What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawk Show on AM 760 as we speak...

My silence will not quell the reality of the situation if he loses Friday night. But I will tone down my anger until OOC is over.

OK, I will Shut up until Friday night.

As will I. Neither one of us have much of a point until after Friday. I post to dispute everything you say. I can have my prediction be totally blown up and be a d-bag friday night. Think we both want whats best for the program, just two totally different ideas of how to get there. Im not arguing the long-term bull****. I WANT 7 or 8 THIS YEAR. We'll see Friday, until then, im beginning to even annoy me. Hope I'm right!!!:smile2:

His answer about stepping up and being fans was good. "Not your fathers Buffs. Laying the grounds for long-term success, I expect you to be there in the stands and demand we win every game, booing and saying derogatory things to players doesnt help. Lets not settle down, lets not make excuses, lets expect the best. BUT, we have to ALL do our part. We're going to win, we arent perfect. All the bantering does is hurt the program" etc, etc. If he wins 7 or 8 this year, its not popular to say, but, Im on board. Think that answer is EXACTLY right.

We were in the stands well before you got here, and will be long after you Hawk. Many of us have stuck up for you and the job you've done so far, despite the 13-25 record. We don't demand you win every game, but we do demand you quit blowing smoke up our ass. :pissed3:

Last thing regarding the radio show....the game wasnt sold out??? I literally thought they messed up and sold like 60,000 seats. People in the aisles, sitting on stairs?? If there were seats left, I dont know where.

You serious it was that bad?

I don't know it was THAT bad. I was maybe hoping for more humility, I think.

He comes off as smug.

He completely ignored the question about DS's injury status because the caller used the word 'internet'. Still no explanation as to why he said DS was nicked and Hagan said DS was fine.

He did say, at least I heard, that he's happy if the punt returner catches the ball. That returns are a bonus, and really, because of the rules, we shouldn't expect returns.

Usual answer about Cody and Hansen.

Finished up with a good/bad rant. Good in that he called for support from the fans, and rightfully so, shouldn't be booing and insulting the players. What bothered me was the "we're building a foundation" statement. He's 4 years in, there better be a foundation in place, and we better start seeing something Friday.

Also the "we're not your fathers buffs" I kind of took that as laying the basis for an excuse. If the team is losing scholarships because of APR problems, it falls directly on him as HC. Others took that as pushing a realization on people. Kind of open to interpretation though.

We were in the stands well before you got here, and will be long after you Hawk. Many of us have stuck up for you and the job you've done so far, despite the 13-25 record. We don't demand you win every game, but we do demand you quit blowing smoke up our ass. :pissed3:

or made to feel like the enemy becuase we question the product on the field.

I really hope he turns this around. A few more losses in the next 3 games and what he has seen so far will look like a picnic in comparison.

He comes off as smug.

He completely ignored the question about DS's injury status because the caller used the word 'internet'. Still no explanation as to why he said DS was nicked and Hagan said DS was fine.

He did say, at least I heard, that he's happy if the punt returner catches the ball. That returns are a bonus, and really, because of the rules, we shouldn't expect returns.

Finished up with a good/bad rant. Good in that he called for support from the fans, and rightfully so, shouldn't be booing and insulting the players. What bothered me was the "we're building a foundation" statement. He's 4 years in, there better be a foundation in place, and we better start seeing something Friday.

Also the "we're not your fathers buffs" I kind of took that as laying the basis for an excuse. If the team is losing scholarships because of APR problems, it falls directly on him as HC. Others took that as pushing a realization on people. Kind of open to interpretation though.

:yeahthat:

Last thing regarding the radio show....the game wasnt sold out??? I literally thought they messed up and sold like 60,000 seats. People in the aisles, sitting on stairs?? If there were seats left, I dont know where.

Lots of people (me and the 7 people I was with) buy regular tix and migrate to the student section. That's why the student section seems so packed.

Oh, and having to start a 'on your feet' chant in the student section is ****ing laaaaaame. What is with these kids?

This guy sounds like Callahan. I'm the f***ing coach and I'm smarter than all of you so shut the **** up and don't question me. Beginning of the end my friends, beginning of the end. :huh: I don't envy the next 12 months for you fans.

He comes off as smug.

:dito:

I'm sure most college football coaches share Hawks opinion about call in radio shows. I mean come on. Have you heard some of the questions this guy has heard over the years?

LOL I'm out in Cali, I usually just read the transcripts. His tone and hearing him speak really drive home the smigness I've heard about.
I noted this, along with other people here, that Hawkins is tired of dealing with the media. I mean really tired of it, and he's isn't doing a good job of hiding it these days. It's been like this since spring ball. jmho.

I noted this, along with other people here, that Hawkins is tired of dealing with the media. I mean really tired of it, and he's isn't doing a good job of hiding it these days. It's been like this since spring ball. jmho.

it is hawkins job to deal with the media.

just like it is hawkins job to work the officials when one of his guys is laid out on the field from a helmet to helmet hit.

hawk needs to show some ****ing emotion on the sidelines.

hawk needs to become a warrior just like he preaches.

this ain't ****ing intramurals brutha...this is the ****ing big xii...

:sad2:

I'm sure most college football coaches share Hawks opinion about call in radio shows. I mean come on. Have you heard some of the questions this guy has heard over the years?

Yeah, I'm sure it's not at the top of their list. Can't really fault them.

What really gets me though, more than anything he said, was his answer about punt returns. Maybe it's stupid to focus on that. But what I heard in that answer was: it's too tough so don't really expect anything

What I'd like to hear is: Yeah, things teams are doing are making punt returns more difficult, but we're working on ways to counter some of that, and practicing some new thing to try to get something going,

What amazes me is he acts like fans are supposed to go "oh well, we're building for long term success, if we win so be it if not ho-hum".

Some questions are lame but he better find some rah rah because his bend over approach isn't working.

He should have thought about that before he took the job. He would be eating up the attention if he was winning.

What amazes me is he acts like fans are supposed to go "oh well, we're building for long term success, if we win so be it if not ho-hum".

Some questions are lame but he better find some rah rah because his bend over approach isn't working.
I'm sure Hawkins could care less what the fans think. It's his job to get his team ready to play. You know what I mean?

My silence will not quell the reality of the situation if he loses Friday night. But I will tone down my anger until OOC is over.

No, your silence won't change the reality of the situation. Your posts don't either. Nothing any of us says here changes the reality of the situation. You can type until your fingers bleed, but it doesn't mean you're going to wake up tomorrow and find Hawk magically gone... :cool:

it is hawkins job to deal with the media.

just like it is hawkins job to work the officials when one of his guys is laid out on the field from a helmet to helmet hit.

hawk needs to show some ****ing emotion on the sidelines.

hawk needs to become a warrior just like he preaches.

this ain't ****ing intramurals brutha...this is the ****ing big xii...

:sad2:

All this talk about emotions would some how change our views on Hawkins is funny to me. If he was yelling at the top of his lungs and storming around, all the people here would talk about how "Hawk can't handle the pressure" and "Hawk looks like a fool out there". Please.

All this talk about emotions would some how change our views on Hawkins is funny to me. If he was yelling at the top of his lungs and storming around, all the people here would talk about how "Hawk can't handle the pressure" and "Hawk looks like a fool out there". Please.

No one said he had to run around like a lunatic.

Back