1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hawk video from today (i think)

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buff fanatic, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Buff fanatic

Buff fanatic Well-Known Member

I know anything he says will be torn to shred sentence by sentence, but, doesnt sound like he's given up or accepting the losing to me. Whether or not he can do anything about it is a different story. But, I've heard here several times he seems pretty complacent. I dont think thats true.
    http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=204780722

2. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

you can tell he is mad....

3. canbuff

canbuff New Member

yeah more mad at the media than at the state of his football team...

4. Buff fanatic

Buff fanatic Well-Known Member

He's not sleeping because of the media??

5. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Dude needs to grow thicker skin. The pressure from media and the fan base isn't gonna get any easier.

6. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

So, you don't think the pressure is self imposed. I mean, I'm pretty sure he expects to do better regardless of what the fans and media say or think.

7. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

I'm sure it is self-imposed, but that's not my point. He's been standoffish towards the media and fans since winter time. Now he's giving this, 'I'm the coach, you're the fan, you don't know what you're talking about,' vibe(troo). It's not healthy for him or the program in the long run.

8. BroncoBuff

BroncoBuff New Member

The most embarrasing part was clock management ... he has only himself to blame for that.

That's so humiliating - the clock is running down and we're getting called for too much time :puke:

9. LABuffalo

LABuffalo Member

Wow! The media is absolutely afraid to ask him questions. Squawk is wound up like a top and is about to go off.

10. NYbuffDIEHARD

NYbuffDIEHARD Active Member

Was he drunk? red faced, glasses on at dusk....

Maybe he has turned to the bottle to get him through these tough times.

Seriously though, this game is soooo important, if we lose this there is no way in a million years we get to a bowl game this year.

11. Denver_sc

Denver_sc Club Member Club Member

He looks and sounds like a guy ready to just lose it. It was creepy, but in that video he acted like Barny right before the Hnida comments. I think he's starting to realize that he's bit off a little more than he can chew. I hope that's not the case, but if he doesn't start winning soon, he's going to lose the team, recruits, and the fan base.

I hate to say it, but I'm starting to wonder if Sunday was the beginning of a long spiral.

And, you're right, the clock management was attrocious. We don't use ANY TOs in the first half, and then all of them with more than 6 minutes to go in the second half. The first half was embarrassing to me, because Hawk effectively said, "we're playing not to be down by more than 20-3 at half," not, "Let's see if we can score with an effective 2 minute drill." The second half was just piss-poor preperation by the players.

12. Kameltosis

Kameltosis Well-Known Member

Dude...wouldn't you be? Look at that haircut!

13. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

He seemed the same to me, nothing notable IMO.

14. buffalo30

buffalo30 Active Member

Is this the part of the interview when they asked him about people who discuss Colorado football on internet sites?

(no profanity, but don't have your speakers too loud)

http://www.rleeermey.com/sounds/scum.wav

15. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

This

16. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

I want him fired up! I want more of the coach that was railing about the intramurals kind of fire.

I hate the standoffish approach right now. I know it is a result of a lot of things, and maybe I am too senstive because of the buttmonkey we have coaching the donkeys this year. Just don't like that approach...unless their is a lot of success backing it up.

Here's to that success starting tonight!