What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawkins is a MORON!!!

Yeah, I was pretty proud of the buffs going into the lockerroom having held the lead the entire first half. They did good. It wasn't enough, and other threads will rehash the mistakes, but hey, THEY WERE AHEAD THE WHOLE FIRST HALF. That means there is life in this team yet.
the players want to win, but their coach wont let them with his stupid decisions:sad2:

Yeah, I was pretty proud of the buffs going into the lockerroom having held the lead the entire first half. They did good. It wasn't enough, and other threads will rehash the mistakes, but hey, THEY WERE AHEAD THE WHOLE FIRST HALF. That means there is life in this team yet.
Yeshhhh...but, HAWK is not letting them hit their potential! This team could be good.....

The timing of throwing Hansen in there is undecipherable, but here's the upside: Hawkins made a change. If he can change qbs mid-game, maybe he can see other places where change could be good. Overall, it's a positive step, even if the timing is odd and later than some would have liked.

That old bird learned a new trick. Good for him. Keep it up Hawkins, thoughtful change CAN be good.

The timing of throwing Hansen in there is undecipherable, but here's the upside: Hawkins made a change. If he can change qbs mid-game, maybe he can see other places where change could be good. Overall, it's a positive step, even if the timing is odd and later than some would have liked.

That old bird learned a new trick. Good for him. Keep it up Hawkins, thoughtful change CAN be good.

All due respect man but 'thoughtful change' would have been to put him in the Wyoming game where Cody wasn't getting it done either. That way TH gets up to speed during a win, possibly makes a difference in the WVU game and is ready for Texas. He just threw him to the wolves because he knew that he'd be crucified (literally... like outside his house) if he stuck with Cody after such a crucial and costly INT.

I have no doubt that hawk is a moron but why is everyone upset at the burn of hansen's redshirt. We know Cody can't get the job done and maybe I am being unfair but I don't think hansen is going to be a standout qb either. So let him get some playing time ASAP and finish his eligibility quicker in hopes that we get a hAlf decent qb in the next few years.

... but why is everyone upset at the burn of hansen's redshirt.

Not sure where you are getting this.
I'm not seeing everyone agree on anything.
Personally, I don't get the timing -- I mean, why not Wyoming? Why 3/4th the way through Texas?

But it is what it is. I hope for Hansen's sake they practice him well this week and he starts against KU.

If this team shows up next week, we will beat Kansas. Valdez, u mentioned Cody might not be around next year, any reason why? Idk, just asking.

Not sure where you are getting this.
I'm not seeing everyone agree on anything.
Personally, I don't get the timing -- I mean, why not Wyoming? Why 3/4th the way through Texas?

But it is what it is. I hope for Hansen's sake they practice him well this week and he starts against KU.

I think this is where I am. I know none of us have coached football, but it's seemed pretty clear that CHawk wasn't getting the job done for a few weeks now. Just odd that we waited until the 4th quarter of the 5th game to make the move.

If this team shows up next week, we will beat Kansas. Valdez, u mentioned Cody might not be around next year, any reason why? Idk, just asking.
He'll be on the team, he just won't play. Unless they fire Hawk. I'm not sure if he stays at CU if they fire his dad.

He'll be on the team, he just won't play. Unless they fire Hawk. I'm not sure if he stays at CU if they fire his dad.

Wouldn't he basically have to unless he gives up football? Hawk isn't going to be fired until at least the end of the year. Cody will be a senior next year, he's out of time to transfer anywhere else. He'd either stay on the team here or quit and join his dad's staff at wherever he lands.

Wouldn't he basically have to unless he gives up football? Hawk isn't going to be fired until at least the end of the year. Cody will be a senior next year, he's out of time to transfer anywhere else. He'd either stay on the team here or quit and join his dad's staff at wherever he lands.
I could definitely see Cody going landing wherever his dad ends up at. Even if that was just for a year to play.

Even if you RS a year, you still get to RS for your transfer year right?

With it being Cody's 5th year next year will he already have finished his degree? If so would he realize he isnt going to play and just get into being a graduate assistant or something...obvisouly with his dad...wherever he goes.

i think he has better character than that, if he left with his dad, itll prove what many have said.

I'm with the people that wish the move was made against Wyoming, or better yet, after halftime against CSU when Cody clearly had not changed over the offseason. That being said, thankfully Hawk made a change and Tyler didn't come in and throw 4 picks and shake everyone's hope in him. I can't wait to see us play Kansas next week, I have a feeling we're going to win it big.

To be fair to the OL, most of those came after Hansen came in. Hansen almost certainly has a different cadence and rhythm to calling for the snap than Hawkins---I sincerely doubt the O-line spent much time worrying about how Hansen signaled for the snap on the off chance that he might be put in.

Another reason putting Hansen in like this didn't make very much sense.

It was a silent snap (out of shotgun). Hansen/Cody stomps their feet and the center waits a couple of seconds then snaps the ball.

I think the OL was playing well when we had a balanced attack going. Then the lead disappered thanks to the worst special teams unit in the big 12, and we became one dimensional again. I agree they should be better than they are looking at their collective resume's, but they are still young.

I think we are just 2 or 3 players away from a decent team.
1. a QB
2&3. a couple of receivers that can get a little separation.

It will be interesting to see if TH can develop into the quarterback we need. I'm hoping he had a productive offseason!

:popcorn:

This was the thread I was looking for. I'm sure there are some identical ones I can read too.

The only problem I really had with bringing in Hansen as we did -- the game was already over when Hansen came in. Our running game was not doing anything. Texas knew we were going to have to pass every down. So they sent everybody after the QB and Hansen got killed.

A better strategy, IMO would have been to START A GAME with Hansen and actually develop an offensive gameplan that takes advantage of Hansen's strengths. i.e. his legs and his scrambling ability. Put in some read option and let Hansen run the ball occasionally.

Putting the scrambling QB into the game when we have to pass every single play was a big mistake, IMO.

The only problem I really had with bringing in Hansen as we did -- the game was already over when Hansen came in. Our running game was not doing anything. Texas knew we were going to have to pass every down. So they sent everybody after the QB and Hansen got killed.

A better strategy, IMO would have been to START A GAME with Hansen and actually develop an offensive gameplan that takes advantage of Hansen's strengths. i.e. his legs and his scrambling ability. Put in some read option and let Hansen run the ball occasionally.

Putting the scrambling QB into the game when we have to pass every single play was a big mistake, IMO.

It was a ten point game with something like eleven minutes remaining. Cody wasn't getting it done.

TH was thrown somewhat to the wolves, but I disagree that the game was over. It was quite possible that he was the spark that we needed--he does have the stronger arm, and his elusiveness could have additionally helped with the blitz. Of course none of that happened, but it sounded like a solid theory.

I agree with most that the timing of this move is about as moronic as can be....but I am 100% behind the decision IF AND ONLY IF he made the move telling TH that he's our starter from here on out.

I think Coach Hawk had to have made a promise like that as well, otherwise TH should have told him to f*** off when approached in the 4th quarter last night.

It was a ten point game with something like eleven minutes remaining. Cody wasn't getting it done.

TH was thrown somewhat to the wolves, but I disagree that the game was over. It was quite possible that he was the spark that we needed--he does have the stronger arm, and his elusiveness could have additionally helped with the blitz. Of course none of that happened, but it sounded like a solid theory.

I understand why they did it. I am just saying - to me - the better strategy would have been to START THE GAME with Hansen. That way he has the full offense available to him, the running game, the score would be tied, he wouldn't be coming in at a time when CU was down, etc.

Back