What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawk says Tyler AND Cody may play against Kansas

If Cody comes into the game after Tyler makes anything less than 4+ mistakes, I'm joining the fire Hawkins bandwagon. GOD ******. How does he base his thinking on Michigan State is starting to roll anyway? Does he know they were on par with us losing to Central Michigan I think the first week of the season. I'm sorry, but basing what you do on what a completely different team does is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Do you really think the players get there information from the paper and not straight from the coaches.

I can understand everyone's concern if this is truly what he is planning to do. I don't like it either.

BUT, if this is just to keep KU off balance then more power to him for keeping them guessing. I really don't think TH is reading the paper to find out what the KU game plan is.

Do you really think the coaches communicate that well with the players? There has been numerous stories of players being confused by what coaches tell them, and then what actually happens. If what you say is true and he's just messing with KU.. ok I guess, but if he didn't go to Tyler right after this press conference and tell him Cody won't see another snap this season barring injury, then he's the worst coach in D1.

Hawk is a complete idot. I can't believe this is actually being talked about at a press conference. WHAT A FREAKING JOKE! He has zero credibility. I thought this was a move to regain his locker room and now he back pedals into this completely stupid move. I just can't take him anymore. Please go away. This is totally unfair to ch and mostly TH. He says one thing and does another. What can this man be thinking?!?!?!? AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'M LOSING IT.

He's turned the CU Football program in a Pop Warner team; " I'm the coach dammit, and I will play my son whenever I dam well feel like it."

I tend to believe that Hansen will be the guy from here on out, but if Cody finds his way on to the field aside from an injury to Hansen, Hawk might as well start packing for a move. You cannot make it up as you go along in major college football.

There were several occasions last season when Hansen had the team rolling reasonably well and Hawkins brought Cody in the kill the drive once they were inside the other teams 30. If I see that, I'll have a heart attack.

Hawk is a complete idot. I can't believe this is actually being talked about at a press conference. WHAT A FREAKING JOKE! He has zero credibility. I thought this was a move to regain his locker room and now he back pedals into this completely stupid move. I just can't take him anymore. Please go away. This is totally unfair to ch and mostly TH. He says one thing and does another. What can this man be thinking?!?!?!? AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'M LOSING IT.

Yep, even if is just posturing to mess with Kansas it demonstrates an immense incompetence on Hawkins part.

He has a young QB coming in that does not have a lot of experience and instead of showing confidence in him to give him the best chance of success on the field. Instead he does the exact opposite and indicates that Hansen's status as the starter is not permanent.

And that is to say nothing of the reaction of the fans that such comments would illicit----which he should have been aware of if he had even half a clue.

This is another disappointing development in a season filled with them already.

I said before the WVU game I thought the next three games would make or break the season. It sure seems to me that will be the case. If we are understanding him correctly (and I think we are) his proud, stubborn refusal to make meaningful change will do a lot of damage to this team.

What else do you expect from a mediocre coach? If this is true, there could be a team mutiny. The quixotic coach continues to burn whatever is left of the program to the ground.

I remember when our resident idiot, seemed to not care that our shut-out streak came to an end. This only went to show how little he cares to make the fans happy. And now, he wonders why he's getting no support from the internet scum of the earth. Hawkins would make a good high school principle, as his abilities and demeanor are ill-suited for his current job requirements.

I saw Tyler Hansen walking up from the practice fields tonight when I was walking down after my intramural basketball game.

This is relevant information.

Wait, I thought Valdez replied to my post last weekend with an eyeroll smily when I said that Cody would keep playing similar to last year when TH came in...

This program is a joke thanks to the leadership... Not heading that way, it IS a joke right now and has been for over a month now.

"I'm playing for the job, I guess," Hansen said. "Right now, I want it to be like I'm not sharing any time. But if (playing two quarterbacks) is what they want and what the team needs, I'll do it.

Unless they got Tyler in on the tricking KU shenanigans, this absolutely enrages me. Breaking the kids confidence before he has even started a game this season, way to go Hawk.

"I'm playing for the job, I guess," Hansen said. "Right now, I want it to be like I'm not sharing any time. But if (playing two quarterbacks) is what they want and what the team needs, I'll do it.

Unless they got Tyler in on the tricking KU shenanigans, this absolutely enrages me. Breaking the kids confidence before he has even started a game this season, way to go Hawk.

I agree. This should have been 100% "we're behind you Tyler."
It wasn't. Pathetic.

Comment from the Camera article sums it up:
Dan Hawkins said that after further review of the Texas game film, it was determined that mistakes were made by other players that contributed to Cody Hawkins' more noticeable errors.

BDC:
Dan Hawkins said there are some positives to playing two quarterbacks.
"If you have two guys ready, you can kind of go with the hot-hand theory more, you know?" he said. "I do think sometimes for a guy to step away and look and see things from another perspective gives him a little better angle when he does get into the game. So there is that positive of it. You lose, to some degree, the continuity thing.
"Like I said, I've done it before. It probably causes me more angst than it does those guys. I had a big discussion with them and they were looking at me like, 'Why are you wasting our time with this? We're good. Let's go.'"

No, Dan.
They were looking at you like: you can say anything you like and change your mind tomorrow and do another 180, so why are we even talking about it?

So I guess this was complete bull**** from a few days ago ?

Eric Kiesau, CU's offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach, said the Buffs will not be "wishy-washy" about the starting quarterback the rest of the season. "You can't go back and forth. . . . Tyler is our quarterback."

This staff continues to amaze me with their lack of leadership.

So I guess this was complete bull**** from a few days ago ?

Eric Kiesau, CU's offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach, said the Buffs will not be "wishy-washy" about the starting quarterback the rest of the season. "You can't go back and forth. . . . Tyler is our quarterback."

This staff continues to amaze me with their lack of leadership.

I applaud Keisau for his comments.
That's how a coach should talk.

Dan Hawkins said that after further review of the Texas game film, it was determined that mistakes were made by other players that contributed to Cody Hawkins' more noticeable errors.
"See daddy, I told you the 12 passes I missed were someone else's fault." "I could have completed all 18 I threw if just a couple of little things were changed."

"It's ok sonny, it's ok, daddy will take care of everything."

daddy-boy-blond.jpg

"See daddy, I told you the 12 passes I missed were someone else's fault." "I could have completed all 18 I threw if just a couple of little things were changed."

"It's ok sonny, it's ok, daddy will take care of everything."

daddy-boy-blond.jpg

Juicebox always covering for Orangeslice

swish....:thumbsup: right on about that...funny how hawky always finds away to but blame on everyone else cept the qb play...and im sure just like hawky does with ds after he makes a good play th will come out cause hes shoestring came untied broke or whatever!!! and why doesnt he go with the hot hand with ds ?:deadhorse:

If this man truly runs 2 QB's then his nepotism is worse than I originally thought. The double standard is sickening.

This is the one decision he could have made that is actually worse than playing Cody exclusively for the rest of the year.

Last edited:

So, you think TH is a pussy? JK

Hey, competition is supposed to be a good thing, isn't it? I see nothing wrong whith what the coaching staff has said. Hawkins said that Hansen does not have to worry about the quick hook. Geez, you guys are frigging paranoid!!!!!!!!

Comment from the Camera article sums it up:

I dont think it was anyone elses fault that Cody threw to A-Wright with 4 Texas defenders right next to him. I dont think it was anyone elses fault that he threw a lob ball to McKnight and the UT defender saw that coming from a mile away.

I cant believe that this is actually a possibility. Hawkins mentality: if your a decent player, you screw up once, you ride the pine. See DS, TH, Simmons, Simas, WillJeff, AWright....he instills the mentality that unless you are related to him you get to make one mistake before you are done playing for the day

Well, at least we have competition at the QB position...of course, the competition is only opened when CH throws his fifty gajillioneth INT and gets benched for somebody else THEN the competition opens up so CH can get his job back.

Honestly, this makes me sick, if TH gets the hook, or has to share with CH, I'm gonna puke. We know what CH can, and more importantly, can't do. CH has had a rope longer than Ruffin McNeil's belt. I would like to see TH get HALF as much room to see what he can do.

As Bombay pointed out, TH would move the team at times, only to have CH come in in the red zone...nepotism, nah, no way.

Back