What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawk floats extension idea

If we win a National Championship this season, Hawk can not only have whatever extension he wants but I pledge to name my next child "Daniel Hawkins Buffnik". Danielle if it's a girl, but that's negotiable.

And, yes, "Buffnik" is my real last name. :wink2:

That's funny. Daaah is really my first name.

Where have you guys been all your lives? I want someone to point out to me the Division 1 football coach who doesn't think he deserves an extension. Please show me the guy who stepped down because he just wasn't getting it done. I'll go out and have lunch while you put together your list.

If Dan Hawkins has lost touch with reality, then so has every freakin' other college football head coach--every damn one of them thinks he's a winner. You don't get to be in that position and make 7 figures because you have a small ego. And, y'know what, I've got no problem with Hawkins asking for an extension. I guarantee you he thinks he's a winner and CU's lucky to have him. ****, I'm sure Fairbanks left knowing he could coach some ball.

Nope, I've got no problem with Hawkins asking for more, that's his job. I'd have a big ****ing problem if Bohn gave it to him, but I'm not too worried about that.

Where have you guys been all your lives? I want someone to point out to me the Division 1 football coach who doesn't think he deserves an extension. Please show me the guy who stepped down because he just wasn't getting it done. I'll go out and have lunch while you put together your list.

If Dan Hawkins has lost touch with reality, then so has every freakin' other college football head coach--every damn one of them thinks he's a winner. You don't get to be in that position and make 7 figures because you have a small ego. And, y'know what, I've got no problem with Hawkins asking for an extension. I guarantee you he thinks he's a winner and CU's lucky to have him. ****, I'm sure Fairbanks left knowing he could coach some ball.

Nope, I've got no problem with Hawkins asking for more, that's his job. I'd have a big ****ing problem if Bohn gave it to him, but I'm not too worried about that.

The point is not that he believes he should have a raise. The problem is, that when asked what would help the team the most (was it recruiting specific? I forget...) that's the first thing that came to mind.

I agree that, on the face of it, the comment looks pretty stupid.

But, we really don't know the context in which he said it. We don't know if he said sarcastically, ironically, seriously or otherwise. It actually matters. A fragment of a conversation, in cold print, often fails to convey what the speaker intended.

Nothing matters now but how many wins Dan puts on the board. Let's stop analyzing every word the man says.

I agree that, on the face of it, the comment looks pretty stupid.

But, we really don't know the context in which he said it. We don't know if he said sarcastically, ironically, seriously or otherwise. It actually matters. A fragment of a conversation, in cold print, often fails to convey what the speaker intended.

Nothing matters now but how many wins Dan puts on the board. Let's stop analyzing every word the man says.

That would be sweet if it was a joke.

4pczn.jpg

I will stop overanalyzing the stupid **** hawk says when he stops getting paid 1.5 million per year from my beloved alma mater to go 3 and 9. Thats 500,000 per win. So ya, **** hawk.

But Hawk was not asked about an extension. He was asked about the single thing that would help the program the most. And his answer, much like most of his answers, was a self-serving heaping pile of ****.

There is probably a legitimate argument that an extension could be used as a negative recruiting tool against CU.

Remember Hawkins said something about "Cinching" things up and we eventually learned who is sponsoring the CSU-CU game this year? If he is doing this and we end up going to the Pac-10 next year, I love this man!

Solich had 9 wins in 2003 and Nebraska had a new coach in 2004. Simple. Although I hope our new coach in 2011 is better than the new coach Nebraska had in 2004. Does that clarify things?:smile2:

2001 still happened you know. If Barnett hadn't been killed in recruiting, I wouldn't have minded his warts at all. Oh well.

Sure it did. So did 3-8 in 2000. So did 5-7 in 2003. So did 70-3 in 2005.

Warts are a lot easier to put up with when you win a ****pot full of games.

Insert Woodrow's piece from last year here. He pegged him.

>The golden repriever has been permitted to continue to dwell in his Pollyanna-Peter Pan-Pinocchio flight-of-the-imagination palace by the Flatirons. http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_13882812

Read more: Paige: Time for Hawk, CU to get real - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_13882812#ixzz0xkHE7ByI
Very disturbing indeed. He either doesn't understand it, or somehow has found a way to ignore it. Either way, bad. If he's unable to grasp reality in this, he's unable to grasp reality in other matters.

Everything you say is true except for the implication that a coach at Colorado named Barnett won games.

He was 49-38 as CU's HC and only had 2 losing seasons out of 7. Averaged 7 wins per season. That's just a tad better than the 4 wins Hawk has averaged.

Is there anyone here who would not take Barnett's results right about now? I doubt it, with the possible exception of you.

Scandal free 2003-4 and 2005 doesn't happen.

Scandal free and he doesn't have a lot of warts, etc.

If's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

It is pretty sad when the current coach is so ****ty that you pine away for the previous coach, who was slightly less ****ty, and even then only slightly less ****ty than the ****ty coach before him.

Back