What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawk floats extension idea

In the order you asked the questions: to get exactly this response, yes, no.

I fail to see how this reflects negatively on the program. It reflects completely upon simply how ****ing far out of touch our head coach is. And this should help provide even more public support for ****canning this ****ing assclown.

I guess I should rephrase that. It will become a "joke" on talk shows. It isn't going to hurt the program any. But I'd rather see the focus on the positive things that I think are happening instead of the focus being on yet another Hawkins remark.

I am flabbergasted.

OK, extend him, modify the contract and remove any buyout like Mtn. suggested. You want to take some risks big Dan? Fine, pay him $2 million a year and subtract $175,000 for every loss. Put your money where your mouth is.

Honestly, the guy is delusional. I think we should call him wheelbarrow Dan, because his balls have to be so big he needs one to get them around.

As to DBT, why leak it? You really have to ask? If this guy is that far out of touch with reality, he needs to be held accountable as the highest paid state employee. By any objective standard the guy has been paid a mountain of money and failed. And he asks for more? Yeah, it should have been leaked and he should be roasted for suggesting he should be rewarded for epic failure.

I guess I should rephrase that. It will become a "joke" on talk shows. It isn't going to hurt the program any. But I'd rather see the focus on the positive things that I think are happening instead of the focus being on yet another Hawkins remark.

The fact that this was "leaked" is not the reason CU will be a joke on talk shows. Talkins is the reason. The arrogance of this guy is just amazing. He still thinks he has accomplished a lot in his four years here. Who in their right mind would ask for an extension after last season's train wreck?

I am rooting for this guy to succeed as much as anyone because I want to WIN. If he ends up winning this year we need to hire a PR person for him. He should not be allowed to talk directly to anyone. It should always go through his proxy.

Hawkins has done everything possible to make the program a joke for 3+ seasons. The best part is Hawkins went most of the off season not talking to the media or anyone else, because every time he opened his mouth stupid sh*t came out.

This must go down as the stupidest thing he has ever said.

Dan's 'got a little swagger to him'. I would have love to seen the facial expressions -- if not out and out laughter by the AD in that meeting.

DBT. Imagine this scenario. You are the worst performer at your job in the company's history over four years. They don't fire you for political reasons, but want you to succeed, so they come in and sit down with you and ask you what they can do to help you.

How in any world is asking for an extension in that scenario not one of the craziest things you have ever heard?

Dan's 'got a little swagger to him'. I would have love to seen the facial expressions -- if not out and out laughter by the AD in that meeting.

I think it's more like a "twinkle in his eye", but I could be mistaken.

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced he really, and truly, is out of touch with reality. I am starting to feel sorry for him.

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced he really, and truly, is out of touch with reality. I am starting to feel sorry for him.

A buddy of mine that sits near us at the games says pretty much the same thing - that Hawkins is actually mentally unstable. And in all honesty, it's not a hard conclusion to come to. Here's a guy, who after leading his team to a craptacular 3-9 season, comes out and says "we just need to work on a few little things", and "This thing is gonna pop". Really? You'd have to be insane to even think such a thing.

Wow... Coach Dan has finally lost touch with reality. Mike Bohn should extend his hand and lead him off campus. :smile2:

DBT. Imagine this scenario. You are the worst performer at your job in the company's history over four years. They don't fire you for political reasons, but want you to succeed, so they come in and sit down with you and ask you what they can do to help you.

How in any world is asking for an extension in that scenario not one of the craziest things you have ever heard?

OK, hold on Sparky. I'm not defending Hawkins here. I am as flabbergasted as anyone that he would even think about broaching the subject of a contract extension. But I also think it is very unprofessional of someone sitting in on the meeting to make a confidential remark public. Now, maybe the AD did it on purpose in order to strengthen their case, who knows? But the last thing CU needs a week before the RMS is a bunch of banter about this.

An opportunity for positives presents itself on 9/4.

Between now and then, the list of positives is short. 1) no off-field problems. 2) No major injuries.

If a Boone Pickens sized donation comes in, that would be okay. If the B12 and CU settle on an exit free that is fair, that would benokay, too.

But nothing, nothing, nothing, is going to erase 16-33 and memories of Mizzou, Toledo, CSU @ Folsom, and almost every road game.

Zippity do dah, PMAMF.

I don't dislike Hawk, but even if he wins 8 this year, I wouldn't be upset if he parted company with CU.

Someone needs to fark this.

Take one of the pictures from the South Park episode where they got the huge balls / cancer, and stick Hawkins head on it.

OK, hold on Sparky. I'm not defending Hawkins here. I am as flabbergasted as anyone that he would even think about broaching the subject of a contract extension. But I also think it is very unprofessional of someone sitting in on the meeting to make a confidential remark public. Now, maybe the AD did it on purpose in order to strengthen their case, who knows? But the last thing CU needs a week before the RMS is a bunch of banter about this.

I know what you are saying, but here is the problem. He still actually SAID it. Also, I don't think that meeting was in any way intended for such a subject to be broached and as such was just as unprofessional of him for bringing up such a sensitive topic when it should obviously only be spoken of with Mike Bohn alone.

Hmm, troubling that he does not seem to understand the reality of the situation.

Very disturbing indeed. He either doesn't understand it, or somehow has found a way to ignore it. Either way, bad. If he's unable to grasp reality in this, he's unable to grasp reality in other matters.

Very disturbing indeed. He either doesn't understand it, or somehow has found a way to ignore it. Either way, bad. If he's unable to grasp reality in this, he's unable to grasp reality in other matters.

Cody Hawkins has been the starting QB for 3 years. You think this man is in touch with reality!?!?

The title of the thread is fitting. The idea of a Hawk extension floated like a turd in a punchbowl. I wasnt one of the Hawk Haters, but he is making me turn that way more every time he opens his mouth.

Winning is what would benefit this program in the most. In both the eyes of the recruits and fans. If he finishes the next two seasons with 8 wins or better, I'll be more interested in hearing about an extension.

There is a fine line between courage and stupidity. Although this shouldn't surprise anyone, as Hawkins has been deemed an idiot since the Montana State Massacre.

He could go 14-0 this season and I still say don't extend him. He'll have two more years after this one on his contract. Show us 8+ wins for at least 2 years in a row with measurable progress and good recruiting classes. If things have turned around after this year and next then talk about a new contract. After the tenure he's had so far it should take more than one good year to extend his contract. He hasn't come close to earning the benefit of the doubt with the record he's put up.

There is a fine line between courage and stupidity. Although this shouldn't surprise anyone, as Hawkins has been deemed an idiot since the Montana State Massacre.

Please don't bring that up - I can't go a week without being reminded about that game :bang: :cry:

I fail to see how this reflects negatively on the program. It reflects completely upon simply how ****ing far out of touch our head coach is. And this should help provide even more public support for ****canning this ****ing assclown.

When I first read this, I thought you said caning, not canning. And you know what? I'd be cool with a public caning or a canning. Either way is good. :thumbsup:

This is the scary thing. Yeah maybe it shouldn't have been leaked, but at the same time he should have never said it in the first place. He is completely out of touch if he thinks 16-33 at a BCS school not named Vanderbilt should get him a contract extension. It's frankly downright frightening that the HC at a BCS program can be so delusional and out of touch with reality that he would make those types of demands. Perhaps that's been the issue with him all along, he means well and works hard, but what he sees or thinks he sees isn't really what is happening. It's not just the little things like the false starts that need to be fixed in order to "pop," it's everything from piss poor gameplanning all the way down to the OL's inability to block, etc.

This is the scary thing. Yeah maybe it shouldn't have been leaked, but at the same time he should have never said it in the first place. He is completely out of touch if he thinks 16-33 at a BCS school not named Vanderbilt should get him a contract extension. It's frankly downright frightening that the HC at a BCS program can be so delusional and out of touch with reality that he would make those types of demands. Perhaps that's been the issue with him all along, he means well and works hard, but what he sees or thinks he sees isn't really what is happening. It's not just the little things like the false starts that need to be fixed in order to "pop," it's everything from piss poor gameplanning all the way down to the OL's inability to block, etc. I mean three games were won last year... one against a very poor 7-6 Wyoming team... and it wasn't an impressive victory. The other two... a win against 5-7 Kansas, and a win against an average 6-7 A&M team... both of those being by the skin of his teeth. It's time to put up or shut up, but honestly I feel like even though this team has talent, it's going to be the same old story again this next season.

I know I'm ranting but I see the same exact offense coming back next season with a couple of minor differences. You add one playmaker in Clemons (who has 106 receiving yards in his career), one playmaker in Patterson (who had less then 100 receiving yards in his career at USC), and you have Hansen (who is just a servicable QB) playing instead of Cody. Besides that it's the same. Sure the defense has potential, but average DL play will make it tough on a promising but unproven LB corps, and the corners are great, but what if there is one single injury?

Sorry rant over... back to my point, he has absolutely no business asking for an extension.

He could go 14-0 this season and I still say don't extend him. He'll have two more years after this one on his contract. Show us 8+ wins for at least 2 years in a row with measurable progress and good recruiting classes. If things have turned around after this year and next then talk about a new contract. After the tenure he's had so far it should take more than one good year to extend his contract. He hasn't come close to earning the benefit of the doubt with the record he's put up.

If we win a National Championship this season, Hawk can not only have whatever extension he wants but I pledge to name my next child "Daniel Hawkins Buffnik". Danielle if it's a girl, but that's negotiable.

And, yes, "Buffnik" is my real last name. :wink2:

Back