What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawkbree recruiting

Alfred91

Chicks dig scars.
Club Member
I'm just rolling it up into one at this point.

I had a delusion that maybe the last regime was able to bring in more talent than the one previous, and that the problem was coaching them up, but it seems obvious at this point that we're outmanned at almost every position.

I'm not sure I'm on board with everyone as to how terrible OSU is, but there's no doubt they're mid-conference at best, and we just seemed outclassed. I also think that the layoff did kill us, but it wasn't like we would have been in the game late had this game been played a week after UCA.

This staff is going to have to work very hard to get in the kind of talent to get us even to the level of competing with the mid-conference teams, to say nothing of the elites.

Wasn't going to turn around in one year. Buffs are below average at every skill position on offense with the exception of Richardson.

Just the skill positions? We lack good linemen on both sides. For the ones we have that are good, they are double teamed on D and failed by having a cohesive unit on O. We need a true safety, not sold on Orms and never really have been. From the looks of it today CB is the only position we are competent in along with a bright spot in Adkins.

Gillam might end up being a great player at some point, but the only players I see that are above average are PRich and CUD. Gillam and Adkins have the potential, but they're just freshman. There are maybe a few more guys that you could say are average, but the vast majority of them are below average, in a conference where most of the teams have above average talent.

The few freshman that have earned significant playing time are Mac's guys. You can see what type of players he recruits and they are paying dividends. Lets see what he does with a class that is all his guys. He was getting some good players to go to SJSU, should be able to get some ballers at CU with the caliber of our university (conference, competition, academics, athletics, facilities, location)

thanks hawkbree ! you left maybe a handful of players. Only two or three of them helping out. When recruiting look for those with the mindset of "losing not acceptable" and have a touch of the mean streak.

Back