1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hawk is still blaming CU

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Apparently Hawkins is still blaming CU for his failure as a head coach. Made more comments after the Cal game about how it's impossible to win at CU and that CU has ruined his career. This was according to someone who gets some good inside info and was reporting during the chat on AZ's Buff Scoop site earlier tonight.

2. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Weird. I could swear the guy he replaced won a conference championship here.

3. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Hmm. Ruined his career?

I hope this rumor is untrue. I'll take it as a rumor for now.

Did the person reporting this say why Hawkins feels that way about CU, if this is true?

4. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

While I will need more to verify that he in fact has said that, I do remember the commentators of the game mentioning him saying how winning at Colorado was way harder than he expected. This is of course considering the fact how much we had won at Colorado the previous 20 years.

5. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Oh please let this be true, he'll be gone before the end of the season. He has ruined cu football, people in boise don't care for him and know petersen was the coach not him. **** HAWKINS.

6. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Well apparently his leadership has filtered to some of the players. They seem to have a great time watching Entourage and Hung.

7. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

if it was anyone other than AZ i would believe it hands down... im still skeptical of anything posted on his site

8. Buffnik

It wasn't the first time I'd heard this or I wouldn't have repeated it.

DBT - it's a lot of things. Coach contracts, admissions, facilities, fan base, local media, etc.

9. DrunkPanda

DrunkPanda Active Member

die hawkins! DIE! DIE! DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

i kept telling you guys that he was a no integrity scumbag, but nobody would listen.

10. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Well, we have heard all of that before, haven't we? Even GB said these things.

11. CenturyBuff

CenturyBuff Member

Gonna have to give Hawk a break on this one-- after all, "this thing was burned to the ground" when he got here. So his solution was to fight fire with fire by throwing gas on the smoldering remains and throwing a match on it against Cal.

Also, he'd be right that it's impossible to win in Boulder...I mean, Barnett was only 49-39 (.557), Neuheisel was only 33-14 (.702), Mac was only 93-55-5 (.624), Mallory was only 35-21-1 (.623), Crowder was only 67-49-2 (.571), Grandelius was only 20-11 (.645), and Dal Ward was a putrid 63-41-6 (.600).

Hawk's brilliant 17-34 (.333) is a staggeringly successful run, if you ask me!

12. Buffnik

Hawkins is the only CU head coach since Fairbanks not to achieve a 10-win season. He's also the only coach to be here with 12-game schedules and 30+ bowl games.

13. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

I would sucker punch Dan Hawkins in his ****ing face right now and not feel an ounce of remorse. **** him. **** him. Losing is acceptable, sometimes. Not accepting any responsibility after losing, and losing badly - for four years - is not. If he had any self-awareness or any respect for this program, or anyone else, I could at least respect him. He has neither. I find him more despicable than almost anyone else in sports. Did you hear the halftime interview at Cal? Embarrassing. He should be gone now. Pay him the full buy-ouy so we can let the world know what a mockery he has made of our football team. I will never forgive him. Not for his failures on the field, but for his failure to accept responsibility for it. What a *****.

14. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Waaaaaaaaaaah, waaaaaaaaaaaah.

15. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

**** you Dan! You ruined us! It's impossible to win at CU? Funny how the 3 coaches before you all had 10 win seasons!

16. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

I don't think I've said this today. It's overdue......

FIRE DAN HAwKINS!!!!!!!!!!

17. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

Ignore what coach d-bag says. He's done. Worst case we have to wait until the week after thxsgiving.

18. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Sounds like a beaten man.

19. CenturyBuff

CenturyBuff Member

Nope, I'm pretty sure Hawk is right. Can't win in Boulder, after all, of the 23 coaches in the program's history, only 19 of them were .500 or better....

20. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Hawk is a ***** if that is what he is really saying. How about some ****ing accountability Hawk? Admissions wouldn't let your boys in? That's why we just got ran over 54-7? That's why we can't get a ****ing play in on time and don't have to burn timeouts? That's why we have numerous 4* and above ranked players on the OL that still can't block? Coaching contracts are why your boy Riddle is still ****ing employed? Last time I checked you just hand him a new contract every year so he can give us all the figurative finger.

21. OKCBuff

OKCBuff Well-Known Member

You know, that's a line of BS. If he REALLY thought that, he would have seen it early and bolted for somewhere else -- anywhere else -- ala Gene Chizik at ISU. He's still at CU because he knows his career is done and he's drawing checks to save up for a lifetime of unemployment.

22. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

He get's the W back when he brings the W back.

Jens1893 likes this.
  23. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

Does this dude ever shut his mouth? Besides his poor coaching, his mouth may be the most annoying thing to happen to CU football.

24. Denver_sc

Denver_sc Club Member Club Member

Hmm... maybe if he'd take an honest look in the mirror he'd see that it's the job that he's done here that's ruined his career. His zen yogi **** was never going to fly at a big time school; he just didn't know it before he got here. It's not like he's getting the most out of the talent that he's got and still losing. I firmly believe these kids are not even scratching the surface of their potential. I'm not sure how to fix it, either. There's a reason that Solder and Miller are mentioned as 1st round picks but looked like the JV line on Saturday. Go Screw, Hawk.

25. antisaint

antisaint I LIKE CAKE! Club Member

Granted, when it comes to supporting CU football, the administration falls flat on their face. However, if this rumor is true and Hack thinks that CU is bringing him down, then do all of us a favor and LEAVE. It's a perfect scenario for both sides! We can ruin another coach and he can go win a National Championship elsewhere.

26. Buff fanatic

Buff fanatic Well-Known Member

uhhhh, he didnt say this. Should still be fired, agree, but,this is defintly not the approach he's taking at all.

27. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

I wanted to puke when the announcers started talking about how this thing was burned to the ground when Hawk got here and what a tough job he had. Obviously Dan is still spewing that BS on a regular basis to anyone and everyone that is listening. He couldn't get a job at Cal Davis now. Thanks for buring the program to the ground Dan! Now get the **** out of here!

28. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I would like to punch him in the face and then blame HIM for making me do it.

29. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

If this thing was burned to the ground when he got here, where is it now? What has he done to ressurect the program? Forgetting for a moment that he's completely full of crap, his assertion that it was burned to the ground assumes that he's done something - anything - to actually correct that problem. We're still getting our heads beat in. So what's changed? It was burned to the ground when you got here, it's burned to the ground now. Thanks alot, asshole.