1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hawk quotes

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by UrbanaBuff, Oct 5, 2010.

1. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

I'll mock him in one, but compliment him in the other. In the first one, classic DH jibberish:

Hawkins called Beatty's play "obviously . . . huge - not just his penetration, but I think him kind of being able to see what was going on. You kind of see him week in, week out, he's just kind of got a non-stop motor and the ability to kind of dissect things and make plays . . . that's great for him that he got the award, he's a high energy guy."

:wtf:

But I'm glad to see him taking the field-storming in good humor. He's in no position to be a crabass about it.

"I guess there's always some security risks," he said before adding, "To me, it's just sort of become a tradition here a little bit . . . I think our student section is pretty dynamic and a big part of Folsom Field. I think it's become more of a tradition and a fun thing. And I hope it continues..."

:thumbsup:

2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

3. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Those are kind of good quotes....

4. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

when you unpack this statement, it's kinda dubious. ask the question why rushing the field has become a tradition? because wins are scarce and students are used to losing. when we were handling KU, KSU, ISU, MU etc. at home....no reason to rush the field. another game, another W. kids are thinking: "maybe this is the last time this year". better go now.

5. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

Any more Hawk love and the students only chance to rush the field after CU beats a BCS team is to rush it after the spring game.

6. 13Buff

13Buff Club Member Club Member

This sounds like some kind of drinking game.

7. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

[​IMG] Originally Posted by UrbanaBuff [​IMG]

"I guess there's always some security risks," he said before adding, "To me, it's just sort of become a tradition here a little bit . . . I think our student section is pretty dynamic and a big part of Folsom Field. I think it's become more of a tradition and a fun thing. And I hope it continues..."

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12

I read that article and thought "why would Talkins say its becoming a tradition" Then I came back down to earth and relized he's been saying stupid s*it since he got here.:wow:

8. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

[FONT=Cambria, serif]"I think there's so many games to play, a season to be played." -- Hawk
    [/FONT]