1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hawkins vs Fairbanks

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I want to preface this post/thread by saying that I honestly believe that Hawkins genuinely cares about the CU football program and has given 100% in all aspects of his job. Conversely, I believe that Fairbanks didn't care about any aspect of his job and was just milking it for the time he was here.

But the preface makes it worse in a way...

Chuck Fairbanks, while worrying about whether CU had ponied up for a new pair of shoes to wear for the game, was 7-26 as the CU football coach (26.8%).

Dan Hawkins, while busting his ass and giving it all he's got as the CU football coach, has won 5 out of his last 20 games as the CU football coach (25.0%).

It's amazing that anyone can perform that badly with the resources and tradition at CU while actually trying.

2. BuffMania

BuffMania Banned BANNED

5 of last 20. Yikes.:wow:

3. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

There's no justifiable comparison between Fairbanks and Hawkins. Hawkins - while admittedly serving as a DREADFUL gameday coach - will leave this program in 10,000% better shape than Fairbanks did. Actually, whomever gets hired in the coming months will be inheriting a program in FAR better shape than the one Hawkins took over 4 years ago.

True, the players are undisciplined, regularly confused, and (particularly on the O-Line) softer than melted marshmallows, but with players like Kasa, Major, Stewart, Hansen, Simas, Miller, Smith, and etc one thing you can't say is that the roster lacks talent. Assuming a truly capable coach gets hired within weeks of the end of the season, the talent is there to go to a bowl game next year. You couldn't say that when Barnett (who was obviously a much better coach on the whole) left.