What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawkins in way over his head, needs to go now for the good of the program.

2.6 team GPA may work for Hawk. but, as an educator mahself, 2.6 is junk. Lol ****.

not even a C+ average. the team grade average we've heard so much about.

you have to try to fail at CU.

I never had much problem with it.

OU,UT, Florida, Alabama, U$C, etc. figure out how to get their talented kids on the field and playing effectively. This is what they call coaching. Coaching is not throwing your hands up and putting a guy on the bench while you play somebody who is going to get physically dominated no matter how well he knows his assignments and how much he hustles.]

MTN: I agree that DH has failed to get the talented kids coached up and ready to play. All I was saying is that I don't think he is playing less effective players over more effective players. DS simply wasn't doing very well on the field and Speedy was. DH wasn't an idiot for playing Speedy.

Given the problems CU has had with the OL and QB, the margin of error is very slim for the skill players. WRs who don't run precise routes and block effectively can't help this team, nor can RBs who can't follow their blocks or protect the QB on pass plays. I don't blame Dan for playing WRs and RBs who execute their assignments, even if they don't have the most upside potential. (It actually works out once in a while: Scotty is a walk-on who is technically sound and incredibly productive despite his lack of five-star speed.)

Dan is responsible for a lot of what's gone wrong with this team and he likely will be fired this year or next as a result. I don't quarrel with that result. I do, however, disagree with those who come up with conspiracy theories like he chooses to play bad players over good players or that he played his kid over an obviously better QB.

Speedy has proven that he belongs on the field as has Scotty as a walk-on. I simply have a major problem with the idea that Hawk has been unable to create a functional O-line with the talent that he has brought in. Miller was the #2 rated OT in his class and had his choice of where he wanted to go. Solder was not highly recruited but the pro scouts have consistently said he has the tools to play in the league. At least 6 other linemen on the roster had at least one other BCS school offer. If Hawk cannot form a coherent line and offense that allows a back to be in anything other than scramble mode then he has completely failed.

Speedy has proven that he belongs on the field as has Scotty as a walk-on. I simply have a major problem with the idea that Hawk has been unable to create a functional O-line with the talent that he has brought in. Miller was the #2 rated OT in his class and had his choice of where he wanted to go. Solder was not highly recruited but the pro scouts have consistently said he has the tools to play in the league. At least 6 other linemen on the roster had at least one other BCS school offer. If Hawk cannot form a coherent line and offense that allows a back to be in anything other than scramble mode then he has completely failed.

O-line is a complete cluster. No excuses for an O-line to be as poorly prepared as we are at this point in the season. Sure wish we get bring back Borberly.

http://www.virginiasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17800&ATCLID=1133491

Back