What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Have to be honest, our OC HELLAF$CK needs to get the hell out of here.

What NFL argument? I'm saying height is an issue with a quarterback. The fact that short QBs disappear as the level of play improves is just evidence of that. If you would like to dispute that, how about a little more backup than an eye roll? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh snap! The double eye roll of DOOM!:lol: Argument over!

That was in the fourth right?

So we kept it close into the fourth quarter. Yay us!!

KU was ripe for the picking today. Our defense played very well most of the game. And still the best we can say is that we didn't get blown out until the fourth quarter.

Ugh. :sad1:

So we kept it close into the fourth quarter. Yay us!!

KU was ripe for the picking today. Our defense played very well most of the game. And still the best we can say is that we didn't get blown out until the fourth quarter.

Ugh. :sad1:

Moral victories FTW!

How could I argue with the almighty NFL height standards. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Obviously you can't. :lol:

I'm not saying a QB of Cody's height can't succeed. But even at the college level they have to bring something truly special to the field. Reesing and Daniel are small, but they've got mobility, good arms and a great grasp of their offenses. At this point I don't see Cody bringing any of those things to the field. His height compounds those problems significantly, especially when he's going to get a pass rush in his face.

Obviously you can't. :lol:

I'm not saying a QB of Cody's height can't succeed. But even at the college level they have to bring something truly special to the field. Reesing and Daniel are small, but they've got mobility, good arms and a great grasp of their offenses. At this point I don't see Cody bringing any of those things to the field. His height compounds those problems significantly, especially when he's going to get a pass rush in his face.

Thank you. I have been trying to say the same thing in about three different posts now. The height is not an issue when you have mobility or arm strength.

I'm sorry, but I can't take another one of his rollouts for Cody to the left that requires him to throw the ball across his body falling away.. Its the dumbest play ever and have yet to see the Buffs get a big gain on it.. And what exactly does it set up? Nothing..

Have some more koolaid.

Stick to the Pub MB.

I will. I cant stand reading most of the a*holes ripping on our coaches and players unnecessarily.

Anyone who thought CU would win north of 6 or 7 games with this schedule and this lack depth (before injuries) needs his head examined. When was the last time we started a team of mostly Jr. and Sr players on both sides of the ball? 1994? 2001?

The game is built, on purpose by the NCAA, so thats its hard to be good, get good, and stay good.

What about all this talk about CU contending for an NC w/in three years of the DH hire?

We all knew it was BS but this team isn't even good. Talk about contending AFTER you do something of note.

OU was a fluke. This team isn't any good.

I will. I cant stand reading most of the a*holes ripping on our coaches and players unnecessarily.

Anyone who thought CU would win north of 6 or 7 games with this schedule and this lack depth (before injuries) needs his head examined. When was the last time we started a team of mostly Jr. and Sr players on both sides of the ball? 1994? 2001?

The game is built, on purpose by the NCAA, so thats its hard to be good, get good, and stay good.

:lol:

All good points. I can't argue with that.

What about all this talk about CU contending for an NC w/in three years of the DH hire?

We all knew it was BS but this team isn't even good. Talk about contending AFTER you do something of note.

OU was a fluke. This team isn't any good.

Darian Hagan was a good hire but you have to give him some time. :smile2:

In all seriousness; the game is won and lost with the big hogs at the line of scrimage. If you cant block or pass protect (we cant) then your going to lose. If you can't get to the opposing teams QB and stop their run your going to lose. Thats 10 Scholies on offense and 14 on defense to be two deep at each spot. In reality probably 35-40 players if your really a good team. Over the last 3 years half of our OL recruits either quit or were hurt. We are more than a tad thin and thats why Hawkins is not playing well.

By way of comparison Miami QB Ken Dorsey never got his uni dirty once in 2001 mNC campaign. That OL allowed no sacks all year when the starters were in. We can go on and on about skill positions like WR, RB, and QBs. NU made a living off of the option and a pure running game because year over year they had a dominant offensive line. Until we have that the rest is window dressing.

Back