What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawkins BS bingo

Bagging on Hawkins right now has no good outcome.

Exposing a con artist is never a bad idea. That's all Hawkins is - a con artist. I'll continue to expose his con until he's no longer employed by the University of Colorado. A legit coach doesn't come out and say "we just have to work on a few little things and we'll be right there". That's pure garbage. A real coach comes out and says "We were/are deficient in areas x,y,and z. It's my job and the job of the other coaches to fix those deficiencies. We're going to put special emphasis on correcting those issues."

I've never heard Hawk say anything remotely close to this. It's always "we just have to work on a couple things", or "we're really close". It's sickening. If you don't like it, tough. I'm not going to apologize for calling a spade a spade.

@Sacky.

Yes, I like your idea and am building on it. That's a good list you have going.

Instead of Bingo, I'm proposing a drinking game.

Some Hawkisms require a sip. Others require a chug.

Here's a few sip-worthy additions.

...thrown into the fire
any sentence that begins with "Well...[pause].." or "Geee..." or "Sheesh..."
any time he answers a question directed at him in the second person singular..."You need to" or "You are going to" or "You want to"

Any time he talks in existential terms. "In life..." or "big picture" or "this is what it's all about"

Chug worthy phrases

Any references to Tao or Zen or Tony Robbins (Be not the target but the bow. Don't try to win, be a winner)

Any references that include historical figures, alive or dead. Nelson Mandela, Winston Churchill, ect.

Any time he attempts to gain credibility with loose references to other coaches that are calling him to offer support or ask questions.

Any time he makes divisive comments towards the fan base. ("Real Buffs wear black and gold" . "If you aren't a coach...". "You haven't taken risks".. "You aren't a parent." "Burned to the ground"

LOL....I don't post a lot on here but, I absolutely love to read what you guys say. sackman, you crack me up! I love it

Maybe a con artist, maybe not...

From Plati:

"In 2009, upperclassmen, juniors and seniors, started just 55.7 percent of CU’s 12 games; that’s the lowest figure in the last 26 years, besting the
previous low of 58.3 percent in 2003 (precise information is available back to 1999 and rough data eye-balled back to 1984). Of the 264 starts, 57 have been
by seniors, 90 by juniors, 89 by sophomores and 28 by freshmen (24 redshirt/4 true)."

I prefer to hope for the best because there is no upside to "exposing a con artist" since his record speaks for itself.

Exposing a con artist is never a bad idea. That's all Hawkins is - a con artist. I'll continue to expose his con until he's no longer employed by the University of Colorado. A legit coach doesn't come out and say "we just have to work on a few little things and we'll be right there". That's pure garbage. A real coach comes out and says "We were/are deficient in areas x,y,and z. It's my job and the job of the other coaches to fix those deficiencies. We're going to put special emphasis on correcting those issues."

I've never heard Hawk say anything remotely close to this. It's always "we just have to work on a couple things", or "we're really close". It's sickening. If you don't like it, tough. I'm not going to apologize for calling a spade a spade.

You don't have to apologize for anything. Hawk is full of ****. People think it's going to turn around this season? He's saying the same moronic things he's said from day one. CU is soft, hawk made them soft and the entire program has the same ho-hum attitude and no sense of pride or urgency to win.

@Sacky.

Yes, I like your idea and am building on it. That's a good list you have going.

Instead of Bingo, I'm proposing a drinking game.

Some Hawkisms require a sip. Others require a chug.

Here's a few sip-worthy additions.

...thrown into the fire
any sentence that begins with "Well...[pause].." or "Geee..." or "Sheesh..."
any time he answers a question directed at him in the second person singular..."You need to" or "You are going to" or "You want to"

Any time he talks in existential terms. "In life..." or "big picture" or "this is what it's all about"

Chug worthy phrases

Any references to Tao or Zen or Tony Robbins (Be not the target but the bow. Don't try to win, be a winner)

Any references that include historical figures, alive or dead. Nelson Mandela, Winston Churchill, ect.

Any time he attempts to gain credibility with loose references to other coaches that are calling him to offer support or ask questions.

Any time he makes divisive comments towards the fan base. ("Real Buffs wear black and gold" . "If you aren't a coach...". "You haven't taken risks".. "You aren't a parent." "Burned to the ground"

how about "we were only _________ plays from ___________......."?

How about "I wanna know where the gold at."

Have you guys seen what losing has done to him? I'm sure he is seeing leprechauns in trees.

Coach Mac just confirmed that your a total douchebag there sacky on Klatt and Johnson's radio show....

He said "This is Hawks 5th year. Coaches deserve a fifth year. Hawk has all his players now. The fans need to support and rally around the Buffs and Hawk. Support the Buffs but they need to show results this year"

Give it a rest.
Mac has apparently changed his first opinion. He originally said 4 years, but what do you expect? He's not going to make any negative statements about Hawkins. He never mentioned before that " they need to show results". Worst possible scenario Hawk wins 6 games, we go to the Weedeater Bowl, and he's back to finish his contract.
pin_hayward..jpg
From Russia with love?

Hawk was talking about the Texas Rangers as an example? He says it isn't about winning or losing with them but getting excellence out of each guy? No Hawk, they are concerned with winning, see CLIFF LEE SIGNING. See HAWK, it's about winning, wake up and look around. This is why nobody believes in him, he doesn't believe in winning.

Hawk was talking about the Texas Rangers as an example? He says it isn't about winning or losing with them but getting excellence out of each guy? No Hawk, they are concerned with winning, see CLIFF LEE SIGNING. See HAWK, it's about winning, wake up and look around. This is why nobody believes in him, he doesn't believe in winning.

Oh, hell. We need to put something on the Bingo sheet about "it's not about winning". Can't believe that got left off.

Oh, hell. We need to put something on the Bingo sheet about "it's not about winning". Can't believe that got left off.

It's mind boggling that he believes this, bad part is, he's got his team believing it too. :wtf:

Tons of respect for Mac. Why? Because he got it done. But really, when have you EVER heard a coach say anything but another coach deserves more time? I've said it before, if it were up to the coaches, Gerry Faust would still be driving the bus at ND.

What else is Mac going to say four and a half weeks before the season starts?

:yeahthat:

The coaches are like a brotherhood, they're not gonna come out and criticize other coaches, and they're especially not gonna criticize a coach who's at a school where the coach doing the talking has also coached at.

Back