1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hawk says Tyler AND Cody may play against Kansas

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by SpacemanSpiff, Oct 13, 2009.

1. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

According to Ringo's blog.:wtf: This would be VERY disappointing. What happened to "Tyler is the man now."

Hopefully Tyler lights it up and this does not become an issue. He doesn't need to be (or think he is) on a short leash.

2. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Maybe hawk is just ****ing with KU?

3. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

:wtf:

Misty must of rejected the 'rusty trombone' after Coach Hawk benched her son.
    I fear that if Cody steps under center at any time Saturday he will get booed.

4. SpacemanSpiff

I'm hoping for that as well.

5. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

It better be TH for the entire game regardless of performance. If Juicebox pulls TH for anything other than injury all it tells me is the only reason TH went into the UT game was because we were down 3 TD's and he didn't want his boy to get hurt from the all out blitz UT was going to have the entire 4th quarter.

I hope TH goes out and plays a great game and we dont have to worry about this.

The problem is Juicebox has not made any decisions all year that have made any sense, I fully expect him to screw up the playing TH decision as well.

6. Buff fanatic

Buff fanatic Well-Known Member

gamesmanship. Barring injury, CH isnt playing.

7. 13Buff

13Buff Club Member Club Member

If Cody Plays at all (unless TH gets injured) after the OC said they are going with Tyler from here on out, there will be very little evidence that this situation is not nepatism.

This had better be gamesmanship on hawks part as others have said.

8. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

I was afraid of this. Hawkins is his own worst enemy....

It is not messing with Kansas because they will prepare for both of them anyway. The don't have much film on Hansen so they will have to study the CU offense with Cody running the show.

9. CUwhit21

CUwhit21 Club Member Club Member

:lol:

Lets just put a big wheel up in the booth with Kiesau and he can spin it to decide his personnel groupings. I'm pretty sure we'll be better with that.

10. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I feel terrible for TH in all this. 2 seasons he has had the redshirt burned now, but he is not given the same opportunity to succeed. Cody has played poorly for the past year, with a few exceptions. TH comes out and plays poorly (referring to last year) and he is immediately yanked.

Pisses me off

11. BlackNGold

12. Chilly

Chilly Well-Known Member

If this is truly what Hawkins is thinking, I have an issue. This is a repeat of last years mistake. You don't pull a kids redshirt to play him part time. Pick one and go with it. I have no problem sitting TH if he is not playing well, but the idea of rotating QB's is bad in my opinion.

13. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

even if gamesmanship. stupid. have some confidence in a single goddamn decision. this will cost us TH

1 person likes this.
  14. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

well, hopefully th is strong enough to not be worried about getting yanked for the smallest mistake. that's the problem when you do something like this. sometimes, your starter loses confidence and plays not to make mistakes because he's afraid he's going to get pulled at any second.

sweet! this staff cannot exit the campus fast enough for me now.

15. BlackNGold

Hawkins is sending a clear message - other players do not get the same consideration that Cody gets - I cannot help but think this has Hansen looking over his shoulder waiting to get yanked. Shows that coach Hawkins is full of BS. Earlier this year he said that pulling the starter can affect the starter's confidence.

16. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

17. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

guys guys guys wake the **** up!!!

The reason they say Cody will play is because he will play in mop up duty when we are up 49-7 in the 4th.:cool:

18. Buff fanatic

Just TH plays Saturday. Book it, Dan-0.

I guarantee...:thumbsup:

19. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i think they should both start and we use two footballs at the same time under two different centers with two different snap-counts. one shotgun and one smashmouth...that would really be "ahead of the curve" and fo' real junk in the trunk.

20. Darth Snow

agreed. so ****ing stupid. Couldn't even stick with it for 2 ****ing days. Putting the leash on hansen before even starts one ****ing game. Completely different treatment for TH then CH... Nepotism argument rears its ugly head after we finally thought it had been put to rest. Jesus ****ing christ hawk, get the **** OUT of boulder.

21. SpacemanSpiff

This is what I want to hear (minus the sinking part!). Thanks!

Tyler has earned a chance to show us what he can do. The last thing he needs, is to look over his shoulder the first time he throws a pick.

I am hopeful that he'll bring a spark to the offense and like Leash, I would not be unhappy at all if he gets pulled in the 4th quarter for mop up duty in a lopsided win.:thumbsup:

22. Darth Snow

even if this **** is fake.... I really don't like him putting out rope to use to pull TH if things get a bit rough. I just don't see how this is worth it. I mean, like its hard to gameplan for cody...

23. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

Wow, it's obvious Hawkins hasn't learned anything and still doesn't get it. The sooner he's gone the better!

24. PAHIBuff

PAHIBuff Club Member Club Member

Misti wept while gazing at the Flatirons and Cody stomped his feet and tore the head off a frog. Then Dan caved....

25. Buff fanatic

Why? I mean, I agree but TH is starting, finishing and playing the ENTIRE game barring injury. This is Hawk ****ing with KU (not sure how much this accomplishes that, but, thats what he's doing).

26. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

She better take a picture...if DH reinserts CH like he did last year, she won't be able to see them much longer because DH will be on a rail heading out of town...

27. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

That's all fine and dandy, but after last year and burning his RS again, what TH needs is a full, unabashed vote of confidence from DH, not this wishy washy bull**** that contradicts what they said yesterday.

If Tyler sucks we put Cody back in, but Cody sucked for 3 years and nothing. I didn't before, but now I believe it's nepotism at it's finest.

28. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

Cody will only be in when the Buffs are in the red zone. So he can pad his TD record. :thumbsup:

29. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

Stupid.

30. BlackNGold

That may be but his players are hearing this, fans, and Tyler Hansen. These sort of comments have to erode confidence on a lot of fronts. I just see this stuff hurting the team.