1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hawk Not Backing Off His 10 Win Goal

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Daaah, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

From his twitter (I hate, twitter FWIW):

1. Meetings then Practice!!! I'm FIRED UP about starting on the road to winning 10!!! Time to set you hair on fire!!! GO BUFFS!!!12:20 PM Mar 31st from web
    http://twitter.com/CoachHawk

2. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Set my hair on fire? Forget that ****. I'd have to spread napalm on my scalp and set my scalp on fire. The 19 year old DBT to your left is not exactly the 54 year old DBT typing this post. :lol:

Wyo Buff likes this.
  3. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

That is you at 19? I thought it was Kurt Cobain's HS picture....

4. FChairbanks

FChairbanks muthaka slayer Club Member

if you are still wearing pink suits at 54 then...well...

nttiawwt...

5. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

thats a pretty wicked beard for a 19 year old.

6. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

:gobuffs:

7. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

10 and nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :thumbsup: I wonder which BCS bowl game they'll be in and what their final Top 10 rank will be?

8. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

To be fair, winning 10 games doesn't necessarily put the buffs in the top 10 or a bcs game. Win the W's below and ONE of the W/L's plus a bowl game and we've got our 10. It's conceivable that the Buffs go through that schedule, win 10 games, and don't beat a team that ends up in the top 25.

CSU - W
    @Toledo - W
    WYO - W
    @WVU - W/L
    @TX - L
    KU - W
    @KSU - W
    MU - W/L
    AtM - W
    @ISU - W
    @OSU - W/L
    Nub - W

9. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

Yeah, I know. I was being facetious. I'll take anything more than 7 wins. 10 would be awesome, but I'd be happy with 8. Although, I think 10 is certainly achievable if progress is really being made, and the staff (Helfrich and Riddle) has improved.

10. Buttermaker

Buttermaker Active Member

I am with you, I would be happy with 8. I think any claims by Hawk that we will 10 games includes winning a bowl game (maybe the spring game too).

11. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Put me in the "I'm elated that we won 10 games category" even if that doesn't get us a BCS win. With our coaches and 10 wins, recruiting will take off.

12. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Me too. 8 wins puts us back in the top 25 in recruiting imo.

13. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

10 wins? I expect dramatic improvement over last year but I think that might be setting the bar a bit high, particularly with the fresh round of injuries/apparent ineligibility issues we have coming up already from guys who were expected to contribute (MTM, Katoa).

14. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

agreed.

the thing i'm not crazy about the "10 win" talk is let's say at some point we're setting the bar pretty high (which is good) but during the stretch of @WVU, UT, KU, @KSU, and Mizzou...it sets up good for conference play but we can't afford to lose 2-4 of those (probably only favored in 2-3 at most) and then spend a couple weeks feeling sorry for ourselves about missed goals (which may or may not have been realistic in the first place).

we need to finish by taking care of home field (ATM), TCB @ISU, show up in Stillwater and beat the Bugeaters in Folsom. we can't afford to drop games like ATM at home and @ISU which is something we HAVE done thus far under the current regime. i'm more worried about these kinds of games than winning 3/4 or 4/5 against teams as an underdog (because while the home field will be nice against KU and MU, that's what 10 wins is going to take).

I will be more than ready to eat a Swanson Hungry Man size plate of crow if I'm wrong. :thumbsup:

15. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

14-0, 14-0, 14-0!!!

That will be our record the next three seasons. No, it's not premature to start talking about a 3-peat national title!:thumbsup:

4 out of 6 heismans coming too!:thumbsup:

16. MSBuff

MSBuff Well-Known Member

I sure wish you would think positive sometime. :smile:

Now make it come true for Leash and a whole lot more of us. OK team?:thumbsup:

17. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

Please put a cork in it. We have heard all this a million times, and haven't been a ranked team since 2002. I'd be delirious with 7 - 8 wins.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
    Unleash Hell likes this.
  18. Unleash Hell

We will win the national title 7 of the next 9 years, bank it! Bet your house on it!:thumbsup:

EDIT: I really hope you don't think I'm serious, but this is serious, we were ranked for several weeks in 2005. So you're wrong on 2002 being the last.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  19. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Yep. I could buy beer with the best of 'em! Well, except for my guilt trip stuff. It was hard to not act nervous. :lol:

20. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

hook, line, and sinker :lol:

21. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

The last time we were ranked at the end of the season was 2002. That's all that counts. Hopefully this will change soon.

22. Unleash Hell

well you didn't say that in the post, so excuuuuuuuse me!

23. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

My Bad, I don't count rankings till the end of the season. Remember the year we were ranked #1 at the beginning of the season under Neuheisel in 1997 and ended up 5 - 6.

24. CsquaredCC

CsquaredCC Well-Known Member

CU has 5 teams on it's schedule that were a combined 18-41 (TU, WYO, KSU, ISU, TAM) last year. If they can't squeeze out 6-7 wins and bowl game at a minimum from that lineup then there are serious problems.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  25. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Let's just go completely off of last year to predict next years record! Brilliant:rolleyes: lammie

26. CsquaredCC

Besides maybe TAM who looks any better? KSU actually looks worse, Iowa State's roster looks like a MAC school, and WYO is in the midst of a coaching change. Frankly, I have no idea about Toledo, but color me skeptical of the mighty Rockets turning the corner after a blistering 3-9 campaign in 2008.

27. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

...by The Sporting News (not AP/Coaches), with Hessler on the cover...

28. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I actually don't disagree with him too much. The Buffs have a favorable schedule this year. If we cannot win at least seven with that schedule, there are major issues.

29. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I agree completely. The schedule definitely works in CU's favor this year. Three difficult road games, and the rest are imminently winnable. Win one or two of the tough road games and you're sitting at a 10-win season. If the team is starting to finally gel like we're being told, winning in Morgantown and/or Stillwater shouldn't be out of the question.

30. CsquaredCC

The schedule and improved health will help and I think the Buffs will be improved. That said, CU will have to show me something on the field before I would go proclaiming 10 wins within reach. This is still basically the same team that won only two conference games against the league's worst squads last season (ISU and KSU) by a combined 5 points and was absolutely run off the field in Missouri by 58 points.

I just think at a minimum, given the schedule, you have to see 6-7 wins this season or things could get mighty surly in Boulder.