What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawk can be a hero if...

SINKRATZ

PhD in Analogy
Club Member
Humor me for a minute - I can think of one scenario wherby Hawk can turn a dismal season in the W/L column into one where he becomes a hero of sorts for fans across the country.

All the stars need to align for this to work, but I'm desperate for something positive to come out of this mess.

Imagine this:

The Buffs go 0-4 out of conference, but manage to rally together just enough to go 4-4 in Big 12 play. The Big 12 North is universally mediocre enough that a 4-4 is actually good enough for the Buffs to win the division (it's hapened before) and go to Dallas for the Big 12 title game.

In the title game, Hawk surprises everyone (including Mack Brown and the Longhorns) by starting Hansen who leads us to an ugly victory over a UT team that takes the Buffs for granted.

This means a 5-8 team goes to a BCS bowl game in the same season in which it lost to Toledo and Wyoming in back-to-back games. It also means that Boise St, despite an undefeated record, gets shut out of a BCS bowl and CU goes on to get waxed in the Fiesta bowl.

This tragic chain of events and the fallout from fans across the country lead to the dismantling of the BCS system as we know it and a playoff system is finally approved by University presidents and the TV networks.

Dan Hawkins goes down in history as the man who brought down the BCS and gave DI college football a playoff system.

Dare to dream, right? The sad thing is I bet the playoff system is the most unrealistic part of my entire post.

Humor me for a minute - I can think of one scenario wherby Hawk can turn a dismal season in the W/L column into one where he becomes a hero of sorts for fans across the country.

All the stars need to align for this to work, but I'm desperate for something positive to come out of this mess.

Imagine this:

The Buffs go 0-4 out of conference, but manage to rally together just enough to go 4-4 in Big 12 play. The Big 12 North is universally mediocre enough that a 4-4 is actually good enough for the Buffs to win the division (it's hapened before) and go to Dallas for the Big 12 title game.

In the title game, Hawk surprises everyone (including Mack Brown and the Longhorns) by starting Hansen who leads us to an ugly victory over a UT team that takes the Buffs for granted.

This means a 5-8 team goes to a BCS bowl game in the same season in which it lost to Toledo and Wyoming in back-to-back games. It also means that Boise St, despite an undefeated record, gets shut out of a BCS bowl and CU goes on to get waxed in the Fiesta bowl.

This tragic chain of events and the fallout from fans across the country lead to the dismantling of the BCS system as we know it and a playoff system is finally approved by University presidents and the TV networks.

Dan Hawkins goes down in history as the man who brought down the BCS and gave DI college football a playoff system.

Dare to dream, right? The sad thing is I bet the playoff system is the most unrealistic part of my entire post.

Let me finish the hypothetical...

Hawk is so revered that he is lured away to another school, thereby resulting in a windfall of cash to CU. Out of debt, the AD has to fight off Urban Meyer, Pete Carrol and Mike Shanahan to take over the Buffs football program.

Humor me for a minute

Every team we play gets the swine flu just before we play and has to forfeit. At 10-2 we go to the national championship, where a rabid pack of dogs attacks the visiting team and forces them to play their cheerleaders. The Buffs are national champs.

Humor me for a minute

Every team we play gets the swine flu just before we play and has to forfeit. At 10-2 we go to the national championship, where a rabid pack of dogs attacks the visiting team and forces them to play their cheerleaders. The Buffs are national champs.

Yeah, like that could ever happen... :huh:

Humor me for a minute

At this point don't you mean we come within a field goal of the cheerleaders but Cody Hawkins 80th pass attempt is deflected by a big girl at the Line of Scrimmage and intercepted. The cheerleaders "take a knee" (no pun intended) and the Buffs end the Season No. 3 in the AP Pole and 16th in the Coaches Pole.

Post #1 is the kind of fan-think that I really love the most. It shows imagination, while still pulling strongly on reason and of course hope.

Back