What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawk Show on AM 760 as we speak...

It doesn't bother me one bit how Hawkins interacted with the officials following the non-call on the Elijah-Blu - McKnight helmet to helmet collision. A rant wouldn't have accomplished anything after the fact.

Hawk has had plenty of time this week to review the film, quote the rule book, and otherwise administratively rub the noses of the officiating crew in their mistake.

Hawkins going all emo on the refs just to spark his players would be just as disinginious as telling the fans that a national championship is just around the corner.

This point about not displaying adequate emotion is one of those deck chairs on the Titanic things.

The bigger issue is that Hawkins did not adequately get his team ready to play right out of the gates. By the time McKinght got clocked, it would have been too little, too late.

excellent... i agree with you about not having the players ready. and that is not all on hawk. his staff enjoys equal retribution for that one.

what you are saying is that once the plan is in place it should be on auto-pilot and should run smoothly without any adjustment.

bull****.

the game moves in a dynamic way. the coaches need to respond to the dynamics. they need to work the players, the officials, and the crowd. they need to make adjustments to respond to situations as they come up.

i'm not seeing that to this point. and that is killing us.

That's not what I'm trying to say. I'm sure Hawkins will interject when needed, but if he's losing, we as fans will always say he needed to do more.

But you're right. If he doesn't do it when needed, he'll lose the locker room. Then he's ****ed.
I think you are right. But this is desperation time now for Hawk. He needs two convincing wins in the next two games, and a respectable showing against WVU, or he is done.

Now is the time for him to step it up and throw away the delegation. His future is depending on it....

Or, he will get a buyout and head to Scottsdale, never to coach again (oops, a GB reference...).

Not exactly. That play occurred with the score 20-10 with about 9 minutes remaining in the third quarter. If the catch is upheld, and the penalty assessed, CU has the ball on something like the 8 yard line and has first and goal. Score there and it's 20-17 with more than 20 minutes of football to be played.
But it seemed like the momentum shifted to CSU's side permanently after that.

Not exactly. That play occurred with the score 20-10 with about 9 minutes remaining in the third quarter. If the catch is upheld, and the penalty assessed, CU has the ball on something like the 8 yard line and has first and goal. Score there and it's 20-17 with more than 20 minutes of football to be played.
Agreed...that could have changed everything. In the old days, we would have made that play (or gotten some other break), and somehow pullled it out.

\You make some great points but we've heard this speech from hawk before. I want to believe in what he says but after another bad loss he usually starts bringing this stuff up and people think everything will be just fine.

I hope we go out and smoke toledo friday , but if we don't he'll have a hard time selling this to recruits with the losses piling up.

We all said before the season that getting to a bowl game would be a success for this team. We laid an egg and lost to CSU. Its embarrassing but its not the end of the season. I'm willingly to see a few more games before I get a complete read on this team.. I still thought we had the same problems as last year going into the season on offense but was hoping the OL play would allow us to run the ball more/better. Obviously after game one, it doesn't look promising.

I think we'll beat Toledo..

Is Dan Hawkins telling me that Jim Tressel, a man known for his very calm and reserved nature, would tolerate Michigan coming into the horseshoe, embarassing his football team and allowing their fans to rush his field and stomp on his logo without recognzing the magnitude of the game or understanding what that feels like to a loyal fanbase?

Dan - we Buffs fans will tollerate and even understand a loss here and there, but the way that you're shurgging off a loss in a game that you yourself recognized as a major rivalry game and very important to the fan base is weak. Not only did they embarass our team on the field, they knocked one of our best/favorite players out of the game and let csu fans run onto and disrespect our field. The fact that you've taken no responsibility for the things you're responsible for (game/opponent prep, play callng, playing time *Darrell Scott, ahem*, clock/timeout management, I could keep going) is what has this fanbase pissed off so early into the season.
Exactly.....well said.

MonkeyBallsItchcopy.jpg

I'm not trying to make this a wrong or right argument. I'm just saying that Hawk would take the same heat he is now even if he was a Gruden type of coach.

Look at Bzdelik. That guy looks like he's ready to bust a gasket on the sidelines. But he's still receiving a lot of heat for not winning.

There's a difference here V. Bzdelik will go head to head with a ref in defense of his players. Now I'm not saying that Hawk hasn't before, or won't in the future. But he didn't after one of his players was knocked out of the game for awhile by an illegal hit. In fact that same player had a concussion and was still allowed to return to the game. Not sitting well with some of us.

There's a difference here V. Bzdelik will go head to head with a ref in defense of his players. Now I'm not saying that Hawk hasn't before, or won't in the future. But he didn't after one of his players was knocked out of the game for awhile by an illegal hit. In fact that same player had a concussion and was still allowed to return to the game. Not sitting well with some of us.

Hawk should go up in the press box, nobody would notice.

Hawk should go up in the press box, nobody would notice.
I would...Maybe we would get in return an engaged person running the damn sideline. He is a friggin joke. He must be humming Dead songs instead of paying attention to the game. Has a Hawk team ever effectively made adjustments during a game? (That is a rhetorical question).

Did your coach take fault in anything during the radio show? Like Coloradosker stated earlier...Callahan was a **** tard who acted like he was better than anyone else, and how dare you question his ****ty game tactics. Just curious if Hawkins took any blame for the teams last performance. Billy Boy never did!

Did your coach take fault in anything during the radio show? Like Coloradosker stated earlier...Callahan was a **** tard who acted like he was better than anyone else, and how dare you question his ****ty game tactics. Just curious if Hawkins took any blame for the teams last performance. Billy Boy never did!
Nice comparison, unfortunately...and quite the opposite of the new Oregon coach....

Back