1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hawk says CU good fit for Pac-12

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by NashBuff, May 9, 2011.

1. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

2. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

:lol: When asked if he got a fair shot at CU he danced around it implying that he did not.

3. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Phony, delusional, everyone else is at fault....and on and on.

4. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Yea exactly, I pointed out the same thing in the other thread on this same topic.

5. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

I didn't hate hawk but I am starting too. Before I thought he was in over his head but I thought he knew it. But wouldn't quit because of Cody. But know I see that he honestly thinks that he is all that and a bag of chips. Insinuating that he was not given a fair shot is BS. 5 years and no winning seasons Dan. You suck. Everyone else had winning seasons at CU. Just you suck this bad. I am so glad that he is gone. The only thing I could hope for better would be that he take over NU and drive them into the ground. **** that sonaofabitch.

6. 66BUFF

66BUFF FTW Club Member

guess he never felt the DBT love that you tried to spread

7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Hawk will be Hawk. The good thing for us about that is that he doesn't believe in going negative as a personal philosophy. I'd be very surprised if we heard him badmouth the school, program or any of the people affiliated.

8. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

:lalala:

9. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

see, i don't agree with you Nik. i think he's running us under the bus. the guy is NOT a BCS level head coach....but the damning with faint praise...."there were some good people at CU, lot of good kids on that team (give it up to me)......gets old.

Embree was not my first choice, but Dan can screw off imo. he got a year he didn't deserve....no room to complain about getting a "fair shot". i shoot myself in the head next time i hear him talk about the boise playbook (last in the conference AGAIN in total O), the "formula", etc. the guy was a fraud.

10. LongHaulBuff

LongHaulBuff Club Member Club Member

Can we please stop with the threads that have anything to do with this douche!! Move on people.

11. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

100% agree with that statement.

While I don't ever expect to hear him say how great the CU job is or that he had everything he needed to win here, I don't expect to hear him say the opposite either.

12. leftybuff

I understand the sentiment, but I reserve the right to comment on the collossal failure that was D II Danny's tenure at CU...
    Agreed. D II will throw out backhanded compliments and insinuate CU could not appreciate the brilliance of winning one out of three games with the "winning attitude" of D II Danny and the Zen of Football...

13. LongHaulBuff

LongHaulBuff Club Member Club Member

I understand that. That is why I said please:smile2:

14. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

15. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

I don't know how anyone could possibly believe he was not given a fair shot. He can spout or imply that nonsense all he wants, but no one is gonna believe him. Even a Class A snake oil salesman like D2 isn't going to have much success peddling that BS.

P.S. I think he is trying to look like the good guy who is taking the high road by, as Mick put it, "damning with faint praise". I don't for one minute believe Danny boy cares about anything but himself and his enormous ego.

16. leftybuff

:lol:

17. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

I hear the lakers have an opening for a zen coach.

18. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

This is why I really don't see him ever coaching at a high profile university ever again. It's abundantly clear that he hasn't the first clue what he's doing. There isn't a college president or athletic director of a D-1 program that can't see him for the complete fraud that he is. If he honestly thinks he's going to coach again, he's more delusional than I thought he was.

19. leftybuff

I disagree, if Naropa ever fielded a team, D II would be the man...

20. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Notice I said "high profile" and "D-1".

He'd be fine at a little liberal arts college in California or Oregon where nobody really gives a damn what he does. His biggest problem at CU was that he was asked to turn the program around. He didn't have the first idea what it would take to turn a program around. He'd never been part of a turnaround before. He'd always been part of a successful program and he just kept it going with his witty comments and far-out zen mentality. When you're already used to winning, having a "not too high, not too low" mentality will work. When you're used to getting your head beat in to the tune of 58-0, you need a different approach. Danny couldn't ever figure that one out.

21. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

So, when he complains that his PhD thesis is too hard, will his professor yell, "This is the doctorate program! It ain't study hall!"

22. lvbuff

lvbuff Well-Known Member

This interview is what make Dan Hawkins a douche. He is a jerk off of the first magnitude.

23. neil29fp

neil29fp Club Member Club Member

I don't see the point of ripping Dan. What's done is done; let's move on. Best of luck in the future, Dan.

buffaloflyer likes this.
  24. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Would love to move on...if he simply rides off into the sunset with his many millions of dollars. If he continues to seek publicity, then many of us will continue to comment on the damage he did to the program.

25. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

The guy is a parody of how he wants people to think of him. He obviously can't coach, and he couldn't even do the little things right, as he had as many problems with student-athletes' behavior and academics as any coach in the country. Just an all-around, very expensive joke on CU.

26. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Didnt realize they played football in Stockholm. Learn something new everyday lol.

27. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Yep, we know it as soccer here in the states.