1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have we avoided Dayton yet?

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by cubuffs85, Mar 13, 2014.

1. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

So with the consensus being that were a lock for the Tourney by virtue of the victory over $C, are we safely in the field of 64?

2. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

you just don't know with the selection committee.

3. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I would certainly think so. Our RPI is better than any of the other at-large teams going to Dayton as well as Lunardi's 10 and 11 seeds with the exception of GW, and theirs is only a couple of spots higher.

4. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

So would a win today be a "Round of 64" lock?

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

My hope is that they give the Buffs a 10-seed against a 7 they think could make for an upset (paired against the weakest "2"). Please give us Pittsburgh or something with a 2nd round date against San Diego State.

6. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

Since you never know what the committee is going to do, winning today and losing tomorrow might be the best beneficial?

I'm honestly just concerned about winning our first game right now, which is far from given. I'd like whichever matchup does that.

7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

If we'd make the Finals (win or lose), I'll be pissed if we're worse than a 7-seed. I think we're somewhere in the 7-10 range and the Round of 32 is going to be a bitch. Our only way out of that is probably to win the Pac-12 tourney. Dropping to an 11-seed wouldn't do us any favors, either, because the 1st game would be tougher and I'm not seeing much difference between the 2-seeds and 3-seeds this year. 3s are going to be teams like Syracuse and Kansas.

8. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

A loss today really doesn't drop us much (if at all) and we're generally viewed as a 10 seed. So unless the committee feels like playing "let's **** over CU", I don't see our how resume would deserve Dayton.

9. whatthebuff

whatthebuff Club Member Club Member

Totally agree, bring on Pitt. Who else do you guys like for matchups in the projected 6-11 range? What teams to avoid?

Just going by résumés and not knowing anything about rosters I'd be happy with Pitt, Iowa or New Mexico. It would be fun to get revenge on OSU or Baylor but I'd rather play someone new.

10. rolandftw

rolandftw Club Member Club Member

Personally, think CU is a #10 seed now. Does a win over Cal and Arizona really bump us up 3 spots? And obviously if Utah manages to beat Arizona, it's even harder to see a win over Cal and Utah bumping CU 3 spots. I think we need to win the Pac 12 Tournament to have a shot at a #7 seed.

11. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

What if we play Kansas State, Baylor, or Nebraska?

12. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

KSU has Bruce Weber and is horrible away from home.

Pitt would be a great draw. Pitt simply is not very good, but they're probably like a 10 seed themselves.

13. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

At this point, I'd say so.