What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawk's Coming Out Party

Considering it is the lowest rated recruiting class in the Big 12 what could he say. Talking about about the kids character when there isn't much to say about the talent is only normal.

By NOT talking up the talent that he and his staff saw in those guys, then it reinforces that there isn't much. If he had given some more points on the talent they identified that others didn't see it would have been more credible.

Anyway, it doesn't matter personally as I wouldn't believe him since we've all heard it before.

I don't mean to be negative against the kids that we signed, as I will cheer them on and hope they all do develop into good players.

I agree that it was a good presser considering the situation. I guess I don't understand what people want hawk to say on signing day that he didn't say.

I basically want him to keep his mouth shut and win some football games, so yeah, I am kinda ripping him here for the sake of it. But he´s responsible for the football team and this recruiting class, which doesn´t seem to fill anyone with excitement.

Disclaimer: I am not slamming the kids we signed here, but please forgive me for not jumping with joy about a class which includes not one single top 10 HS senior from the state of Colorado.

Last edited:
I basically want him to keep his mouth shut and win some football games, so yeah, I am kinda ripping him here for the sake of it. But he´s responsible for the football team and this recruiting class, which doesn´t seem to fill anyone with excitement.
I understand the frustration with the program but not the frustration with how he handled this presser. People have been ripping hawk for staying away from the media and now that he is required to come before them and give a presser on signing day you're saying he should just keep his mouth shut? He can't. He has to hold a presser.

Hawk has never built up the expectations of kids coming in. He says their good kids, blah, blah, blah. I'd hate it if he started gushing about some high school kid.

DS, Josh Smith and Celestine is what you end up with when kids arrive and don't have to work hard to see the field. Every kid in this class will have to develop and work hard and prove themselves. High School is history.

Hawk has never built up the expectations of kids coming in. He says their good kids, blah, blah, blah. I'd hate it if he started gushing about some high school kid.

DS, Josh Smith and Celestine is what you end up with when kids arrive and don't have to work hard to see the field. Every kid in this class will have to develop and work hard and prove themselves. High School is history.

DS, JSmith and Celestine are what happens when kids show up and the coaching staff fails on every level to coach, motivate and actually get kids to work hard. If you can't motivate your players you're not a coach. Period, nothing to even argue there. To think otherwise and blame the kids is foolish and just plain wrong.

He did talk about ability before do you not remember the junk in the trunk comment that one year.

It's the COACHING STAFF who needs to develop the talent at CU. Guess what, we're screwed....

I understand the frustration with the program but not the frustration with how he handled this presser. People have been ripping hawk for staying away from the media and now that he is required to come before them and give a presser on signing day you're saying he should just keep his mouth shut? He can't. He has to hold a presser.

I pretty much admitted I am just ripping him for the sake of it. What more do you want?

Basically, I don´t want to hear anything from the guy until he wins some games unless it´s a simple "I resign".

Average presser.

This criticism will probably seem unfair, but here goes: I really wish Hawkins would stop saying "awesome" so much and referencing pop culture so much. He is trying a bit too hard and it comes off as extremely corny.

Scout.com has this class rated #69 tied with Duke. Those freakin Blue Devils are stealing our thunder.

Average presser.

This criticism will probably seem unfair, but here goes: I really wish Hawkins would stop saying "awesome" so much and referencing pop culture so much. He is trying a bit too hard and it comes off as extremely corny.

Would your opinion remain the same if he said "allsome" instead?

Scout.com has this class rated #69 tied with Duke. Those freakin Blue Devils are stealing our thunder.

when i checked last, Vanderbilt, Stanford, Northwestern, Duke, and Wake Forest all had better classes than us. i'm 100% behind not sacrificing the academic integrity of CU.....and not the the Dan/BDC eternal 2.6 team GPA angle......which i'm really tired of hearing about. it ain't hard to make a C at CU. as a teacher there since 01, i can tell you.

there you go.

Back