1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hawk can be a hero if...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by SINKRATZ, Sep 14, 2009.

1. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

Humor me for a minute - I can think of one scenario wherby Hawk can turn a dismal season in the W/L column into one where he becomes a hero of sorts for fans across the country.

All the stars need to align for this to work, but I'm desperate for something positive to come out of this mess.

Imagine this:

The Buffs go 0-4 out of conference, but manage to rally together just enough to go 4-4 in Big 12 play. The Big 12 North is universally mediocre enough that a 4-4 is actually good enough for the Buffs to win the division (it's hapened before) and go to Dallas for the Big 12 title game.

In the title game, Hawk surprises everyone (including Mack Brown and the Longhorns) by starting Hansen who leads us to an ugly victory over a UT team that takes the Buffs for granted.

This means a 5-8 team goes to a BCS bowl game in the same season in which it lost to Toledo and Wyoming in back-to-back games. It also means that Boise St, despite an undefeated record, gets shut out of a BCS bowl and CU goes on to get waxed in the Fiesta bowl.

This tragic chain of events and the fallout from fans across the country lead to the dismantling of the BCS system as we know it and a playoff system is finally approved by University presidents and the TV networks.

Dan Hawkins goes down in history as the man who brought down the BCS and gave DI college football a playoff system.

Dare to dream, right? The sad thing is I bet the playoff system is the most unrealistic part of my entire post.

Spider likes this.
  2. B1Buff

B1Buff Active Member

I like it

3. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

I second the motion.:thumbsup:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  4. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

Let me finish the hypothetical...

Hawk is so revered that he is lured away to another school, thereby resulting in a windfall of cash to CU. Out of debt, the AD has to fight off Urban Meyer, Pete Carrol and Mike Shanahan to take over the Buffs football program.

5. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

Awesome...hopefully it will happen!

6. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

:canabis:

7. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

I could use some of that, chippy.

8. BuffFan

BuffFan Member

Humor me for a minute

Every team we play gets the swine flu just before we play and has to forfeit. At 10-2 we go to the national championship, where a rabid pack of dogs attacks the visiting team and forces them to play their cheerleaders. The Buffs are national champs.

9. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

Yeah, like that could ever happen... :huh:

10. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

desperately seeking...

11. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

he resigns.

12. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

And then I woke up.

13. Wyo Buff

Wyo Buff Club Member Club Member

At this point don't you mean we come within a field goal of the cheerleaders but Cody Hawkins 80th pass attempt is deflected by a big girl at the Line of Scrimmage and intercepted. The cheerleaders "take a knee" (no pun intended) and the Buffs end the Season No. 3 in the AP Pole and 16th in the Coaches Pole.

14. Spider

Spider Member

Post #1 is the kind of fan-think that I really love the most. It shows imagination, while still pulling strongly on reason and of course hope.

15. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

That's some really good $hit! Hawkins wins coach of the year, flips off student body, and takes Notre Dame job. Lou Holtz predicts multiple national championships under Hawkins.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009