1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haven't seen this linked, nice article about Coach Mac

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by MtnBuff, Jun 22, 2014.

1. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

2. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

I read Peter Greenlaw's book after seeing it as the source for Mike Mac's weight loss in a Rivals post. It is an easy read and you can borrow it for free if you have an Amazon Prime member ship. I am now 4 days into the same program he used and must say it is not too bad. Isagenix is not for everyone, but I will see how the first week of shakes and cleansing days have affected the scale tomorrow morning. My goal is in the neighborhood ( a bit higher) of Mike Macs so we will see.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Good luck to you, Brad.

I hope this Isagenix thing lets you drink beer. Otherwise, it's doomed.

4. skinsfan55

skinsfan55 Club Member Club Member

Very cool indeed. Rather than give the book credit, we should spin this and give credit to CU's strength and conditioning program somehow lol

5. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

​Mac needs to spend less time losing weight and more time recruiting!!

TimmyDUBs likes this.
  6. goalline

goalline Club Member Club Member

Has Ringo been writing for Yahoo for a while? It lists him as an editor as well at the bottom of the article.

7. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Weigh in this AM and I was down 14lbs. Starting week 2 of this thing and it slows down a bit. Good cleansing weekend that I got thru pretty well. Was short on energy by the end of the day yesterday, but overall not too bad.

As to Nik's comment on beer, none for a month but managing it after and not an issue. Can always add cleansing days if needed.

Either way, I had a bunch of weight I needed to loose so we are on the right track.

8. TDbuff

TDbuff Club Member Club Member

His wife Graham Watson was the editor there, I'm not sure if she's still in charge or if Ringo has taken over her job. I think he's been doing some content over there for a least a year or two. Probably about the time he left Scout.

9. JPinCO

JPinCO VP of Quantified Self Club Member

Nice work. My wife, sister and a bunch of other folks I know are on the Isagenics kick right now. Pretty much all of them lost 15lbs+ in the first month, if they stuck to the program. Being svelte and streamlined as I am, and totally unrepentant about my beer and coffee consumption, I don't need the program for weight loss. But I'm thinking about starting the shakes in the mornings - I don't usually have the appetite for breakfast and that usually results in a big and less-than-healthy lunch.

I had to actively avoid my wife on her first couple of cleanse days, though. Hell hath no fury like a woman starved.