What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawaii practice reports from fans

Continue that and we will not have an option but to delete posts or ban you.

We are working on fixing this. It affects the site in more ways than you think. This is not negotiable.

Unfortunately there is not. If there was an option I wouldn't care about enabling it. It matters due to advertising among other things.

Like I said this summer. Mixed in with our effective passing, we need a steady dose of our new, bigger O-line and Powell, Powell, Powell. No RB committee. Get ahead, eat clock. Soften up that thin, inexperienced Dline through the 3rd quarter and exploit it in the 4th.

Like I said this summer. Mixed in with our effective passing, we need a steady dose of our new, bigger O-line and Powell, Powell, Powell. No RB committee. Get ahead, eat clock. Soften up that thin, inexperienced Dline through the 3rd quarter and exploit it in the 4th.

Yes! Sounds like the old Big 12 days.

So wear out the D by using just one RB? Powell has attributes, but the other RB's have some other attributes. I am strongly behind the 2-3 RB rotation.

Shrink the playbook and hope it works. Sounds good.

Agree on a steady diet of running to compliment what will be a very good passing attach but do not agree that it should be one running back. Powell is a stud but I worry about durability and we will need to utilize several backs to get it done week in and week out.

In general, I don't mind the 2-3 back rotation. Problem is, we don't seem to get the situations right.

2nd - 16: Powell out of the I
4th - 1: Lindasy up the middle
4th - goal: double reverse pitch,
spruce to Adkins

I don't want to shrink the playbook, but rather adapt the playbook to exploit our opponents weaknesses. When you look at the 2015 UH team, there glaring weakness seems to be the Dline. They are young and thin.

We should rely on our effective passing attack, but in this game I think making the UH DLine work hard early will pay off later. That will open the playbook up in the second half.

1) I really like having Hawaii as our first opponent. It really cuts down the BS that is associated with gearing up for that "other" team that had usually been first up on the schedule.

2) does anyone know what measures will be taken to minimize jet lag and the obscenely late kickoff hour? When does the team fly out? Will there be late, late scrimages to get those young bodies used to Island time?

An 11PM Mountain kickoff is brutal.

1) I really like having Hawaii as our first opponent. It really cuts down the BS that is associated with gearing up for that "other" team that had usually been first up on the schedule.

2) does anyone know what measures will be taken to minimize jet lag and the obscenely late kickoff hour? When does the team fly out? Will there be late, late scrimages to get those young bodies used to Island time?

Team flies out on Tuesday and will have a few night practices to acclimate a bit to the time and weather.

Just checked out of curiosity, and most of the major sports books have us as a 7.5-8 point favorite in this game. So at least Vegas likes us.

Will be very interesting to see what UH runs on offense.
I've felt Norm Chow was pretty meh in his days at Utah and Hawaii with his offense being outdated.
Bringing in Don Bailey to take over the offense is a big move and could mean a lot more spread offense, fast paced things. Very much suggests Norm Chow is looking to modernize the offense. Can Wittek run that? Not sure how athletic he is.
Do we see Norm Chow's pro style or Bailey's more spread style?

The Haka being performed by football teams is lame as ****
you%2Bmy%2Bfavorite%2Bhater.jpg

They are practicing later at night right now to acclimate to the later kickoff

They are practicing later at night right now to acclimate to the later kickoff

Do they arrive on the islands on Thursday or Friday?

Now as for we buff fans, it's probably a good idea to not report to work until 11AM this week and ask your boss, clients, and co-workers to accommodate your need to be on Hawaii time this week. Chat has got to be rocking.

Do they arrive on the islands on Thursday or Friday?

Now as for we buff fans, it's probably a good idea to not report to work until 11AM this week and ask your boss, clients, and co-workers to accommodate your need to be on Hawaii time this week. Chat has got to be rocking.
Tuesday. Going to Pearl Harbor Wednesday morning and practicing at night on Tuesday and wednesday

Back