1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hawkins call in show...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by leftybuff, Sep 30, 2009.

1. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I listened last night. One caller. Virtually no information other than the never-ending "It's gonna pop" mantra. Oh yeah, "avoiding gashers" is the new catch phrase.:rolleyes:

Thoughts?

2. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I didn't listen but I kinda figured that is what he was going to say. I don't really see what he can say to make people happy when he is 1-2, so he may as well try and stay positive for his team.

3. leftybuff

Mostly it was the we're having great practices, we're a great group of guys, I'm thankful for the opportunity to mentor these guys babble. That is all well and good, but he is the FB coach, not a social worker. It always blows me away how these coaches are very well paid to win, and then when they don't they morph into mentors, teachers, father figures...anything but a guy judged on their W-L record.

I'm still not calling fo Hawk to be fired, but he's so far in the hole, it would take a miracle run to end the season with me feeling like he is the guy to lead the program.

4. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

What exactly do fans expect with these call in shows? It's pretty much the same at every school.

5. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

So what should he say to fill the time during the radio show?

6. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I expect to hear about when we'll see about something

7. leftybuff

That's my point, it's the call-in show, they don't appear to be taking calls anymore, it's all pablum. Why listen if you aren't going to get some info about the team?

8. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

Remember when everyone made fun of Barnett in 2000 when his team had lost the first 4 games on a tough schedule and GB after a blow out loss to KSU threatened to take the decals off the Helmets because the players were not worthy of them the way they had been playing. CU went into college station and beat a 3-1 aggie team that was pretty good.

You don't always have to act like everything is okay and the effort is good enough. I guess I would like Hawkins to acknowledge some of the problems. As fans we see problems and I believe Hawkins dismissal of fan concerns smacks of arrogance. Fans are upset with the performance this season and Hawkins seems happy with it.

9. leftybuff

I'd agree with what you say. He just comes off like, we're doing everything right and we'll just keep plodding along. When he starts saying how all these coaches around the country are calling him and saying everything is just right (he mentioned Greg Schiano by name), it just hits me the wrong way.

10. ThndringHerd

ThndringHerd Well-Known Member

The 'avoiding gashers' thing is actual football talk... I think. It's why Burney moved to safety. Great move all around. If our OLB's can do a better job of holding the corner on run plays, we'll get to watch some good defense this year.

The rest sounds like the same old slop

[​IMG]

11. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

:lol:

I noticed that DBT picked up on Hawk and the "gashers" phrase after the Toledo game.

12. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

could it be that setting up gashers is what the non-gashers are all about, Dan? i mean that's how guys like McCartney, Osborne, and Switzer set up big plays.

big play offenses like Toledo's don't happen in a vacuum.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  13. leftybuff

Wow. I actually would feel better if they were screening out the calls. One call? What if they gave a war and nobody came? is the movie title that leaps to mind. I said after Toledo, CU's biggest opponent was apathy. I may have been right.:huh:

14. 13Buff

13Buff Club Member Club Member

One call that asked a question Hawk wanted to answer. No one is going to call if they can't ask the question they want answered.

15. Kameltosis

Kameltosis Well-Known Member

sweeeeeet. CU Sports employee email.

Mwahahahahahahaha :devil:

16. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

i wanna see the phone records! one of you lawyers wanna file a FOIA request with koa?

17. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

His email is public.

18. Kameltosis

Kameltosis Well-Known Member

yeah i was just kiddin round