What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawkins Not Available For Big XII Telecon Today

SanDiegoBuff

Club Member
Club Member
OMG... WHAT COULD BE HAPPENING :wow:

I heard from a friend of a friend who has a siter and a brother AND a friend that this is fishy!

oooooh.

sort of ominous.

wouldn't they just announce if he were ill or something?

I was hoping he come back after last weekend's improvement and kick butt the rest of season. Really.

OMG... WHAT COULD BE HAPPENING :wow:

I heard from a friend of a friend who has a siter and a brother AND a friend that this is fishy!

Wait.. is this true? because if it is, that is very cowardly, and IMO, unacceptable. I know he neglects many of his obligations as HC of this team, but you can't avoid the media, especially when the other 11 coaches have to call in.

Wait.. is this true? because if it is, that is very cowardly, and IMO, unacceptable. I know he neglects many of his obligations as HC of this team, but you can't avoid the media, especially when the other 11 coaches have to call in.

It is true, according to Ringo... However there was apparently a 'mix up with the schedule' according to Plati. Of course, you'd think that something like this would be pretty ingrained in his schedule by now.

KyleRingo Dan Hawkins was not available for the Big 12 Conference coaches teleconference today.

KyleRingo Just a mix up with Dan Hawkins' schedule this morning. No major problems or crisis led to him missing the conference call, Dave Plati said.

It is true, according to Ringo... However there was apparently a 'mix up with the schedule' according to Plati. Of course, you'd think that something like this would be pretty ingrained in his schedule by now.

The Big 12 conference call is scheduled every week. There should never be a schedule mix-up.. That being said it probably is not that important.

Scheduling conflict/mix-up? Probably true, but pretty standard for this staff. They do those things weekly, at more or less the same time during the season. I can definitely see how you could mix that up after only 3+ years to get that on your schedule.

You know those zen guys, he mistakenly ate breakfast 4 hours before the call and had to take a dump.

all kidding aside, this "scheduling conflict" strikes me as pretty convenient. if i were hawk, i wouldn't want to talk about benching my kid either. or answer "why now?" or any of the other hard questions he was likely to draw...

it smells like he's dodging the press to me. "scheduling conflict"... yeah, right...

i don't necessarily blame him. it could work out well. if the Buffs come out and beat ku and hansen has a decent game, then hawkins will be fielding far friendlier questions than he was going to field today. it looks to me like he's rolling the dice for better results v. ku.

dudes, is ku a job game? seriously. lose that one and our Buffs are sitting at 1-5. a bowl game looks freaking hopeless at that point. at some point don't they have to cut bait with this guy if he continues to fail to perform?

i think a lot of folks are pointing at ku as the point where the line in the sand gets drawn and the season gets turned around. but, i will remind everyone that ku is a very well-coached football team with more experience by far at key positions than CU. we like to think we have better athletes than they do, but right now i am not so sure.

anyhow, as is the allbuffs' way, i have digressed slightly.

back on point, i don't think missing the telecon is an accident.

Let's face it, he's a coward... He is out of cliche's and excuses. The fact that he went to T.H. is more obvious than just coming out and saying "I'm on the hot seat."

He is just too proud to come out and say it himself.

I'm sure there are coaches who have a lot to do as well, for instance, all of the other 11 coaches will be calling in today.

If Stoops and Brown have time to call in, Hawkins certainly does too.

That being said, I don't really think this is a big deal.

Last edited:
Well, it isnt no huge surprise here. Hawk knows if he doesnt win here he is gone. Gotta start producing or its gonna be over yesterday.

In summary, Hawk doesn't want to field any tough questions, has run out of lame responses to questions, and is focusing every minute he has on a game plan to try and salvage his job. Oh, and he's a coward. Did I miss anything?

Back