What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawk demeanor

SJBuff

Club Member
Club Member
They showed Hawk a lot last night and to me he looked surpisingly relaxed and at ease. I got the impression when I saw him that he was a man who had accepted his fate and was no longer fighting against the inevitable. He knows he's going to get fired and there's nothing he can do about it so he wasn't trying to win to save his job he was trying to win because he likes to win. There was some joy in his coaching that we haven't seen all year. He was just out there coaching his best because he loves coaching.

I'm happy for him and CU. I'm ready for the next era of CU football to begin and I'm happy that Hawk is finally done with what will probably be his most painful professional experience.

I really hurt for Hawkins after the game, watching him walk across the field to shake the 42 year old's hand.

Like the fu*&^ing bankers on Wall Street - I wish I was paid millions to fail. But unlike Wall Street insects Hawk is a man of honor. He will accept whatever is handed to him with class, repsect and dignity. I agree he would much rather have the B12 championsip trophy than money..well maybe some money.

I really hurt for Hawkins after the game, watching him walk across the field to shake the 42 year old's hand.
I hurt for the Buff faithful. This bozo has cost us the 4 years he has wasted, plus the years of damage to our team's reputation, plus the years to get this bitch back on track. I have no sympathy. He knew the risks and rewards. And at the end of the day, he is walking away a rich man. No sympathy from me.

It is clear to me that he needed the Boise assistants to mask his incompetence in Boise. He had nowhere to hide in Boulder, when his guys did not follow him. Deep down, I believe he knew this would be the result. Zero sympathy from me...unless he walks away without a buyout....

Back