1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hawaii - Point of View

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by jahbrahakala, Sep 19, 2010.

1. jahbrahakala

jahbrahakala New Member

2. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

Entirely predictable in the high altitude and long travel, with the Buffalos easily wearing down Hawaii in the 2nd Half. Even if they'd scored those two other chances, this was a predicted resulted. It was also great to see our guys get down and decide they could win anyway.

3. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Hey, Vegas, where they've been practicing, is at 2,000 ft. Give me a break on the altitude stuff. They were gassed because we upped the tempo and they couldn't substitute. Plus to get off the field between plays, their guys had to sprint at full speed. Our no huddle looked immensely better than a couple of years ago. Except for the one time RS lolligagged to the sideline and wasn't off the field when we snapped the ball earning an "Illegal Substitution" penalty.

4. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Disagree, quite frankly Hawaii isn't very good. They don't have BCS conference talent to start with and their depth is worse. Even then they kicked our butts for a half in our house on a day that was supposed to be a celebration of Buff football.

The good news is that we have two wins, the bad news is that they are against teams that we should have no question about beating. When we played a legit opponent on the road we were lost, we had no clue what we were doing, no focus, pathetic effort, and got killed by a team that will have to work to get a lower level bowl this year. When CU goes out and plays a full solid game against a legit opponent then I will be happy to give them credit. Until then I support the players but want to see this coaching staff gone.

5. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Wow, not bad fans. Even though we are just a bunch of haters.

6. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

On behalf of myself and Dply and others in section 2 we would like to take credit for the noise! :thumbsup:

dply likes this.
  7. DrunkPanda

DrunkPanda Active Member

rodney stewart saying "we knew we were the better team" really frustrates me. this team has a really overinflated view of themselves. "we overlooked colorado state". "we didn't realize cal would actually be good". they think they are great when they have done NOTHING to think this way. they need to realize they aren't good and want to work their ass off to get good instead of resting on their imaginary laurels.

by the way, colorado ISN'T a better team than hawaii. it was pretty obvious that we only won because hawaii ran out of gas because of the altitude and making a bunch of missed opportunities in the first half. we would have gotten absolutely bown out if the game was in hawaii

8. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

That was the loudest I've heard our section and we had plenty of times to get loud. It seems like hawaii was always either trying to score on our section's goalline or backed up in that area. I say section two helped the buffs get that saftey.

Plus that Hawaiian chick in front of me thought that yelling "go hawaii!" as loud as she could was a good thing. :lol: She was just trying to be louder than me but her team needed the silence.

9. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

Also surprising since Buff fans really don't understand football that well, amazing we knew when to be loud :rolling_eyes:

10. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Just like I won't say we 'should've' won games we lose (except that iowa state game a few years ago), I'm not going to say we 'should've' list games we won. We won that game in the 2nd half yesterday and our defense manned up in the first quarter to keep hawaii from scoring.