What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawkins Supporters?

Are you joyriding on Hawkins' Bandwagon?

• Hawk is the savior of this program

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I'm no D-1 football coach and trust in the mighty Hawk

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • We will see what happens

Votes: 55 43.0%
  • I love CU too much to bad mouth the coach?

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • Hell no, the coach has to go!

Votes: 59 46.1%

• Total voters
Will always be pro-CU. Liked the Hawk hire at the time because of the name and track record at Boise. I like what he's done for recruiting, but in Year Four coaching has not been up to par. The first two games of the season were a disaster after a summertime media feeding of "We can't tell or show you what's going on behind the scenes, but we can tell you we're going to be much better than the previous years," which I now understand because if we knew things weren't going to be set for a run at the Big 12 North, several parties wouldn't have thrown down for season tickets. That frustrates me as much as Hawk's recent dealings with the media and failure to show some accountability to the press of his shortcomings. I will be patient during the season but once it is over my temper may show signs of regress.

IMHO, I'm going to wait and see until next year before I issue my final verdict. After i see the product next year, I will make up my mind and stick to it. I have to say though... it's not looking like next year will be anything special. You don't get where Hawk is by being stupid and making stupid football decisions, so I have a hard time reconciling what I see happen and what I think of Hawk.

IMHO, I'm going to wait and see until next year before I issue my final verdict. After i see the product next year, I will make up my mind and stick to it. I have to say though... it's not looking like next year will be anything special. You don't get where Hawk is by being stupid and making stupid football decisions, so I have a hard time reconciling what I see happen and what I think of Hawk.

This is pretty much right where I am at. If this team is not in a descent bowl with a good chance of coming away with a win, that I will change my vote.

It's debatable whether or not three seasons is enough time for any coach. I don't recall any CU fans saying Hawk ought to be fired after last season because we are rational CU fans. But getting your rear whooped by CSU and Toledo is a very telling sign about how this season might go. I know we shut Wyoming out but Wyoming is in its first year of a new offense and they are using two QBs right now so they are not where they will be in a couple of years.

I believe that if CU is competitive against WVU & UT and we get a win against KU, some attitudes towards Hawk could begin to change. CU will have to win some games on the road to save Hawk's job and if CU sweeps the rest of the home slate and wins one or two games on the road, 7-5 or 8-4 would be a good record for the Buffs.

I admit I was ready to get rid of Hawk after the Toledo game but let's see how CU finishes the season unless we get to six or seven losses before the end of the season. Once we hit seven losses, Hawk needs to be shown the door even if the season ain't over yet.

Back