in polls

Votes: 5 5.1%

• Total voters

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
It's well known that players read message boards and pay attention to what's being said in the comments to internet news stories, what's written in blogs, etc.

Given that... maybe the team would have a better record if not for the outside negativity.

No.

Nearly all of the "negativity" or criticism has been caused by the lack of wins, not the other way around.

That is funny.

Sorry coach my head just was not in the game because I was up all night reading the mean things people were saying about our team on the interwebs. If those mean people would just say nice things about the team I would have gone to bed with visions of sugar plums dancing in my head, got a great night sleep, and we would not have been losing 33-3 at halftime of our last game.

What kind of true competitor wants to commit to a losing program that has a fan base that pumps out warm and fuzzy propaganda?

If it has, and I don't know, it is because they are pressing, trying too hard. Not because they are whimps.

33-3 at halftime...definitely pressing and trying too hard.:rolleyes: They came out flat for the entire first half. Although, I do agree with you in that all the Hawk name calling is tired and lame. Several people are blurring the line between Hawk the coach vs. Dan Hawkins the man.

Last edited:
Lack of preparation has cost us wins. Lack of emotion has cost us wins. Poor tackling has cost us wins. Poor blocking has cost us wins. Poor special teams play has cost us wins. Back clock management has cost us wins. Failing to capitalize on turnovers has cost us wins. Giving up over 400 yards of offense through the air has cost us wins. Failure to develop a running game has cost us wins. Failure to develop our quarterbacks has cost us wins. Lack of self-scouting has cost us wins. Bad game-planning has cost us wins. Bad play calling has cost us wins.

Lots of stuff has cost us wins. Negativity on a message board is not one of them.

Of course it has. Not nearly to the degree of many other things that have been exhaustively discussed on this board.

Thing is though, you can't shut this off. In the technological world we inhabit today peoples opinions are going to go everywhere. Try to regulate it too much here and everyone will just leave for someplace where their views can be heard without interference.

Right, wrong, I don't know. It's just the way it is.

Good grief, in a word, no. If the team's ego is so fragile they can be coerced into losing because of a innerwebb, BBS, they need to play another sport.

Of course it has. Not nearly to the degree of many other things that have been exhaustively discussed on this board.

Thing is though, you can't shut this off. In the technological world we inhabit today peoples opinions are going to go everywhere. Try to regulate it too much here and everyone will just leave for someplace where their views can be heard without interference.

Right, wrong, I don't know. It's just the way it is.

Which game did the Internet boards cost this team?

We are fans, supporters of the program, our attitude only reflects the performance and direction that the program is apparently heading. We are not the navigators of that direction, but when we feel like the driver is asleep at the wheel or heading towards a wreck we have the right to yell and scream.

Yelling and screaming didn't put us in danger, unless the driver allows it to be a distraction from his original destination.

Sitting quiet and enjoying the scenery out the windows while the vehicle hurtles down a cliff is not a solution either.

What kind of program doesn't have fan pressure?

Georgia was on top of the world 2 years ago, now they want Richt's head on a silver platter.

If you don't have fan pressure it means one of 2 things:

A) You're Florida/Alabama/Texas
B) You have a great fanbase with high expectations.

Who would want to be a part of a program where fans don't care if you win or lose? Open up a newspaper, it's the nature of college football... it's happening everywhere.

Last edited:
What happened to when the DL read some less than pleasing things on the internet about their play, so they stepped it up? Now the entire team read what we were saying and decided to not play? Like everything else in football, this falls on the coaches. Maybe Hawk should have got up before the Mizzu game and read some DBT posts. That'll get them ready to go.

If that's, indeed, the case, then it's a another slamming indictment of Hawk's program and shows how soft the program's become under his watch.

that's a dumb ****ing question

About 20% of people voting either think the negativity has cost us wins or they don't know so are at least open to the idea. It surprised me that it's that high.

The reason I posed the question is because I feel strongly that if the only tangible consequence of the negativity was to hurt the feelings of players and coaches then it isn't a big deal and people shouldn't complain.

But if people feel it costs wins (or hurts recruiting - next question), then it makes sense to complain about the negativity.

About 20% of people voting either think the negativity has cost us wins or they don't know so are at least open to the idea. It surprised me that it's that high.

The reason I posed the question is because I feel strongly that if the only tangible consequence of the negativity was to hurt the feelings of players and coaches then it isn't a big deal and people shouldn't complain.

But if people feel it costs wins (or hurts recruiting - next question), then it makes sense to complain about the negativity.

20% of people will believe anything

Back