What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Have we crested? CU misses, SEC recruiting and replacing Coach A

Been a lot more hits than misses lately. Agree with most everyone that we need a better recruiting assistant. But, Tad himself spent a lot of time on this one so worries about that as well.

Agreed. Not sure Davis ever wanted to stay in-state & our main issue is relying on the 1 blue chip Colorado kid to stay home every yr. Bad strategy. Tad has a 2 yr window with his current core who can absolutely be a winning team. Recruiting has only really fallen off this yr & we have the pieces to bounce back.

I guess Bounce Back can be subjective, on what your expectations are. Colorado has won the PAC12 and gone to the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament. So improvement (to me) would be winning the PAC12 Tournament and getting to the Sweet 16 or better. After this year, I am not seeing the pieces you referred to, to even smell the PAC12 tournament championship, let alone enter the NCAA tournament. Which pieces are in place for 2016 to bounce back? >> I am not being a smart-azz, just curious on the pieces you mentioned after this year, that can bounce the program back?

If he never qualifies does it really matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'16 CO PF De'Ron Davis

Recruiting has only really fallen off this yr & we have the pieces to bounce back.
Last 2 classes have been questionable/under the radar commits outside the top 150 with few bigtime offers. With De'Ron that makes 3 straight classes. Recruiting has been bad for awhile.

Last 2 classes have been questionable/under the radar commits outside the top 150 with few bigtime offers. With De'Ron that makes 3 straight classes. Recruiting has been bad for awhile.

Last year was the op first class with under the radar guys. Dom and Tory were definitely highly recruited/rated players.

'16 CO PF De'Ron Davis

I was counting De'ron outside of the Satterwhite class. I'd say the last 2 classes are uninspiring then. 2015 and 2016. Although, the 2013 class looks to be a lot of misses.

Last edited:
According to Rivals, out of the top 10 players ranked in California (who are currently Seniors), only TJ Leaf has a Colorado offer. CU has only showed interest on two out of those top ten. This is not a secret, but this coach is not getting it done in California. Overall the same story.
A PAC 12 school with more commits from Detroit in the past three years than California - something is wrong with only one offer out of the top ten players (only three of those ten have committed)!

Back