What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawkins recent remark. Booooo!

You are the only one old enough to remember who Alex English is! As a former Houston Rocket fan (lost interest in the NBA long ago), I used to love the Rocket-Nugget games. There were some classic one. Hanzlik used to freakin kill Ralph Sampson. He'd get in his head during the first 2 minutes of the game and Ralph was useless. Hakeem was unstoppable back then, though.

I was there the night Hanzlik pissed Olajuwon off so badly he took a swing at him and got tossed. One of the few times Hakeem lost his cool.

I was there the night Hanzlik pissed Olajuwon off so badly he took a swing at him and got tossed. One of the few times Hakeem lost his cool.

I don't remember the Olajuwon incident but I remember hanzlik pissing off Sampson and Sampson took a swing at him and connected on Hanzlik's jaw. And I'm pretty sure that game was in Houston.

On CFN after the game I heard Hawk say, "I (or maybe we) appreciate you fans more than you know." He didn't say anything about colors fans wore that I heard, but I was listening to broadcast KOA in Grand Junction so I could have missed it. Our local station carried a HS game!!! I have to figure out who to bitch to before next week.

I grew up in GJ and Buffs games have always been hard to get for some reason.

Here's a guy who's 3-6 and he's taking shots at a group of fans that have the audacity to point out that he's the worst coach at CU since Fairbanks?

Brilliant move, dumbass. :rolleyes:

Wearing powder blue shirts to "help the program" by sending a message

FAIL

You are the only one old enough to remember who Alex English is! As a former Houston Rocket fan (lost interest in the NBA long ago), I used to love the Rocket-Nugget games. There were some classic one. Hanzlik used to freakin kill Ralph Sampson. He'd get in his head during the first 2 minutes of the game and Ralph was useless. Hakeem was unstoppable back then, though.

f Houston. They stole the Denver Rockets nickname. Spencer Haywood, baby! He won rookie of the year and mvp at 21, then broke the NBA's rule of having to wait for his class to graduate when he moved on to the Supersonics.

i have a sick signed poster of Fat LEVer, english was smooth

Fat was part of an incredible team from ASU that included Byron Scott and Alton Lister. They used to beat up on UA...

Here's a guy who's 3-6 and he's taking shots at a group of fans that have the audacity to point out that he's the worst coach at CU since Fairbanks?

Brilliant move, dumbass. :rolleyes:

:yeahthat:

I saw tons of great buff fans there today. Some were.in black and gold, some were in blue. None of them was a buff only because they were being paid a million dollars a year to be there.

If a coach is not working for their alma mater, they really sound like ****ing tools questioning the fandom of people who put heart and soul into a program they would walk away from in a second if a single paycheck bounced.

I care that the players were unhappy about the powder blue. Hawk? Not so much.

why do you say that ?
It sure was noticed by Bohn and certainly got under Hawk's thin skin.
But I thought it WAS kind of lame that most of the powder blue shirts I saw were Denver Nugget jerseys. At the very least, someone could have made powder blue shirts with some sort of quote on it and sold 'em for $10 a pop.

What would a cool quote hae said?

"I'm holding my breath until I turn blue or Hawk is gone!"

But I thought it WAS kind of lame that most of the powder blue shirts I saw were Denver Nugget jerseys. At the very least, someone could have made powder blue shirts with some sort of quote on it and sold 'em for $10 a pop.

T-shirts with the slogan " Fairbanks and Hawk the legacy of Powder Puff Blue a tradition that is fitting of you two."

well- if CU ****s the bed next week in Iowa there's plenty of time to do so

At the very least, someone could have made powder blue shirts with some sort of quote on it and sold 'em for $10 a pop.

My proposal for the blue shirt.

Attachments

• CU BLUES - FRONT.jpg
    CU BLUES - FRONT.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 2
  • CU BLUES BACK.jpg
    CU BLUES BACK.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1
You know what? If the sky blue shirts were what it took to piss off the team and unite it, then kudos to everyone that wore one.

Gotta win in Ames next week, Hawk, or this win won't mean much. Buffalo up!

I orginally was against the blue protest but if it's getting to Hawkins, then go for it...everyone should wear blue.

He's a total dip****. And now he has his players saying the same thing, ie. Tyler Hansen. He missed the whole point that the fans support the team but not the coach.

I guess the fans in the stands need some BIG SIGNS to say what they want to say because otherwise, it gets twisted.

Yeah...the fans definitely need to take it to the next level...not just some old, faded blue t-shirt but something that means something.
seriously. that **** was tame and it got one hell of a reaction. As far as time spent on organization to effect, it has got to be one of the most efficient protests of all time :lol:

Gotta disagree. The AD has spent all of it's time attacking the fans who wear blue as opposed to addressing the reasons the fans did it in the first place.

Not so much Bohn, who is clearly not happy with it, but outwardly says he appreciates the passion of the people who participated, but with morons like Plati (and yes, I just called Plati a moron) and Hawkins, who clearly have their heads crammed too far up their asses to understand what this was all about to begin with.

Just in case either one of them is trolling - We wore blue because the product on the field is reminiscent of Chuck Fairbanks. Hawk has lost twice as many games as he's won. We can either stay at home or let you know that we're pissed. Which would you prefer?

Just in case either one of them is trolling - We wore blue because the product on the field is reminiscent of Chuck Fairbanks. Hawk has lost twice as many games as he's won. We can either stay at home or let you know that we're pissed. Which would you prefer?

I know I don't want Black and Gold to represent the color of repressed honesty.

Back