What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawk supposed to be interviewed on AM 1510

When you have four losing seasons in a row it really doesn’t matter what you say.

Talk is cheap.

What would really change if he said “it’s all on me”?

He gets paid millions to win and he’s not winning.

Results speak for themselves.

Ask some tougher question chicken ****s. Hawk avoiding the problems as usual and not being accountable. Dan, your a doosh.

callers are mad! Too bad we can't these guys to call the Hawk show

So if people gave more money, we wouldn't do ESPN games when we can get them, just for the national exposure? :huh:

Am I misremembering, or didn't Okie Lite have the same schedule we did for that game? With the loss of their starting QB thrown into the mix to deal with? And they still won the game, somehow??

This interview is making me livid, and I haven't heard a single word of it..... :sad2:

Wainaminnit. If Boone Pickens can't give enough money for a ranked OSU team to play on Saturday, what hope does CU have?

Yeah it was. I mean, I don't know much about the inner workings of a college football staff meeting, but I'd venture to guess that it could have waited a minute or two while he gave a quick answer and let them know he had to go.

Seemed like a crappy way to duck out of an interview he didn't like. Seemed similar to how he dodged out of an interview with Alfred on 104.3 a while back.

:lol: You guys are harsh. BTW, the "going for '10" or "getting ready for '10" thing was referring to 2010, not wins.

As for leaving early, I'd almost guarantee the station told him 10 minutes. They usually have to break at the bottom of the hour. So if it bugs them that he had to go when his ten minutes was up, well, thats too bad.

So the way I see it, everyone on this board wants Hawkins to say, "Yeah, gee, well, I suck at this coaching thing. It is all my fault that we had such a crappy year." That ain't going to happen.

:lol: You guys are harsh. BTW, the "going for '10" or "getting ready for '10" thing was referring to 2010, not wins.

As for leaving early, I'd almost guarantee the station told him 10 minutes. They usually have to break at the bottom of the hour. So if it bugs them that he had to go when his ten minutes was up, well, thats too bad.

So the way I see it, everyone on this board wants Hawkins to say, "Yeah, gee, well, I suck at this coaching thing. It is all my fault that we had such a crappy year." That ain't going to happen.
Remember when The coach up the road took responsibillity after going 3 and 9 this year? This was discussed a bit on the show...

Wonder why Hawk can't even come close to that/>

Remember when The coach up the road took responsibillity after going 3 and 9 this year? This was discussed a bit on the show...

Wonder why Hawk can't even come close to that/>
Well, I'd say that he does take responsibility. He just doesn't want to shout it out to the world. But I'm sure that he knows that it is all on him and he has to improve. Maybe Joel should have asked him point blank if he does feel responsible, but he didn't.

Why wouldn't Dan start his son next year even if he doesn't deserve to? He clearly won't lose his job no matter what he does.

If Cody plays next year and has a poor performance at Folsom, things will get very, very ugly IMO.

Hopefully it doesn't play out like this. Tyler needs to start next year.

I wouldn't say that. What I wanted to hear was something other than the excuse of Hawk having so much on his plate. Or having to go out on speaking engagements 5 times a month. Or how if we didn't have such cheap alumni, we wouldn't have to play on Thursdays and Sundays, which might have cost us wins.

What I wanted to hear was some honest talk about what he's doing to improve the W/L record. I wanted to hear why we can't win on the road under him. I wanted to hear why expectations were so high for '09 and we fell so far short.

Not exactly. If Hawkins would show a little humility, some self depricating humor, and combine that with a frank assessment of his own performance, that would be a good start. It's all about accountability.

Well, I'd say that he does take responsibility. He just doesn't want to shout it out to the world. But I'm sure that he knows that it is all on him and he has to improve. Maybe Joel should have asked him point blank if he does feel responsible, but he didn't.

Does he have to improve?

I understand your support of hawk, I do. But you have to admit, the guy uses more words to say nothing this side of the US Senate. Half of his answers left me saying what the hell does that have to do with the question. He doesn't answer most of the time, just spouts BS cliches or hints that there are things he can't say that are really causing the problems.

He just comes across as a BS excuse machine. Maybe he isn't but that what he sounds like to me.

Why wouldn't Dan start his son next year even if he doesn't deserve to? He clearly won't lose his job no matter what he does.

If Cody plays next year and has a poor performance at Folsom, things will get very, very ugly IMO.

Hopefully it doesn't play out like this. Tyler needs to start next year.

I truly believe Hawk would consider starting Cody. :wow:

:lol: He doesn't want to shout it out to the world. How about just telling the people who invest in cu football. Why should anyone have to ask him, other coaches get it, hawk never will.

I understand your support of hawk, I do. But you have to admit, the guy uses more words to say nothing this side of the US Senate. Half of his answers left me saying what the hell does that have to do with the question. He doesn't answer most of the time, just spouts BS cliches or hints that there are things he can't say that are really causing the problems.

He just comes across as a BS excuse machine. Maybe he isn't but that what he sounds like to me.
I support Hawk because he is the HC and I want him to succeed. This ripping of him in the media and by us fans is counterproductive to the team. I do not like the way he speaks. I wish he came across better. One thing to remamber, though, is that Klatt and Kreckman have been ripping him a new asshole all year. I'm sure that he knew that. So I think it was at least pretty stand up of him to go on with them. He also was probably in defense mode going into the interview.

I support Hawk because he is the HC and I want him to succeed. I do not like the way he speaks. I wish he came across better. One thing to remamber, though, is that Klatt and Kreckman have been ripping him a new asshole all year. I'm sure that he knew that. So I think it was at least pretty stand up of him to go on with them. He also was probably in defense mode going into the interview.

I want him to succeed too. I also want to win the lottery. I think both have about the same chance.

I'm sure Hawk was in defensive mode, he barely let them finish their questions because he was probably scared to death they were going to try to let him have it. He ducked out early because he's been around long enough to know the tough questions come at the end. I'll give him a gold star on his juicebox for at least showing up. Maybe he can get a Klatt and Kreckman participation badge.

I no longer believe he can get it done. While I hope he has success, I serioulsy doubt he will. Make me eat crow Hawk.

I support Hawk because he is the HC and I want him to succeed. This ripping of him in the media and by us fans is counterproductive to the team. I do not like the way he speaks. I wish he came across better. One thing to remamber, though, is that Klatt and Kreckman have been ripping him a new asshole all year. I'm sure that he knew that. So I think it was at least pretty stand up of him to go on with them. He also was probably in defense mode going into the interview.
I do give him big props for doing the interview. He had to know it would be slightly hostile, especially given his "burned to the ground" comment and Klatt being one of the interviewers.

Like you, I wish he came across better. I have a feeling that the Boise press, fans, and expectations didn't prepare Hawk for CU. And that he's working his way through how to respond to failed expectations. Clearly, he's not doing that part very well.

All he does is make excuses. He describes the things that are normal responsibilities for a D1 football coach as if they require some kind of herculian effort. Dan, if you aren't up for the job, resign.

Back